Home Engineering Room
Options

I cannot get on game. - iOS repeated error messages impacting access/gameplay (edit by ~Shan)

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Ya I do wonder about router. It is only a problem for this game.

I did just get the error message on my iPad even with the power disconnected. So that may not be effected at all with me plugged into power and having that unrecognized device message (not sure if it said USB device.) but it looks like that is not part of the problem.

I am going to turn off wifi and start STT get the internet unavailable message and the exit STT and then turn on wifi and restart STT. This seems to always work in allowing me into the game. The error may crop up while I am on, but I have been able to finish what I intended to do and exit now usually without the error. I have also been able to run ads now though the chance for error seems more likely to occur on ads .

Edit: no problem got on also ran ad. Did hear a crunch sound after ad was finished. But I got reward. No sound during ad by the way. I think of the sound I heard like a data downloading speed problem, again though no error during use. I am going to go back and see if it will open without an error.
    No problem got back on game.

Edit2: I am busy today, but I will check my router log at some point see if it has something. In the past I had problem running ads on two of my devices at the same time (which I stopped doing) the work around for that was to use my iphone7 as a hot point and things worked find. That did reset my router and I saw info on that in the log, but that is not what this is all about, my wifi does not go down on this error.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Took a snapshot of some of the router log. Looks like these all have the same destination.
    nvc6dkrk5hl3.png
    Not really knowledgeable about what this is. I guess it is fwmonitor. Not familiar with this though

I will try to keep an eye on it see if there is any connection with the game unknown error message.

I might restart the router later today, to help cut down on log.

I did restart the router I think on Saturday.

Edit:
    I just realized this may not have anything to with the game.
    But there is a reset log so I will do that

Edit: also realized there are other logs. The system logs shows voice.
    I should have screenshot that too but I reset log. So will have to see later.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Okay my iPhone 7+ which was on cellular data only got the error and it is a stubborn one. My method to get in the game works. But clicking on many things just gives me the error . The voyage does not give me the message when I click on it. The voyage data does not load, however, I can exit out of the voyage screen which normally requires the data to load first.

So if I was not getting on by wifi, I would have to try shutting down if that did not work the restart. It might not be able to get the game to work. I guess I could see if it is possible to get on the game at all with cellular data once the error occurs. This will be a later test.

I turned on airplane mode, opened game got the server error, exit the game, then switched wifi back on, opened the game no error.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I reset then brought up the game and then exited. the system log is huge.
    Here is the top portion. Edit: okay this is In reference to transmission on my internet service provider and voice would be in reference to it.
    9jcxtaa20qfa.png

Further into the log I found this
    147uqxn0ixax.png

Of course the meaning I do not know. I just think it looks like something trying to get through my routers firewall. The problem with looking at the system log, is it has a lot to with the actual transmission of data to my internet service provider. May not be that meaningful.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that just happened to me. I was progressing fine ran an ad doubler on cadet mission. Then after doing some equipment building, I went to start a voyage but it would not let me name the voyage. I exited out and tried to get back in the error was there and would not let me in to the game. I did the internet off, start and end game, internet on. Was able to get into the game and send voyage.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    The only thing is I have no idea if my router was upgraded. No real information is in that part of log, all I see is the current version. If it's never been upgrade maybe that is what I am seeing, but considering how long I have had it , I doubt that it has not been upgraded. For others, my internet provider is ATTU-verse
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    It cannot be a router problem. I forgot. It happened on my iPhone 7+ with the wifi off.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I am back to thinking it is an inactivity problem. I was in the game I did a daily Chron followed by an ad. I was waiting for my vogage to need to be revived when I threw some garbage away and got a snack, this was not long the game was still bright , I went to my voyage and the data was not loading but I could exit out. I clicked on the fleet button and it took a few seconds but the error popped up. Since I notice it a lot with ads I am guessing it must take about 30 seconds but has to be a little longer for me to be able to successfully get rewards after Ad.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my iPhone 7+ I had the ad that looks like a internet page that has 3 ten second timed views. I got the error message after. But the next time i got on that device I did not have the error to start with.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a restart helps it usually means that there was a loss of connection between your client and our servers. However I am not sure why it would be more prevalent now, as opposed to before it started.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I was able to get on this morning with my iPhone 7+ without the error occurring. However, I wanted to add to the wiki info on Antedian Assassin but I needed to login to wiki. Once I had logged in I went back to train him and I got that unknown error. Again I had inactivity over 30 seconds while in the game and received the error message in game.. but I exit and restart the Ap and I am back in without the error message occurring.

After I leveled Antedian Assassin to level 90 I went to fuse him and got the error message. Went to collect shuttle and got the error message when I clicked collect.
    Tried exiting and reopening Ap error message there now. (Not sure if this had any effect, I received a text message while leveling Assassin. I did not respond to it . Just kept leveling)

I went to settings switched on airplane mode, started Ap got the server error message, closed ap, went back to settings and turned off airplane mode, and started Ap got into game collected shuttles and fused Assassin, closed Ap.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Strange on my iPhone 6s, I did not get the error message when I logged in. Usually I start with the error message and have to do the internet off on routine.

Well as I wrote this I was in the middle of doing arena battles and got the error message. Went to dailies and tried to claim 1/1 arena battle error message. Of course, this is indicating I am no longer communicating with the game server. Tried just a restart and got the Unknown error message (this is the error message I am getting) I will do the internet on off routine now. Back on. All I got left on dailies now is two more cadet missions. I will try doing ads with those to see what happens
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    On my iPad the unknown error was there at the beginning. I did internet on off routine, and was able to get on . Finished what I wanted to do with no error.
    I have not yet run any ads on any of my devices(accounts) today.

What I know, when the unknown error occurs in the game, the game has lost the connection to the internet even though I am still connected to the internet.

Most of time not all when I exit the Ap and restart the Ap the unknown error is still there and the game will just repeatedly display the unknown error message. Most of the time not all the time (so this still may just be a length of time thing) if I turn off wifi (airplane mode on for my iPhone 7+) and start the Ap get the server error message (I will usually click on it a few times getting multiple messages) and then exit out of Ap, turn on WiFi (turn off airplane mode go iPhone 7+) restart Ap I can now get in the Ap.

Also I can play my other games when I cannot get into STT because of unknown error. I can also get on Web pages through Safari. So my internet connection is there for everything else.

The error is seemingly permanent for cellular data. I tried keeping WiFi off and just doing cellular data. When I cannot get into the game at all because the unknown error message will not go away. I can still play other games.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the additional reports.
    I do not have anything to suggest at this time.

If others are experiencing something similar, please add your details here, including iOS version. Thank you!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Okay I just got on my iPad and I got one error message, I just assumed it was the unknown error but I did not read it, just clicked. Game loaded spun a couple DABO .chrecked on my voyage. will make the 8 hour dilemma, so waiting decided to Ad spin DABO. Unknown error after ad finished, but I can still do things I did the dilemma got the next transit reward and then returned my voyage. Done, so logged off. Set 20 minute alarm will collect daily Chron any try an ad after.

Okay more like 30 minutes was able to get in. Collected my daily Chron. did Ad. Got a zombie one with a little shooting but I did click and get the Ap store. When closed I got the unknown error. Click engage on cadet mission got unknown error clicked on starfleet got the unknown error
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    iPhone 6s got unknown error repeatedly.close Ap. I did my WiFi off on routine. Started Ap got on. Spun DABO once and then collected daily chron. did ad. This time while in ad I touched the screen a few times did not touch anything that would start something else just remained in ad. When Ad finished i got my chron reward. exited out. Will now set 20 minute timer for a cadet mission an ad.

iPhone 7+ got in game no error message.did voyage dilemma 2hr. Did one DABO spin. Collected daily achievement for voyage dilemma. Contributed to starbase room. Claimed daily Chron. did ad did the touching ad completed but unknown error so did not get reward. This error does not allow me into the starbase. Can enter but no data loads just get unknown error message. Cannot bring up cadet missions when I hit engage get unknown error. Obviously game cannot communicate with server now. Exited out. Run safari no problem loading the wiki.. started up township no problem it works. Will set 20 minute timer for cadet and ad.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no point reporting anything more for now. I will keep an eye out for ideas or tests here. If something different happens I will report. Thanks Shan
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I could not get a voyage off on my iPhone 6s(account). What happens is I cannot name voyage because the error happened even though I do not get the message in the voyage screen. Each time I failed, I would click on something that the error message would pop up on , and it did.

So I was forced to use my windows 7 and blue stack. To get my voyage off. It was a dog to get STT updated and my default account was my iPhone 7+(account). However, when I brought it up with iPhone 6s account bluestacks was running good as well as STT. Probably background tasks were finished. I did not run into the Unknown error but I did not expect too.
  • Options
    WrightWright ✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I’m still having the same issue, I can’t use a laptop/desktop as I don’t have regular access to one.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wright wrote: »
    I’m still having the same issue, I can’t use a laptop/desktop as I don’t have regular access to one.

Could you please provide more information, what device, what version of iOS.
    When did it start?
    Did something change prior to you noticing these errors?

Any details could help, thank you!
  • Options
    WrightWright ✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Could you please provide more information, what device, what version of iOS.
    When did it start?
    Did something change prior to you noticing these errors?

Any details could help, thank you!

It started on 14th May, it intermittently doesn’t let me access the game, but when it does it won’t let me do much at all - sometimes it lets me complete missions, others it doesn’t, then unknown error messages stopping me progressing.

IOS 14.5.1 on iPhone XR.

There’s nothing I can think of that changed, other than downloading updates to other apps on 14th, I’d downloaded 14.5.1 long before at the beginning of the month. It was working fine on 13th.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I think my original post was on the day I had the problem I think that was Thursday so May 13th. Though I could be wrong and it was the 14th. But I do think I am right that it was the 13th shame my lucky day😉

Doh! I was looking at page 2 wondering why it showed May 17th. Most certainly I posted the problem when it occurred on the 13th.

The problem first occurred on my phones. I had all my devices up with my accounts it was hours later that my iPad started having the same problem
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I went into the city and figure I would see if I could get on with cellular data. And I got on. I had a voyage I wanted to return but had AM still. So I thought I would wait a little before returning. So I was in the game not doing anything. Went to check on voyage, and it was not loading the info. Sure enough clicked on other things and got the unknown error. Exited ap Switched to airplane mode started Ap got server error, turned off airplane mode, had to do this a second time. Got in and returned the voyage.

But interesting at home on cellular, I could not get rid of the error, but now I can do it at home on cellular.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Okay I could not get a voyage started on my iPhone 7+. I wanted specific crew and ship, was trait matching.

My fastest device processor and loading the game is my iPhone 7+. Next my iPhone 6s.

So I decided to use my iPad with that account I do with my iPhone 7+.

I was not particularly fast on picking my crew and ship. I figured it was going to error out, however it did not. I got the voyage off. This was easier than going to my computer and using bluestacks.

But still it seemed like if I am not doing anything on the game the error will come up after some period of time without activity. But this implies this inactivity is due to some processing period and a not a time based timer.

I forgot to mention in the voyage screen it is considered inactive even though I am clicking and doing things. Otherwise, I would be able to get a voyage off on any of my devices.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Gosh, I need to check on some else's internet. I will try using my nephews internet tomorrow. I have att Uverse and he has Comcast
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    I think I know why I do not have much success with trying to use my iPhone 7+ as a hot point for my other devices. It takes a while to load much longer than the wifi. This may mean the inactive time occurs while loading. So I do not even make it into the game.

Nope I got in on my iPad. Not sure now, but I think before today I could not get on with my iPhone 7+ as a hot point.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Okay error occurred with Comcast too. At first I was playing on my iPhone 6s thought the error was not going to occur. Decided to set it aside, in use my iPhone 7+. Initially I got the error , but did the airplane on off routine and got on. Ran a cadet mission got the zombie ad after ad got unknown error and it definitely was not connected to the server anymore tried doing other things and got the unknown error message. Exited out and tried to start STT again I got the unknown error message. It would not let me back on. (All I checked that the error would keep me from getting on. I am sure I could have gotten back on with the routine) I picked up my iPhone 6s and was getting the unknown error message.

When I first started today on my iPad, I did everything I wanted to do and ran an ad after cadet mission got the 2x reward. I decided to see if I waited a period of time while in the game would I be able to cause the error to happen. I tried waiting about 4 minutes not doing anything on the game but did get the error. All through out this my iPad seems to be the easiest one to get by the error or not get the error as quickly.

My hope here as the error will go away with the next update. I my opinion, it is the code for bringing up ads or initial settings for ads that is the problem. It may be the code that interfaces to the ads or maybe the ad provider code that may be the problem, but that is my opinion. I have gotten the error without ever running ads that is why I think it could be in initialization code for ads.

Just to mention when the ad wall was first introduced that was when the game would occasionally crash. When I restarted the Ap no problem. However, I feel the code has never been removed from the iOS version of the client. So in my opinion that is where I would be looking.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    So far today no problems. I still have not been on my iPad. But, I sent off a voyage on my iPhone 6s something that usually will bring up the error.

Okay no problem on my iPad. Also I ran ads on all three devices(accounts) collected reward on all three. This only happened before the Unknown error started.

I am of the opinion the problem is gone for me now.

I got interrupted with a phone call. But restarted Ap. I had no problems. I really think if the problem was still there , I would have gotten the unknown error message.

@Wright
    How is it for you?
  • Options
    WrightWright ✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    So far today no problems. I still have not been on my iPad. But, I sent off a voyage on my iPhone 6s something that usually will bring up the error.

Okay no problem on my iPad. Also I ran ads on all three devices(accounts) collected reward on all three. This only happened before the Unknown error started.

I got interrupted with a phone call. But restarted Ap. I had no problems. I really think if the problem was still there , I would have gotten the unknown error message.

@Wright
    How is it for you?

Same, today I’ve been able to complete all daily missions and have had no unknown error message at all. Fingers crossed…
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

@Wright
    How is it for you?

Same, today I’ve been able to complete all daily missions and have had no unknown error message at all. Fingers crossed…

Fingers crossed here too. But does look good👍