Home The Bridge
Options

Celestial Market Overview Discussion Thread

124»

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is live now :)
    I will unstick this thread and create a new one for feedback.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    Looks very good.
    Curious what they'll work on now.

Hopefully a portal update. It can’t be that time consuming to change some flags to make the players available in the player pool.

• Options
    Bought several Ba'Ul Polestars for a high price, can't remember really how much ISM or how many I have bought, I got my ISM discounted and I have no Ba'ul Polestars in stock.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Is ISM going to be used for anything else? I just sold a bunch of surplus polestars, my reserve is over 400,000 ISM and I don’t particularly feel like spending it on repeated scans.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought several Ba'Ul Polestars for a high price, can't remember really how much ISM or how many I have bought, I got my ISM discounted and I have no Ba'ul Polestars in stock.

This would be better in Engineering or in the other thread about the Celestial Market.
    In game, you can look up your recent transactions in My Transactions - Transaction History.

Should you need to submit a ticket for this, please be precise as to what exact polestars you are inquiring about. Thank you!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »
    Is ISM going to be used for anything else? I just sold a bunch of surplus polestars, my reserve is over 400,000 ISM and I don’t particularly feel like spending it on repeated scans.

I'm with you. I decided to check it out & made about 200k ISM without really trying, but now don't know what to do with it, because I don't use crew retrieval... and you can't spend this anywhere else, so I guess I keep buying, selling and catching polestars I don't have any use for, to waste time in between shuttles and dilemmas? Hmmm...
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's fun. It means I can target crew vs have 1 month when I go with whoever is available. Don't know how much I need it going forward though but new ideas are cool.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Shan wrote: »

This would be better in Engineering or in the other thread about the Celestial Market.
    In game, you can look up your recent transactions in My Transactions - Transaction History.

Should you need to submit a ticket for this, please be precise as to what exact polestars you are inquiring about. Thank you!

Realized about it after I wrote and today I sent a ticket because of this and other problem. Thanks.
  • Options

I'm with you. I decided to check it out & made about 200k ISM without really trying, but now don't know what to do with it, because I don't use crew retrieval... and you can't spend this anywhere else, so I guess I keep buying, selling and catching polestars I don't have any use for, to waste time in between shuttles and dilemmas? Hmmm...

Curious: Why won't you use crew retrieval? I can understand not buying dilithium to use it extra, but even if you pull a random crew every 18 days, you can ditch it for free honor. I ask this not to attack, but to understand. Some people here boycott one aspect or another of the game. I can respect different reasons, even if I disagree, but I like to know the reasons.

Because there are not enough crew left in the portal (for me) to justify the cost of randomness. I have 754 unique immortalized crew. I have all the purples in the portal, and all but 2 of the newer ones that aren't, so retrieving a purple would be a guaranteed duplicate, and the conversion of minimum 750,000 credits plus use of quantum to give me 200 honor is definitely not a good trade.

I am missing about 90 or so golds, but only a bare handful that I really want. Again, 1.2 Mil credits minimum up to 4.5 Mil to possibly get a duplicate for 550 honor = really bad idea. So far the best possibility I have come up with for retrieval for a gold that I want was about 22%, and that was with 4 polestars, and generally just to add a star, not for a new crew. There is just not enough unique traits I can choose to get the crew I need.

I would rather spend 45K honor a bunch of times in the honor hall fishing for golds, or lots of Dils in the main portal than use crew retrieval. Much higher percentage returns for me at this point, albeit with higher percentage rate of randomness, I will agree.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am missing about 90 or so golds, but only a bare handful that I really want. Again, 1.2 Mil credits minimum up to 4.5 Mil to possibly get a duplicate for 550 honor = really bad idea. So far the best possibility I have come up with for retrieval for a gold that I want was about 22%, and that was with 4 polestars, and generally just to add a star, not for a new crew. There is just not enough unique traits I can choose to get the crew I need.

That’s kind of the point of the market though, no? Get the polestars you need to get to 100% on a crew. There are very few crew where you can’t isolate them down. I have 772 immortalized crew and there are a couple dozen crew I can add stars to. Are you only looking at it for new crew vs fuses?
  • Options

That’s kind of the point of the market though, no? Get the polestars you need to get to 100% on a crew. There are very few crew where you can’t isolate them down. I have 772 immortalized crew and there are a couple dozen crew I can add stars to. Are you only looking at it for new crew vs fuses?

So, i guess you skimmed over the part I said the BEST I could get for retrieval was 22%? That's because all the crew I need, both to add stars or for new crew (with maybe a couple exceptions, but those are crew I don't particularly care about) are too generic in their traits & skills to scale the retrieval down below a 5:1 attempt. (Which is really bad if the 5:1 is actually a field of about 75, and I have 40 of them immortalized, so the actual math is much worse with RNG.)

Not to mention that MUST include a 5* rarity polestar, which I have been only lucky enough to acquire 1 so far, and I used it on the one and only time I did a Crew Retrieval for a 50/50 chance of Mobile Doctor to fuse with my Indignant Seven. (It worked BTW). All the percentages I mention above are WITHOUT the 5* rarity polestar (Which are going for about 35K ISM – again, not worth it IMHO)

Does that make it more clear why the prospect is just not even worth trying for me? If I had perhaps unlimited resources I could just go wild with it, but as it stands –  the way it is designed, I would rather just not deal with it. And Again, I have had particularly good luck with the Portal and Honor hall, so that sates my gaming appetite for golds as it stands for now.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

So, i guess you skimmed over the part I said the BEST I could get for retrieval was 22%? That's because all the crew I need, both to add stars or for new crew (with maybe a couple exceptions, but those are crew I don't particularly care about) are too generic in their traits & skills to scale the retrieval down below a 5:1 attempt. (Which is really bad if the 5:1 is actually a field of about 75, and I have 40 of them immortalized, so the actual math is much worse with RNG.)

Not to mention that MUST include a 5* rarity polestar, which I have been only lucky enough to acquire 1 so far, and I used it on the one and only time I did a Crew Retrieval for a 50/50 chance of Mobile Doctor to fuse with my Indignant Seven. (It worked BTW). All the percentages I mention above are WITHOUT the 5* rarity polestar (Which are going for about 35K ISM – again, not worth it IMHO)

Does that make it more clear why the prospect is just not even worth trying for me? If I had perhaps unlimited resources I could just go wild with it, but as it stands –  the way it is designed, I would rather just not deal with it. And Again, I have had particularly good luck with the Portal and Honor hall, so that sates my gaming appetite for golds as it stands for now.

I must be dumber than I thought because I still don’t really understand why you don’t use it, even if it only to add stars to cards you want to freeze for crew space. I currently only have one target that’s in the portal and I’m in no rush to get it as I have limited space at the moment. Currently I’m adding stars to Mirror Kira and Mirror Worf as they both add to 3 skill building collections. When complete they will be getting very frosty. All it is costing me is the credits which I have ample of.

I don’t expect you to respond, you are probably sick of explaining your position, just wanted to highlight how I look at it.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    I think it’s harder to get a pull that’s useful given the combinations. I’d like to make a Cheesecake 7 but lack the Doctor. If I input his traits, I’ve a 50-50 chance of spawning the Virtuoso Doctor rather than the mobile doctor. Wasting 5 million credits for 550 honor would just **tsk tsk**.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Taking a quick glance at the top 5* available through retrieval and most have 100% guaranteed options. Have you checked datacore for retrieval options? It's hard to tell if you have so many FF crew that there are no options left, or if you just haven't found the unique combinations that exist.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve sold several just to try it. I put reasonable prices and sold them all quickly. I bought the polestars I needed for Braxton and Troi in tights the two crew I’ve wanted for a while. I only had enough credits and quantum to get one of them, but just before i pulled the trigger I used the community portal pull from the event and got Braxton to drop. I then got Troi in tights from the market. Celestial market is an awesome addition!
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing worth considering is that a portal update my alter your chances of a 100% isolation of a desired card. As an example, I have Control Leland as a target and can get him as the only option with polestars I currently have. If I wait until after the portal update to retrieve him, I then only have a 50% chance of getting him as Klingon West is isolated by the same polestars. I have Klingon West immortalised so that situation I will avoid by moving Leland to the front of my retrieval queue.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing worth considering is that a portal update my alter your chances of a 100% isolation of a desired card. As an example, I have Control Leland as a target and can get him as the only option with polestars I currently have. If I wait until after the portal update to retrieve him, I then only have a 50% chance of getting him as Klingon West is isolated by the same polestars. I have Klingon West immortalised so that situation I will avoid by moving Leland to the front of my retrieval queue.

It depends on the cutoff date. I would guess Klingon West will not be included in this update.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭

It's a good point that I'm unsure whether people are overlooking or not. There are a couple of retrievals I am planning that suffer this fate (though Xindi Insectiod should be okay for this next update) so I am prioritising those.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s harder to get a pull that’s useful given the combinations. I’d like to make a Cheesecake 7 but lack the Doctor. If I input his traits, I’ve a 50-50 chance of spawning the Virtuoso Doctor rather than the mobile doctor. Wasting 5 million credits for 550 honor would just **tsk tsk**.

Do you have Virtuoso already immortalized? He will get event work and got two collections. I am in the same boat on this and thinking of trying at some point with the idea I can work on both so whichever lands is a win. With the 50/50 though and one much better than the other it is hard to want to do it when there are so many other better cards I can pull.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

I’m so confused. You don’t need a legendary rarity polestar in order to get a specific legendary card. You just have to know how to mix the polestars together to get exactly what you want.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Do you have Virtuoso already immortalized?

I do, yeah. And agreed, he’s a good character, except for his mediocre skirmish stats. For me and the crew retrieval feature, I want to try and level up my existing legendary characters than start on new ones, especially those who feature in collections for bonus. I know that’s a self-imposed limitation but I have to work within the confines of what is in the art of the possible. Especially with available (limited) crew slots.

Turning a level 1 4* indignant seven into a level 1 indulgent seven won’t use up a slot in the crew manifest list; bonus.
  • Options
    You will be better off if you make your level 1 Indignant 7 into a level 99 Indignant 7. Then you can make her into a level 99 Indulgant 7. You'll save a bunch of items and chrons leveling the purple 7 over levelling the gold 7.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are buying Human polestars for 789 and 799 ISM... I get that you can make a profit, but the margin is so small AND you have to go through dematerializing one at the time... Is 99 ISM worth it if you invest 79k ISM and the time to dematerilize 99 polestars? I get it if the spread of byuing/selling is higher, but this...