Balok!!!!!! {NEW GAUNTLET CREW}

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2021 in The Bridge
New Gauntlet Crew on Tuesday July 13th.

But, will we get young Clint Howard?

gwaugn7k7mgv.jpg

Or the puppet?

41gunarv8ii8.jpg

Also, a new Android collection and DYC {for a period} will give Equipment to 80 and a Legendary Citation.

6ridt25myif9.jpg

ANNOUNCEMENT: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18327/double-your-crew-offer-temporary-change-new-gauntlet-crew-and-more#latest

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?

Comments

• Options
    [S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
    still waiting for my first red angel to drop. i understand it's already time for a new gauntlet crew, but this is so fruszrating.
  • Options
    [S47] ELiL wrote: »
    still waiting for my first red angel to drop. i understand it's already time for a new gauntlet crew, but this is so fruszrating.

Hopefully she'll drop for you during the changeover. I got my first Caretaker {IIRC} when she was added. He dropped that first week of Gauntlet.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    michlangmichlang ✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I have been playing this game since basically when it came out...regularly playing the gauntlet, I have exactly:
    • One copy of red angel
    • One copy of Guinan
    • Two star Locutus
    • FF Caretaker
    • FF Armus

Both Caretaker and Armus I ended up using cites to top off.

With an all consuming passion I hate the drop rates of the Gauntlet -- it's hard to know if it is the most frustrating part of the game or the massive collection of one star legendaries I have.
  • Options
    michlang wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since basically when it came out...regularly playing the gauntlet, I have exactly:
    • One copy of red angel
    • One copy of Guinan
    • Two star Locutus
    • FF Caretaker
    • FF Armus

Both Caretaker and Armus I ended up using cites to top off.

With an all consuming passion I hate the drop rates of the Gauntlet -- it's hard to know if it is the most frustrating part of the game or the massive collection of one star legendaries I have.

Yeah. The drop rates are so weird. Long streaks of nothing, then sometimes people hit three or four in a week.
  • Options
    Disclaimer: This isn’t meant to be bragging, just sharing my gauntlet luck!

Having played since January 2017 which is also around when the gauntlet first came out, and not having spent a single cite on any of them I have…

One Locutus 4/5 (one of the copies of from the 20k rounds achievement)
    Two Guinans (one immo, one 1/5)
    One Caretaker 3/5
    Two Armuses (both immo)
    Two Red Angels (one immo, one 4/5)

It’s all luck 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    I wish I kept notes of the round # each time I got a gauntlet character. I’ve also had them fall in streaks, have a long dry spell then streaky again. Right now I have 2 each of Locutus, Caretaker and Red Angel, and 3 of Armus. No Guinan yet. I’m hoping for a Balok when he’s available. If we get the puppet can we get a sound byte with how much time we have, 😂?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    So disappointed with this. I hate Gauntlet. Used Cites on the Gauntlet crew to stop playing it. Now I have to play again and use the cites from the sale.

At this point I feel like a heroin user who is only playing out of habit.

Please developers - less crew, more to do! It was your own Product Owner Erin who told us this was not a card collecting game. Yeah right.
  • Options
    So disappointed with this. I hate Gauntlet. Used Cites on the Gauntlet crew to stop playing it. Now I have to play again and use the cites from the sale.

Please developers - less crew, more to do! It was your own Product Owner Erin who told us this was not a card collecting game. Yeah right.

I’m sorry you’re disappointed, but a lot of us are happy with this! Armus was around way to long and TP/WRG admitted that. Now they’re proving they weren’t just all talk by actually making a change. It just happens to be in the form of a new gauntlet crew. 🖖

Captain Level 99

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I love Gauntlet, getting each day some useful stuff. Chrons are my fav.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

That comment from Erin was years ago. After multiple re-orgs and an entirely new corporate ownership. Is Erin even still with the company? What Erin said years ago has no bearing on the company's priorities today. But even when Erin was around, they were adding new gauntlet crew. So why would that change? Plenty of us like gauntlet. And the more good gauntlet crew they add, the less likely we are to see a wall of a single crew. Gauntlet is one of the few things we have to do with our crew during the week.
  • Options

Having played since January 2017 which is also around when the gauntlet first came out, and not having spent a single cite on any of them I have…

One Caretaker 3/5
    Two Armuses (both immo)

It’s all luck 🖖

The gauntlet is always there to remind me about the luck of the game! Glad you've had more success!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    michlang wrote: »

One Caretaker 3/5
    Two Armuses (both immo)

It’s all luck 🖖

The gauntlet is always there to remind me about the luck of the game! Glad you've had more success!

Thank you, hope your success rate goes up! :smile:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Still hoping to get my 5th copy of Red Angel before Balok gets added. It's already tough as it is to acquire the other 4 gauntleteers.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »

That comment from Erin was years ago. After multiple re-orgs and an entirely new corporate ownership. Is Erin even still with the company? What Erin said years ago has no bearing on the company's priorities today. But even when Erin was around, they were adding new gauntlet crew. So why would that change? Plenty of us like gauntlet. And the more good gauntlet crew they add, the less likely we are to see a wall of a single crew. Gauntlet is one of the few things we have to do with our crew during the week.

I have not been made aware of any internal HR reshuffles, nor should I expect to be. Perhaps the Timelines Talks team would know? I am merely repeating what we were told by an employee at a point in the past, her comment was why I continued to play.

Yes, plenty of you like Gauntlet, plenty of us don't. IDIC. Lots of us would like to have more to do with the cards we have rather than collect more to put in storage and gather dust. Not to mention the exponential honour debt. There are myriad threads on here about that so I know I'm not a lone voice.

LLAP 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    7q2e5ybjzkbf.jpeg

I wanted the cube. Hope we get it soon.

Honest question: What skills would you give Rubix?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    7q2e5ybjzkbf.jpeg

I wanted the cube. Hope we get it soon.

Honest question: What skills would you give Rubix?

Only needs one:

n7f147ct8hjd.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet mates get frustrated when I let them know I got my 17th Caretaker or 20th Red Angel, etc. Yes, the drops seem to come in surges, as I got my First Locutus finished after 3 years of trying, then leveled up a complete 2nd copy of him about 2 months later.

I look forward to see how long it takes me to get Balok 5 times.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet mates get frustrated when I let them know I got my 17th Caretaker or 20th Red Angel, etc. Yes, the drops seem to come in surges, as I got my First Locutus finished after 3 years of trying, then leveled up a complete 2nd copy of him about 2 months later.

I look forward to see how long it takes me to get Balok 5 times.

That’s how luck goes. Some have great and some have poor. I am curious if you use dilithium to keep streaks going longer to boost your chances or start gauntlets right when they start to get more rounds in?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    ^ i wonder that too. i got 4 angels so far and i dont spend dil in the gaunt. i got the most recent one as a reward for winning a match up, not in a loot crate.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t use Dil in gauntlet. I usually start a new one either at day reset (currently midnight for me) or when I get up in the morning. So either 6 or 12 hours into the cycle. I play every day, going for streaks as often as possible. I finish in the top 10 more often that not - but that’s partly because I’ve very deliberately acquired gauntlet-viable cards from behold choices and then make aggressive runs to the top when my streaks are broken.

I have gotten 8 Red Angels, 22 Armus, 11 Caretaker, 12 Guinan, and 8 Locutus (though my most recent Locutus was #11 since I also got a few from the 20k achievement and packs). I’ve dup’ed all of them, but I airlock #11+.

Am I lucky? Probably yes. But I have also created the opportunity for luck to find me with my crew choices and playing style. YMMV. 🖖
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use Dils in gauntlet.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one Guinan and one Caretaker. I basically average one a year! I need to play more honestly.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    2x immo Armus
    1x immo Locutus, 1x 2/5 Locutus
    1 X immo Guinan
    1 X red angel
    1x 3/5 caretaker
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worse stats than Red Angel.
    zx4ien2ope67.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    im a little disappointed by his stats :(
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    But better than Armus. And he still is a good gauntlet crew. Especially for people who haven't bought Kahless. Not everyone can be a superstar, but I'll be happy to add him to my crew.
  • Options
    starfoxstarfox ✭✭✭
    oh me too. ive been hoping for balok since i started playing. has anyone gotten him yet ? i spent a good amount of dil and merits today hoping hed show up as a reward after individual match ups. no luck there. hope he drops when the gauntlet is over
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to a streak of 105 and nothing yet. Haven't seen him around either.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 Guinan, 1 Armus. Thats it.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!