Home The Bridge

Event Discussion thread: Galaxy Event "Baby Boom" - (03/11)

13»

Comments

• @W.W. Carlisle
    I wasn't even suggesting that babynapping was a good thing! :lol: I was simply relaying the story. I must admit to being a little shocked by the storyline myself, especially (but not only) as a father.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could someone please tell me what the opening dialogue of the event said? My real-life baby slapped my screen twice, and the dialogue went away!

The opening dialogue may be found on the event’s Wiki page, here:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Baby_Boom#Prologue
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Steph loves Voyager If people want to share them, they do.

Oh sure, and no pressure to share if no one wants to, I just was thinking about how there used to be dedicated threads for them, but not so much now I think because of the general discussion threads absorbing them.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or people are hoarding them for the next portal update already.
    I know I'm down to Protomorphosis Riker to get and useful stars go down weekly. I FF'd Seamus this today. I was hoping to start another Coffee Janeway, since I got my first star on Evolved Janeway last week.
    No thread for Campaign pulls this go either. I didn't buy the premium track yet. No crates= no need. Without them, I just want the gold and the citation and she's more useful at 4/5 anyway.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    @W.W. Carlisle
    I wasn't even suggesting that babynapping was a good thing! :lol: I was simply relaying the story. I must admit to being a little shocked by the storyline myself, especially (but not only) as a father.

I don't usually read the plot, but I was rather surprised to see that one of the shuttle missions in the previous event described Ferengi being forced into sexual servitude.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they use the same titles and requirements for the different factions, but it seems wrong for the Bajorans to worry about the will of the gods. They are concerned with the prophets.
    zc48dwyrd6op.jpg
    So close!

jyfnblln0lpc.jpg
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So close!

jyfnblln0lpc.jpg

Nice. What was your VP level? I'm interested in knowing what the 1500 mark is. After we do a few.of these, we can start to get a new baseline. With the old system it was generally around 600K, higher for more popular crew.
    edited March 2021
    Nice. What was your VP level? I'm interested in knowing what the 1500 mark is. After we do a few.of these, we can start to get a new baseline. With the old system it was generally around 600K, higher for more popular crew.

My final VP was 585,605. I stopped playing 6 hours before the end of the event (ends in the wee hours of the morning for me) and the last time I looked at my rank before bedtime I was #948, so I dropped almost 650 spots in that time.

I thought I was going to have enough buffer to stay above 1500 but there must have been a big push towards the end (or I misjudged), not that I was too fussed about it because I was only going for the 3 copies of Doctor la Forge at #2500 anyway and if I got Culber, well that would have just been a bonus.

Interestingly the last Galaxy event "Immortal Conception" I scored 640,545 VP and ended at rank #1,767.