Home The Bridge
Options

WRG - some clarification on hoarding, please.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Almost every game feature works exactly in the same way, in the sense that they all favor players who can invest huge amounts of money and/or time over players who can invest only limited amounts of it. The entire game is built to work that way.

Of course that can be annoying, but it's the exact same thing that happens with every Tuesday pack and every event leaderboard and really everything else in Timelines.

How many people have quit the game over not getting the crew they wanted despite spending all of their dilithium on a pack? Or because they fell out of the top 1500 while dozens of others who had the resources and the time decided to rank and then airlock the legendary?

Getting rid of honor sales, only because that's the one situation that you choose to focus your attention on, doesn't change the fact that the entire game is built that way and those who are genuinely annoyed because of it will probably quit over it anyway at some point.

I also don't think that the people who quit over the lack of an honor sale would have stayed if honor sales were abolished entirely. Most of them probably quit because there was nothing exciting to look forward to and they got tired of waiting.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Kanon wrote: »
    Sales will always exist, players will never spend a currency as they get them, no matter the price. Players will always manage and save their resources to a variety of extents. Players will always keep as much of something as possible waiting for the best chance or "a rainy day".

If prices are dropped, players will "hoard" anyway, 'cause it's only natural to keep honor just in case tomorror a killer crew appears in the honor hall, or you need to cite an unexpected crew, or any oter situation when you really need honor at the moment.

I have no issue with hoarding, I have an issue with sales that have long and irregular gaps that benefit 'wealthy' and established players over 'poor' and newer players. I have seen the outpouring of emotion over them both privately and publicly here. People feel they 'can't' spend their honor outside of an honor sale.

Sure, there's just been a sale so there has been this giant catharsis in the community, but we'll just go through the same situation again in another year where people's expectations in regards to honor sales start to bleed into their feelings about the game.
    Whatever the gap is, it will always benefit better stablished players. That's inevitable. It happens and will always happen, with everyting, in game and in real life.

About the regularity, one or twice per year is more than enough, I think. I think most people can play just fine without spending honor most of the time anyway, so anyone can save. Gold citations and beholds are things that you can live without (specially now with crew retrieval), the honor hall crew is nice but not game breaking, and you can earn more that enough honor to buy the ocassional SR citation to FF some event crew (not in portal) at 3/4 (just skirmishes and faction, galaxy and hybrid will grant you 3 copies if you clear threshold and 1 from community)

EDIT: that's about 1 SR citation needed per month, if you count that of 4 events, only 2 will grant you a 3/4 not in portal, and campaigns will give you a SR citation to FF one of those 2.