Home The Bridge

Event Discussion thread: Galaxy Event "Baby Boom" - (03/11)

Comments

• MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I like this Culber. But boy, did I hate the last Galaxy. I ended up below 750 for the first time ever, and it was such a slog. I was hoping to see a Galaxy only in a Hybrid for some weeks at least.

Each poll makes clear that we dislike full Galaxies the most. And still...

New event types anyone?

And some of us can't stand skirmish events and much prefer Galaxy events. So maybe don't take your own opinion and claim it represents all the players.
    I like this Culber. But boy, did I hate the last Galaxy. I ended up below 750 for the first time ever, and it was such a slog. I was hoping to see a Galaxy only in a Hybrid for some weeks at least.

Each poll makes clear that we dislike full Galaxies the most. And still...

New event types anyone?

I don’t remember any polls? Did I miss something? I love to exercise my right to vote :wink:

This was my first started discussion on the forum ever.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14487/what-is-your-favorite-event-type/p1

It has been quite some time in between - feel free to start a new one if you think the result is not accurate any more.

/edit: In the thread an earlier poll was mentioned too, if I remember correctly with the remark that the outcome was similar.

/edit2 @AviTrek: I admit that Hybrids including Expedition and Skirmish got even less votes than pure Galaxies. I could not remember and apologize.

Least voted for favorite != Disliked the most.

To say nothing of the issues with plurality vs majority and first past the post voting.

The poll was also from August 2019 before changes were made that we currently have today.

I am not aware of any improvements to Galaxies (or Factions) which made them more likeable, apart from the very new (and perhaps one-time-only) Faction Bonus.

The changes to Skirmishes had a very positive resonance. Do you think they get less love by the players now than before the change?

Like I said... If you think the outcome is not valid any more just go ahaid and make a new poll, or if it is significant to you an opposite poll about which event type the forum dislikes the most.

So, I love polls. I try to use neutral wording and make them as fair as I can and all that good stuff. The problem is that every poll on the forum is conducted among a small, vocal minority of STT players. No poll will really be accurate. That's quite unfortunate because I wish the results could represent all players so we could have a better understanding of what the community did and didn't like.

This is to say that either side could be right. We don't really have any way to know. Maybe a large group of spenders want a break between faction events or hybrids with a faction component. Maybe this break from hybrids is so that we'll appreciate the next one more. Maybe I'm completely and there's other factors at play. Whatever the case is, I'm ready for a hybrid faction/skirmish soon. :)

Well, at least the forum balances better than my fleet. There is zero love for Galaxies there.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • I think Worf should have both Nurse and Caregiver traits. Midwives, by definition are specially trained nurses. Also, when you have a Klingon holding a baby... Yeah, caregiver seems appropriate, even if he was doing everything the field manual was telling him to.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yinzer wrote: »
    I think Worf should have both Nurse and Caregiver traits. Midwives, by definition are specially trained nurses. Also, when you have a Klingon holding a baby... Yeah, caregiver seems appropriate, even if he was doing everything the field manual was telling him to.

Not all midwives are nurses.
    https://www.webmd.com/baby/what-is-a-midwife

And Worf was not actually a midwife. He was using his basic Starfleet emergency medical training. It's probably the equivalent of First Aid training, or maybe a step above that.
  • KadavarKadavar ✭✭✭
    The last Galaxy was more interesting due to 2 cards being achievable up to 750 rank. Normally if I'm cruising comfortably past 1,500 im not bothered for more as i'm not going to get in the top ranks. The second card at 750 is achievable for me if i push, but as a few other thought the same i sadly missed out by 15 places. It did drain most of my reserves for another one so soon. I quite liek the change in rank rewards even if i missed out on it.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadavar wrote: »
    The last Galaxy was more interesting due to 2 cards being achievable up to 750 rank. Normally if I'm cruising comfortably past 1,500 im not bothered for more as i'm not going to get in the top ranks. The second card at 750 is achievable for me if i push, but as a few other thought the same i sadly missed out by 15 places. It did drain most of my reserves for another one so soon. I quite liek the change in rank rewards even if i missed out on it.

Sorry you missed by so little. I've been there. Better luck next time
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    The follow up should be worf on ds9 when he found out Obrien was having kid #2 and he ran away.

To be fair to Worf, wasn't he going to be "busy" that week?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, visiting his parents on Earth. I think he looked almost as uncomfortable as the end of the holoprogram in "A Fistful of Datas" when Annie Myers Data made a move on him.
    That Data, the old lady in ST IV, and Liz Cutler are the big three I want badly to be added.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I agree that Worf should be a caregiver because lets face it . . . that is about the best care a Klingon has ever given someone.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    - yes, there will be a faction winner - this is not a typo

Very interesting. Can you share some of the thought process there? Nice little generous experiment.

I would be interested too. According to preview, the bonus is the same as a faction event.
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadavar wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what was your final VP rank? I'm thinking of shooting for 750 to get 2x Culbers. I have a huge amount stocked up, it's more a matter of finding the time.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 750 was around 900,000 points last time.
  • Rank 748 (me) was 1,004,070 last galaxy.
    Thanks!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    RW_Eagle wrote: »
    Rank 748 (me) was 1,004,070 last galaxy.

How many hours you need for this? I'm tired when I reached 160 k
    Once I've built up to the full VP rewards, I find I make about 100k per an hour of TV watching. I stock up on Galaxy components, so I don't need to stop to warp missions.

10 hours is a lot of TV for a weekend, but I also have a lot of outdoor chores this weekend. Some TV time while I rest my arms may be welcome!

Starport
  • I think I'm trying for top 1500 for the first time, always just hit thresholds (or up to the last 4*) before. If you need about a million for top 750, what do I need to shoot for to get my copy of Culber? :)
    I was expecting Mirror Culber to be pretty competitive, but now I'm wondering if a lot of folks will hold onto their chrons for next week's skirmish.

I'm OK with that.

Starport
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    udl9lafjaloc.png

Looks to me like Culber is after the baby!!

He heard it was Drago.
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we still sharing our Community & Threshold pulls?
    d82c91336384.jpg
    90w3ywzcbt1e.jpg
    mz1xjjt7tcc5.jpg
    8bbey22ssdl8.jpg

Airlocked the blues. Haven't had a begold in a while... 🤔
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
    Prisoner O'Brien has pretty good profiencies. I've got him on my list to try in Gauntlet.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Could someone please tell me what the opening dialogue of the event said? My real-life baby slapped my screen twice, and the dialogue went away!
  • Something about baby snatching to prevent the likes of Picard and Kirk growing up to be the heroes they are.

But when the adult versions of them exist in the same space, what's the point?
    @Steph loves Voyager If people want to share them, they do. I added a star to Trevis, an increasingly rare thing with me steadily finishing purples from the portal, plus honor and junk schematics.
    @[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb Systematic babynapping isn't good, no matter the reason. With that "why worry" thinking, A temporal agent could experiment on these kids' upbringing to find just the thing to use them to change a normally functioning timeline with no problem. They would be sleeper agents almost.