Home The Bridge

Event Discussion thread: Galaxy Event "Baby Boom" - (03/11)

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17864/galaxy-event-notes-baby-boom-2021-03-11/

2 things :
- yes, there will be a faction winner - this is not a typo
- the switch to DST will happen on Sunday March 14 in the USA, for the states observing it

Comments

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Another Galaxy? Totally was expecting a Skirmishes. Oh well. 😩

Why not more variety. Like Faction/Hybrid/Skirmishes/Galaxy?
    You have managed it before and now ur sadly back to old behavior.

Instead we now have/had: Faction/Galaxy/Faction/Galaxy. Soooo boring! 🥱
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • After using all my chrons on the last event I'll be very short going into this one. And I really do want Mirror Culber . . oh, yes . .
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Midwife Worf! Bring it! Pun intended.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would've gone hard for that Worf or that Culber. Both in one event makes things easier.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome!
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Sad that I finally went in big on the last Galaxy. Culber would really help my med gap.

Also, how is Worf not a caregiver (or nurse?!) especially given how few traits he has been given.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Security primary and Medical secondary seems very rare. Or I have missed some crew. Either way, I'm in.
    Security primary and Medical secondary seems very rare. Or I have missed some crew. Either way, I'm in.

Nope, you are correct. New Culber is well worth voyages wise.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • dauh1nfewcg6.png

Worf would protest this you calling him that 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Worf's shirt pic is missing, otjoqjs8bquu.png
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worf's shirt pic is missing, otjoqjs8bquu.png

Thanks, letting the team know!
    Worf's shirt pic is missing, otjoqjs8bquu.png

All fine he just wore a black shirt. Black only. 😆
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere StarsAndGarters is praising his deity of choice re: Midwife Worf; coincidentally I think I only just caught up with that particular episode of Timelines Talks when they were talking about having this card as Worf's MED card. How about that!
    After using all my chrons on the last event I'll be very short going into this one.

Me too; I think I'll have to just spend the minimum on dailies and hoard* the rest for the next week. If I can get above rank 2500 again and get the la Forge card 4/4 too I'll be very pleased!

* o:)
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this Culber. But boy, did I hate the last Galaxy. I ended up below 750 for the first time ever, and it was such a slog. I was hoping to see a Galaxy only in a Hybrid for some weeks at least.

Each poll makes clear that we dislike full Galaxies the most. And still...

New event types anyone?

And some of us can't stand skirmish events and much prefer Galaxy events. So maybe don't take your own opinion and claim it represents all the players.
  • I like this Culber. But boy, did I hate the last Galaxy. I ended up below 750 for the first time ever, and it was such a slog. I was hoping to see a Galaxy only in a Hybrid for some weeks at least.

New event types anyone?

I don’t remember any polls? Did I miss something? I love to exercise my right to vote :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today is a good day to dilate.

sh0kfklvzqwv.jpg

That is a good one. My mind went to the movie when I saw the event title, but I can't do Photoshop.
    c2auu3p9s8y8.jpg
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a new faction?

(It was my turn to ask that).
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I like this Culber. But boy, did I hate the last Galaxy. I ended up below 750 for the first time ever, and it was such a slog. I was hoping to see a Galaxy only in a Hybrid for some weeks at least.

New event types anyone?

And some of us can't stand skirmish events and much prefer Galaxy events. So maybe don't take your own opinion and claim it represents all the players.

New event types anyone?

I don’t remember any polls? Did I miss something? I love to exercise my right to vote :wink:

This was my first started discussion on the forum ever.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14487/what-is-your-favorite-event-type/p1

It has been quite some time in between - feel free to start a new one if you think the result is not accurate any more.

/edit: In the thread an earlier poll was mentioned too, if I remember correctly with the remark that the outcome was similar.

/edit2 @AviTrek: I admit that Hybrids including Expedition and Skirmish got even less votes than pure Galaxies. I could not remember and apologize.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

New event types anyone?

New event types anyone?

This was my first started discussion on the forum ever.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14487/what-is-your-favorite-event-type/p1

It has been quite some time in between - feel free to start a new one if you think the result is not accurate any more.

/edit: In the thread an earlier poll was mentioned too, if I remember correctly with the remark that the outcome was similar.

/edit2 @AviTrek: I admit that Hybrids including Expedition and Skirmish got even less votes than pure Galaxies. I could not remember and apologize.

Least voted for favorite != Disliked the most.

To say nothing of the issues with plurality vs majority and first past the post voting.

The poll was also from August 2019 before changes were made that we currently have today.