Home The Bridge
Options

They actually listened.

13»

Comments

• Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Well I logged in, poked around, and it seems like a fair resolution for me. I’m happy.

I can understand why some might still have hard feelings. I’m new, so this is my “first strike,” which makes me more inclined to forgive and forget.

I’m glad to be back in the game!

5186alphebg3.jpeg
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Companies as a general rule do not issue apologies because apologies can make them more liable to lawsuits because the company has admitted fault.

Nnnhh...
    dzc1wdloal0x.png
    Okay, not exactly apples and apples, but apologizing isn't exactly too hard.
    Also helps to have less bugs.

(Why doesn't STT have maintenance outages anyways... Maybe QA would go up if it did...)

That is not a real apology. No fault was admitted that could lead to a lawsuit or damages. That was a cookie cutter fake lawyer apology that every company uses. Even Tilting Point uses it sometimes. All they are admitting to is an inconvenience. Would that have been sufficient for you here?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Again, that impact is infinitesimally small because you have to have the polestars to align the right legendary.
    And even then, you'd need a really simplistic roster to super-benefit from an extra 1/5.
    On average, the "advantage" would be microscopic.

(BTW, I have 2000 quantum, but I'm I'm losing the quantum regrowth while I sit on it. So having more isn't necessarily a blessing or a benefit either.)

You could also think of it this way... Mirror Picard, EV Archer and Prince Bashir. These are toons that players in the past have received for free, but if you started today you don't get any of those. Advantage, yes. Gamebreaking or destroy-your-experience level? Ehh.
    Or... A guy bought their 5/5 for this event... It improved their experience, but it doesn't really impact yours.

The spare junk and quantum is the same way; some got it, you might not have, and it ultimately won't really affect your experience.
    Maybe you need to send one more shuttle for an event... So did everyone else, it's inflation.

To me this is a selfish way to see it. You could have said the same about the ban: On the long run 3 days of not playing would have had barely any impact. It just was not fair, and neither is this.

Who got a gold on day one had 200 Q when the bans hit. Then they lost out on the regen of one day. Given that 50 Q cost 90 dil if bought in the cheapest possible way that is still a gift of 750/50x90 = 1350 dil.

I am not overly concerned about the fact, just like I thought that considering to quit over 3 days of ban or spamming 1* reviews wherever possible was an overreaction. For real neither is life changing, inside or outside the game. But raging over one and lateron dismissing the concern about the other when you are a profiteer of the fix speaks books again. :s

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    ALeeRocksALeeRocks ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Again, that impact is infinitesimally small because you have to have the polestars to align the right legendary.
    And even then, you'd need a really simplistic roster to super-benefit from an extra 1/5.

(BTW, I have 2000 quantum, but I'm I'm losing the quantum regrowth while I sit on it. So having more isn't necessarily a blessing or a benefit either.)

You could also think of it this way... Mirror Picard, EV Archer and Prince Bashir. These are toons that players in the past have received for free, but if you started today you don't get any of those. Advantage, yes. Gamebreaking or destroy-your-experience level? Ehh.
    Or... A guy bought their 5/5 for this event... It improved their experience, but it doesn't really impact yours.

The spare junk and quantum is the same way; some got it, you might not have, and it ultimately won't really affect your experience.
    Maybe you need to send one more shuttle for an event... So did everyone else, it's inflation.

I really do not understand where you are going with this...

Few will disagree that the advantage of 1 or 2 extra 1* Legendaries is minimal overall for most advanced rosters. So then why do players care so much if others take advantage of bugs, exploits, or macros to gain a few more chronitons, honor, or crew? Why does TP/WRG care that some players gained extra Constellations, ISM, and Credits? If that impact is so microscopic, why not just randomly distribute currency/resources to all players? Because no matter how minor the impact, the game designer should establish as level a playing field as possible for all players.

The fact that you are sitting on 2000 Quantum is your own choice. With the updated Daily Retrieval Pack and in-game e-mail, all players can equally get 19 Constellations and 8 Polestars, creating plenty of combinations to align to one Legendary (and probably two) of your choosing. Losing that Quantum recharge is your own decision that no one is forcing upon you.

I never claimed that having 2000 Quantum vs. 1200 will create a game-breaking advantage for players - only that it is more impactful than extra Constellations/ISM because Quantum is the limiting currency for Crew Retrieval. In fact, I could probably make the case that as far as Crew Retrieval goes, the banned players came out ahead of the other players in terms of currency/resources. This was completely unnecessary because TP/WRG could have easily given all players equal amounts as part of their solution.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    47ylz0qkpxg4.png
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    I’m satisfied with this resolution. Let’s get back to enjoying the game
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    [SSR] Bri wrote: »
    [SSR] Bri wrote: »
    I’m satisfied with this resolution. Let’s get back to enjoying the game

Satisfied at being labelled a cheat?

Hey I’m not defending them for what they did, it sucked. But I’m not gonna hold a grudge, I’d rather move on and make the best of it.

Sorry if my reply came across as terse. It wasn't meant that way, I just typed it quickly. That's great that you're choosing to move on in that way. :)

Me, I'm moving on by not playing. I'm not willing to be called a cheat for pressing a 'buy again' button a couple of times and losing three days worth of progress for me and my fleet with no apology.

No apology necessary 🖖🏻

I think they’ve apologized by their actions, and acquiesced to what people were asking for. Yes, they messed up bad, but they did try to fix it after listening to the players. I’d rather draw a line and move on, but of course IDIC, we are all different and I understand your stance
  • Options
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    I never claimed that having 2000 Quantum vs. 1200 will create a game-breaking advantage for players - only that it is more impactful than extra Constellations/ISM because Quantum is the limiting currency for Crew Retrieval. In fact, I could probably make the case that as far as Crew Retrieval goes, the banned players came out ahead of the other players in terms of currency/resources. This was completely unnecessary because TP/WRG could have easily given all players equal amounts as part of their solution.

You’re arguing two sides of the same coin.
    If it’s not gamebreaking or huge impact, then why make a mountain out of a tiny pile of non-premium currency?

Yes, there is an advantage, but who cares?
    This is just a bug and some gifts for having to deal with it.

And if you understand the mess they made with the Independece Day pack, you’d also understand that they can’t easily make it all equal.
  • Options
    +1
    IceCat wrote: »
    My main takeaways from this:

• too little, too late... the damage has been done
    • communication is still one of, if not the biggest issue, that TP has
    • this includes internally as they are clearly not on the same page, and one hand (department) doesn't know what the other is doing
    • there is absolutely no proper oversight, quality control, procedures for handling issues such as these, etc., and they are just making it up as they go and hoping for the best
    • nothing they have done properly acknowledges their poor choices, actions taken in bad faith, or compensates the entire player base for what was lost... not to mention takes ownership for the fallout that came from all of this

Maybe they've learned that it's a bit hard to undo the damage after you go full scorched earth and burn everything to the ground. Take the time to think things through before you take actions that can't easily be undone. Maybe.

But I'm not holding my breath.

• Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

Few will disagree that the advantage of 1 or 2 extra 1* Legendaries is minimal overall for most advanced rosters. So then why do players care so much if others take advantage of bugs, exploits, or macros to gain a few more chronitons, honor, or crew? Why does TP/WRG care that some players gained extra Constellations, ISM, and Credits? If that impact is so microscopic, why not just randomly distribute currency/resources to all players? Because no matter how minor the impact, the game designer should establish as level a playing field as possible for all players.

Simple answer — principle.

Most people don't like cheaters, or anyone breaking rules to get an advantage. Doesn't matter how much of one. It speaks to one's integrity.

By using your logic, let me reverse your question. Why do these people cheat at all if it makes no impact?

The answer is it does. Or they wouldn't do it.

That or they're risking bans for nothing. Which makes even less sense.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    47ylz0qkpxg4.png

Sounds great, until those who don't have him rage because they lost a huge advantage they had to work for. So I hope this isn't serious.

And I say that as someone who doesn't have him. He's one of the few tier 1s I need. Still doesn't make it right.

If this was just for the joke, then accept my apologies in advance.
  • Options

Most people don't like cheaters, or anyone breaking rules to get an advantage. Doesn't matter how much of one. It speaks to one's integrity.

By using your logic, let me reverse your question. Why do these people cheat at all if it makes no impact?

Is this a joke?

You think I cheated by pressing 'buy again' five or so times before realising none of the myriad currency was being depleted?

Because if you're serious - better watch what you press in future.
  • Options
    It was not cheating though to press something that was presented as a 'buy again'.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was not cheating though to press something that was presented as a 'buy again'.

I'm not saying it was. 😐
  • Options

You’re arguing two sides of the same coin.
    If it’s not gamebreaking or huge impact, then why make a mountain out of a tiny pile of non-premium currency?

Yes, there is an advantage, but who cares?
    This is just a bug and some gifts for having to deal with it.

And if you understand the mess they made with the Independece Day pack, you’d also understand that they can’t easily make it all equal.

I am sorry that you do not understand, but I am definitely not arguing two sides of the same coin. While I agreed with you that any advantage gained is probably minor, it is still an in equality that could/should have been avoided. My whole point was merely to point out the fact that TP/WRG's solution to give those previously-banned players 2000 Quantum is an advantage over the other players who likely only have around 1200 or so.

It is quite clear from previous incidents of bugs, cheats, and exploits that many players do care about fairness - even if big-picture impact is minor. The only reason this became a mountain is because you continue to downplay the impact. It must be rather easy to stand on your hill minimizing my point while you are one of the beneficiaries of this, but I am not so sure others would agree...
  • Options

I'm not saying it was. 😐

• Options

I apologize if you misunderstood, but I was making rhetorical statements/questions. If you read the last sentence from my quoted paragraph as well as the complete thread, you would see that I was making the argument that it does matter - no matter how minor.
  • Options

I'm not saying it was. 😐

I'm not in the mood to argue. You're taking what was said out of context. I've taken the time to clear up any potential misunderstanding and you're still insisting I mean something I don't.

LLAP 🖖

I have not taken anything out of context and I quoted you directly. You either think we are 'cheaters' or we're not. It not Schroedinger's choice.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not saying it was. 😐

I'm not in the mood to argue. You're taking what was said out of context. I've taken the time to clear up any potential misunderstanding and you're still insisting I mean something I don't.

LLAP 🖖

I have not taken anything out of context and I quoted you directly. You either think we are 'cheaters' or we're not. It not Schroedinger's choice.

Is this a joke?

You think I cheated by pressing 'buy again' five or so times before realising none of the myriad currency was being depleted?

Because if you're serious - better watch what you press in future.

I think you may have misconstrued my meaning. If I wasn't clear, I apologise.

I'm not saying you or anyone was cheating "by pressing 'buy again' five or so times before realising none of the myriad currency was being depleted". For the record, as I've said on numerous threads now, TP was way out of line, and for the majority of the player base, there was no malicious intent or intentional advantage gaining.

I was simply answering their question about why people care if others got an advantage that they didn't. That's all.

I know emotions are running hot, but please don't think everything is an extreme POV or an attack.

This will be the last time I'm responding to this. I've highlighted the relevant portion in bold. For the final time, I do not believe you cheated.

LLAP 🖖