Home The Bridge

Hoarders of Star Trek Timelines

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in The Bridge
s9vyktaau759.jpg

The recent running gag on the forums about hoarding resources in the game combined with the occasional screenshots shared by various folks showcasing their resources inspired me to start this thread to encourage my fellow hoarders to show off their collections!

I recently passed 200,000 chronitons and that combined with my supply of 3* time reducers finally going below 50 was the genesis of my sudden desire to start this thread now rather than continue to build up my reserves. I want to encourage all the hoarders to proudly show off their stockpiles and everyone else to marvel at the display!

I will go first. I know there are some out there with far more impressive caches than mine, but I will go first because somebody has to. I hope we can all find some enjoyment from this experience :)

xyz9oum7fycp.jpg

itai85p7162e.jpg

s366j0oyvytp.jpg

I've also got a LOT of stockpiled ship schematics but I suspect I am not alone there, but this is what I've got. OK, who's next?!

Comments

• I'm all set for a slots sale, honor sale and a year's worth of crew retrieval (or even more honor, who knows). My poor chrons are a work in progress for the next few months :blush:

y52tw15w1j4n.png
  • My stash isn't as impressive as yours, but I think I reached a point where I cansider myself a hoarder too.

l89eo5u1a6e7.jpg

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these things just accumulate. I hoard honor, I admit. I suppose I hoard dilithium, too. Almost all my dilithiumis saved for crew slot sales, which is why I have only minor crew.slot issues. All the rest just pile up. I have 100 supply kits, dispite using them like candy some weekends. I had more, but figured they were not doing any good so I use some even when it is not really necessary. As for boost packs: I open them all up every couple weeks. My credit stash has built back up since the sale. I still use them in faction stores as often as I like.
    7joqj2ulwp9h.jpg
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    My stash isn't as impressive as yours, but I think I reached a point where I cansider myself a hoarder too.

l89eo5u1a6e7.jpg

I am in no way, shape or form a hoarder and thus have nothing to contribute in that regard, but I have to note that unintentionally or not you have just coined an utterly fantastic portmanteau! I am assuming you meant to type ‘consider’ but it accidentally came out as cansider.
    This is fantastic because that could have also been phrased as ‘can consider’ but that is somewhat ungainly to say and hear.
    Thus cansider!
    Portmanteaus FTW!!!

I think I wanted to write "can consider". Or something like that. No idea what my brain was up to :D
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    My stash isn't as impressive as yours, but I think I reached a point where I cansider myself a hoarder too.

l89eo5u1a6e7.jpg

I am in no way, shape or form a hoarder and thus have nothing to contribute in that regard, but I have to note that unintentionally or not you have just coined an utterly fantastic portmanteau! I am assuming you meant to type ‘consider’ but it accidentally came out as cansider.
    This is fantastic because that could have also been phrased as ‘can consider’ but that is somewhat ungainly to say and hear.
    Thus cansider!
    Portmanteaus FTW!!!

Cansider is amazing. It’s like pottery.

• I’m a middle of the road hoarder.

vwgg1r9yo2vb.png
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having 205 Supply Kits is my only claim to fame in this thread compared to the rest of you. (I've got my stashes, but they're smaller than some of the images here!)

I can understand how everything accumulates, but my goodness, how do some of you end up with so many chronitons? I don't feel like I spend mine a crazy amount outside of skirmishes and galaxy (mostly just to hit the dailies) - it boggles my mind that some people are sitting on 200k or 300k!
  • As self confessed hoarders, do you allow yourself to spend 5m credits on retrieval? Or just save them for the next dabo?
    For some reason now I'm conscience of my credits and stopped doing pulls, they dont seem to grow very quickly.
    bvqozkykbva0.png
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    As self confessed hoarders, do you allow yourself to spend 5m credits on retrieval? Or just save them for the next dabo?
    For some reason now I'm conscience of my credits and stopped doing pulls, they dont seem to grow very quickly.
    bvqozkykbva0.png

As for me, I have never hoarded credits in more than 3 years. I just let them accumulate. I buy certain items every day from the faction stores if it is for credits. I never look twice at build costs or replicator costs. Of course, I use the replicator very seldomly. Using the replicator means saving chronitons, but using the chronitons gains you experience and credits. I spend 5 to 8 thousand chronitons each galaxy or skirmish event. Sometimes more. This gets me more credits. I also get maximum credits on the weekend by carefully timing cadet missions and ads. I spent about 70 million last honor sale on the basic pulls for honor, and I bought most of the Dabo-for-credits. When I began, I read so much about credit shortages that I kept a couple million as a stockpile for a month or so before I far surpassed that. Only once did I have credit issues, and that was one weekend when I was a few months in and leveled 10 crew in a weekend. That ran me out. So, no, I will not hesitate to spend credits on retrieval. I know credits are a big issue to many, but I don't know why. It's not like I don't immortalize crew. I have 570 immortalized and only a small number of 4* are duplicates (plus one 2* accident).

The only things I intentionally hoard are honor and dilithium, and that is so that I can intentionally use as much as possible when the sales come.
  • uwn8ixlthdx9.png
    I fall short on supply kits, but I am slowly creeping up there with honor.
  • DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    man .. I thought I was doing "ok" .. but what I got here .. well, rookie numbers, for sure .. lol

f7z59imrpkwn.png

iv4dk3nwhjn4.png

6kz7rzijio1r.png

I usually try to keep the # of free boosts, or crew packs low ... because they're so painful to open "en masse" ...

So I usually use them for the dailies, "open 3 per day" .. and then the resulting crew I use for the level up, equip, and even the away mission and space battles .. (just farm some random items on those crew)

• Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    h5fremephs8y.png

literal LOL
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto wrote: »
    I usually try to keep the # of free boosts, or crew packs low ... because they're so painful to open "en masse" ...

Oh believe me, I understand that. On my alt I've actually timed myself opening those packs so I know what I'm up against, I just started hoarding those trying to get over 1,000 simply because it is absolutely absurd! I've got enough Premium booster packs I could crack open to keep myself afloat in the meantime, I think I'll continue the climb to 1,500!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    As self confessed hoarders, do you allow yourself to spend 5m credits on retrieval? Or just save them for the next dabo?

We have similar credit stashes, so maybe I'm not the guy you're trying to ask, but... I get huge influxes of credits via skirmish, then burn them away on 90K pulls to add honor. After the most recent skirmish, I (mostly) didn't do any credit pulls so I'd be ready for the retrieval system. I expect to keep a 10-12M credit floor now to fuel the retrieval process, but otherwise I won't be trying to hoard it. The retrieval process doesn't seem likely to supplant the honor-citation process, so I'll be turning credits into honor again soon enough.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    210 supply kits, nearly enough for 7 months. I only normally pop one during galaxy or skirmish events.

178,764,979 credits.

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hoard anything except for maybe supply kits. The latter only accumulates because its generally more efficient to burn them only during a Galaxy event.

I keep a stash of 10m credits. It used to be 2m but they after the dabo credit sale I upped my stash. I also have to keep a Retrieval buffer now.

I'd rather just have the honour. I don't have all the stat buff collections completed yet so it won't hurt me to keep pounding away at those.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, so so far I think we've learned that I'm the biggest lunatic on the forums.
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    9v8nmyz1stgt.png

Just rookie numbers as someone said above. I will go through all my merits during the next crew slot sale in merit pulls and all my dilithium will go to slots. And I'll go through enough 90k credit pulls during the honor sale to be able to do another 40k begold if those appear again, then whatever left may go to crew retrieval, then hoard again until the next sales.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.