Home The Bridge
Options

Balok!!!!!! {NEW GAUNTLET CREW}

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they said he doesn't drop until you start a new Gauntlet after the Update? Did I read that somewhere?

Shan?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they said he doesn't drop until you start a new Gauntlet after the Update? Did I read that somewhere?

Shan?

“ There will be no interruption in Gauntlets prior to this change, the loot tables will be updated with our weekly server release.

“ Please note that:
    - unclaimed gauntlet rewards will take into account the new loot tables as soon as the server release goes live.”

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18327/double-your-crew-offer-temporary-change-new-gauntlet-crew-and-more
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I love the art. It’s perfect. Been waiting for him for a long time. I haven’t played the gauntlet in so long though that I kinda have to remember how to do it haha
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done to @SoupKitchen Riker

w05he48zx22a.jpg
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I won a copy already, so it is definitely live.

Has it been maxed yet, @Bylo Band ?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I won a copy already, so it is definitely live.

Has it been maxed yet, @Bylo Band ?

100%
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. FTM is [TLA] Nulx
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see it's dropping. Starting to think everyone was crazy
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Well done to @SoupKitchen Riker

w05he48zx22a.jpg

Thanks. Lucked out on a streak of 24. The base stats are meh, but the ranges are nice.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw two today. Our Gauntlet cycle he is 65% this time.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Locutus - 3/5 - 1* from achievement.

- Guinan - immortal - frozen - lost count of the additional compies I've airlocked.

- The Caretaker - immortal - frozen - lost count of the additional compies I've airlocked.

- Armus - immortal - frozen - lost count of the additional compies I've airlocked, but by far my most airlocked Gauntlet crew.

- Red Angel - 2/5.

- Balok - none yet, none seen yet either.

--> my set-up is Locutus, Red Angel and a selection of proficiency-heavy crew I've not immortalised yet (G7, Kes, Phlox, Boothby, #1, AT Burnham, Spock, Kirk etc.), currently in 5th with a lazy approach and my rag-tag bunch, so it works ... hate the Guantlet but give it a (lazy) go in the hope to get additional *s on crew, who I'll freeze as soon as they are immortalised. That's how much I hate it. :)
  • Options
    michlang wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since basically when it came out...regularly playing the gauntlet, I have exactly:
    • One copy of red angel
    • One copy of Guinan
    • Two star Locutus
    • FF Caretaker
    • FF Armus

Both Caretaker and Armus I ended up using cites to top off.

With an all consuming passion I hate the drop rates of the Gauntlet -- it's hard to know if it is the most frustrating part of the game or the massive collection of one star legendaries I have.

I'm with you, I've been playing STT since the beginning, and participating in Gauntlet almost daily since it was introduced. I have
    3 star Locutus (with a cite and an achievement)
    3 star Caretaker (with at least one cite)
    FF Guinan
    FF Armus
    3 star Red Angel (with a cite or an offer, can't remember)

I didn't get my first copy of Locutus until Guinan was the featured reward. I had no trouble getting Guinan and Armus FF when they were featured, but since Red Angel debuted I've had little luck. Only two cards for her, and no cards for the older characters. There's no logic that I can find, which is very frustrating. I wouldn't care about fusing any of them if they weren't needed for collections.

Gauntlet is the most frustrating part of the game, and really the only part that I don't enjoy.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    FF_Founder wrote: »
    Gauntlet is the most frustrating part of the game, and really the only part that I don't enjoy.

The Gauntlet can be frustrating but the past few months after getting Red Angel immortalized I’ve been doing tonnes of YOLO fights for merits. It’s always a delight to win a mirror match with one or more fatigue levels. Or winning other lopsided match ups because you wanted to reset the board without spending merits.

Now that Balok is here I’ll probably have to start “trying” again. And it will be frustrating not getting Balok as fast as I like. At least he’s weaker than Red Angel and it won’t feel as dire not to have him.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

The Gauntlet can be frustrating but the past few months after getting Red Angel immortalized I’ve been doing tonnes of YOLO fights for merits. It’s always a delight to win a mirror match with one or more fatigue levels. Or winning other lopsided match ups because you wanted to reset the board without spending merits.

Now that Balok is here I’ll probably have to start “trying” again. And it will be frustrating not getting Balok as fast as I like. At least he’s weaker than Red Angel and it won’t feel as dire not to have him.

The more crew they add to the Gauntlet lineup the harder they will be to get. People who previously got dozens of iterations of Armus/Locutus will get significantly less in future appearances. IIRC when we spoke to Ben on TT he said they were looking at another way of obtaining these crew, and I think they will have to do something or limit the available pool somehow, despite the higher/lower pools for getting new crew over the old gauntleteers.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

The more crew they add to the Gauntlet lineup the harder they will be to get. People who previously got dozens of iterations of Armus/Locutus will get significantly less in future appearances. IIRC when we spoke to Ben on TT he said they were looking at another way of obtaining these crew, and I think they will have to do something or limit the available pool somehow, despite the higher/lower pools for getting new crew over the old gauntleteers.

I'd love to see a behold for the 5* and get a choice of which crew I want. If we look at what they did to address portal dilution by making all 4*/5* beholds in a normal portal, it would be a similar approach.

The other part I'm looking forward to with more gauntlet crew, the more crew available with diverse skills, the less likely walls will be because people will have to pick which gauntlet crew to include in their gauntlet.
  • Options
    Omg!! So annoyed right now. Just got Armus from gauntlet….why not Balok? Plus I don’t need a third copy as my first two are immo all from drops no cites. Sighs!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Finally saw Balok in the Gauntlet. I decided to best him, and as a reward got a copy of him a couple of rounds later. :smile:

On a streak? How long?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally saw Balok in the Gauntlet. I decided to best him, and as a reward got a copy of him a couple of rounds later. :smile:

On a streak? How long?

A mere 9 rounds got him for me.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Omg!! So annoyed right now. Just got Armus from gauntlet….why not Balok? Plus I don’t need a third copy as my first two are immo all from drops no cites. Sighs!

We finally need a gauntled behold. Always containing the actual featured legendary and 2 old random gaunt legendaries. Issue solved.

I'd settle for all old gauntlet in the behold pool for secondary reward.

So if you win the new crew the new crew drops directly.
    If you win the secondary crew, you get a behold featuring a random 3 selections from the old gauntlet crew.

Works as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

We finally need a gauntled behold. Always containing the actual featured legendary and 2 old random gaunt legendaries. Issue solved.

🙏
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Got Balok on a 9-streak reward. As a relatively new player (just over a year) I have 2/5 Red Angel, and 1/5 Caretaker and Armus. An old crew behold would ideal for me, as I would quite like a Locutus for the Arena ability. I'll eventually cite them up, but given 1/5 is enough for gauntlet, I'm in no rush to compete them.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Got Balok on a 9-streak reward. As a relatively new player (just over a year) I have 2/5 Red Angel, and 1/5 Caretaker and Armus. An old crew behold would ideal for me, as I would quite like a Locutus for the Arena ability. I'll eventually cite them up, but given 1/5 is enough for gauntlet, I'm in no rush to compete them.

Don't cite them up. If you play regularly they will all eventually drop. I've been able to dupe most gauntlet crew just from gauntlet drops. Save your cites for crew that are harder to get.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't cite them up. If you play regularly they will all eventually drop. I've been able to dupe most gauntlet crew just from gauntlet drops. Save your cites for crew that are harder to get.

Well my luck couldn't agree less. In over four years of playing I received Locuti in great amount of 0, and one Guinan. So I cited them

In total
    Locutus = 0, got 1 from achievement and cited him
    Guinan = 1/5
    Armus = 4/5 (all in very first week of introducton, immo with citation)
    Caretaker = 3/5 (immo with citation)
    Red Angel = 0
    Balok = 0

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locutus is the only one I cited up - I think I found him once in Gauntlet, plus the achievement.

Otherwise, I have three immortalized Armuseses, am working on my second Caretaker and Guinan, and am sitting at 2/5 for Red Angel (probably only because I dramatically cut down on playing in general, and outright stopped touching Gauntlet for months).
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »

Sorry, I meant fuse them (as I get extra copies). I doubt I'd need to cite them, as they're always in regular use due to the gauntlet, and 1-5/5 has the same effectiveness there.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An excellent choice, haven't gotten him yet, but to solve some of the issues here - what would we think about adding a "gauntlet" polestar, that would probably be super expensive in the market? Those that have everybody can sell it, those that don't can bid on it, those old crew could go in the portal but only available through retrieval - thoughts?