Home The Bridge
Options

Celestial Market Overview Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanna sell 10 "human" polestars for a total price of 100 frisbees/interstellar matter.

This made me smile. Totally going to steal “frisbees”, too. :wink:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I'm so unbelievably excited, I'm immediately going to buy what I need to retrieve my favourite card eee
  • Options
    bennybenny ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Can't wait.
  • Options
    How long until someone decides to try to collect the most Federation/Human/Starfleet polestars by buying all of them for 801 ISM?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just stumbled across what could be considered a rather rare and valuable polestar... Tal Shiar! There are currently only 3 crew in the portal with that trait: Senator Vreenak, Commodore Oh, and Rakal Troi. I am curious to see how the market unfolds...
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I just got the Xindi polestar. Combines with Desperate polestar to give Xindi Insectiod Councilor. I have 10 days before I can retrieve it. I wonder if it's value goes down once the portal update comes out and the Aquatic makes it 2 hits instead?

On the flip side, I have a Breen one which will be great with Bajoran once Breen Kira is added.
  • Options
    Ein QEin Q ✭✭
    The swap exchange is great, but for how long? The real crap are the 5,000,000 credits. In my opinion that is way too high. The market will collapse after a short while when players realize how long it takes to collect 5,000,000 credits. But there is still the purchase option. 10 € for 5,000,000 credits, why not offer all characters for sale right away? Because everything is already running out on buying.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The swap exchange is great, but for how long? The real crap are the 5,000,000 credits. In my opinion that is way too high. The market will collapse after a short while when players realize how long it takes to collect 5,000,000 credits. But there is still the purchase option. 10 € for 5,000,000 credits, why not offer all characters for sale right away? Because everything is already running out on buying.

I earn more than 5m credits in the 19 days it takes to earn the ISM. And I'm happy the Celestial Market will let me target a crew I want.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I earn more than 5m credits in the 19 days it takes to earn the ISM Quantum. And I'm happy the Celestial Market will let me target a crew I want.

Fixed that for you. :wink:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear you. It is way too high especially for players who have to use the replicator and level up crew. The quantum is too high for super rares as well. I asked WRG Ben about it since these prices I know are preventing me and others from speeding up the quantum with dilithium but he unfortunately said they will not be changing the prices.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ein QEin Q ✭✭

How do you earn 5,000,000 credits in 19 days without spending real money ???
    The answer is: not at all!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never spent money for credits. Credits come easily. I have 40 million. The only use is if you are power-leveling a bunch of crew and using the replicator with abandon. I realize that different play styles lend to different issues. I realize that credits are a real thing for some players. I don't know how, but I know it is true. So if you have credit issues, I suggest replacing far less and carefully timing your cadet missions on Saturday for ad-doubles.
  • Options

By using a supply kit and spending chrons during galaxy and skirmish events and limiting the amount of replicator of gold items and only doing limited leveling up of crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I earned nearly that much during the last skirmish. It's not that hard to do if you are an active player...
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get roughly 1.5M credits every Saturday using ad boosts. Plus whatever you get from farming items. And that's before you consider skirmishes, which can earn you millions if you do it right. Credits simply aren't a limiting factor if you're playing smart.
  • Options

I earned nearly that much during the last skirmish. It's not that hard to do if you are an active player...

I believe the less far your voyages go the harder it is to get chrons which can be used on events and get you credits.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    You can get roughly 1.5M credits every Saturday using ad boosts.

(ca.) 78.000 x 2 (ad double) x 6 is roughly 900.000
    Not 1.5 M
    To be fair
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021

Not 1.5 M
    To be fair
    Plus the additional boosts every 4 hours, that's another 78K each. 4 of those takes the total up to almost 1.25M, I normally manage 5 which takes it to over 1.3M. So yes, 1.5M was an overstatement, but not by as much as you're saying.

But I'm a hopeless insomniac, which helps a lot.
  • Options
    Really depends on how many crew people have to lvl up.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it? Or is it more a matter of how they level up? If you do it once a week with a supply kit, or even more ideally, during a skirmish, you can keep credit expenditures down. If you can minimize replications or target lower rarity items to replicate, that also helps.

Personally, (when I can remember) I buy 50 Quantum daily. I do a retrieval every 10-11 days, I think. Normally, I end up with a few more credits than I had after the previous retrieval. I don't think I buy credits with money. I never do intentionally, but I can't promise there's no credits in any deal I buy. Can't remember credits coming in any deal I've bought because I just never need them.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it? Or is it more a matter of how they level up? If you do it once a week with a supply kit, or even more ideally, during a skirmish, you can keep credit expenditures down. If you can minimize replications or target lower rarity items to replicate, that also helps.

Personally, (when I can remember) I buy 50 Quantum daily. I do a retrieval every 10-11 days, I think. Normally, I end up with a few more credits than I had after the previous retrieval. I don't think I buy credits with money. I never do intentionally, but I can't promise there's no credits in any deal I buy. Can't remember credits coming in any deal I've bought because I just never need them.

Leveling crew and farming items for that crew are separate things. The credit cost to level the crew is the same regardless of when you level them. And supply kits don't change that cost. All a supply kit does is let you earn some extra credits when you farm items.

If leveling a crew costs X credits and you can earn Y credits in a skirmish event. Then after the event guy have Y-X credits regardless of if you leveled the crew during the event or 3 days before it starts.

The total number of crew you level and the number of items you replicate impacts your credit cost.

The number of chrons you spend and if you spend them with a supply kit impact how many credits you earn.

But those two things are completely independent.
  • Options
    Ein QEin Q ✭✭
    So for the record, I can choose between leveling up my crew or buying more crew, which I cannot level up because the credits are missing. Really great. So I leave this nonsense and continue to play as if the market in connection with the salvage had never existed.
  • Options
    Ein QEin Q ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Oh yes, and to everyone else who tries to make me believe that they are drowning in credits, the 5,000,000 credits pack is not offered for sale for nothing. It's just another way to make money when your hands are shaking at 900 ;)
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »

Leveling crew and farming items for that crew are separate things. The credit cost to level the crew is the same regardless of when you level them. And supply kits don't change that cost. All a supply kit does is let you earn some extra credits when you farm items.

If leveling a crew costs X credits and you can earn Y credits in a skirmish event. Then after the event guy have Y-X credits regardless of if you leveled the crew during the event or 3 days before it starts.

The total number of crew you level and the number of items you replicate impacts your credit cost.

The number of chrons you spend and if you spend them with a supply kit impact how many credits you earn.

But those two things are completely independent.

If we're talking about a new player, I was assuming they would be farming the items as they level the crew. Newer players don't have the stockpiles of items that you and I may have. They tend to run the mission as they need the item. I don't think you and I were talking about the same thing.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭

Not 1.5 M
    To be fair
    Plus the additional boosts every 4 hours, that's another 78K each. 4 of those takes the total up to almost 1.25M, I normally manage 5 which takes it to over 1.3M. So yes, 1.5M was an overstatement, but not by as much as you're saying.

But I'm a hopeless insomniac, which helps a lot.

OK, cool. You're right of course, but you have to admit that it's pretty hard to come away with the maximum. "hopeless insomniac" lol
  • Options

Level 70 and I haven't had enough credits to do a single retrieval yet other than the gifted retrieval. Maybe its play style but I'm always spending mine for leveling up and replicating. I guess that's my play style though as I don't really feel like I'm missing out by not retrieving constantly.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Level 60 and I use crew retrieval every 18-19 days. Credits are not difficult for me, even with replicating. Saturday, skirmish and galaxy events are the days my credits go up.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I earn about 3 million credits in the quantum regen time. At this rate I will run out in about 7 years.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    So for the record, I can choose between leveling up my crew or buying more crew, which I cannot level up because the credits are missing. Really great. So I leave this nonsense and continue to play as if the market in connection with the salvage had never existed.

I remember feeling this way for my first couple years of playing, as I worked through all the 1-4* crew. Once you reach the critical mass point and only have event crew and a few 5* crew left unlevelled, and also can always hit 8 or 10 hour voyages, you should find that the chrons and credits will both start building very quickly.

Running extra missions during galaxy/skirmish events, with a supply kit active, can help you stockpile commonly used 3* and 4* equipment, while also providing tons of credits. A methodical and efficient approach will help you simultaneously build your inventory of various in-game resources, especially when you are done with the power levelling of crew.
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    How often does the ad doubler regenerate on cadet missions? I’ve been farming more like 500k on Saturdays so clearly missing out!