Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion thread: Faction Event: All For One - 2021-07-15

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

How about a piece of Gandy's birthday cake instead? :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Getting Paxton is cool. Can’t go wrong with Peter Weller. The stats leave something to be desired though
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Paxton is cool. Can’t go wrong with Peter Weller. The stats leave something to be desired though

Top 100 though. And even better, he was also in Into Darkness so it is like having JJ verse in the game. Admiral Marcus.

pbwktc51jth8.jpeg

7emizljuvm5z.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Currently taking bets on next week's Tuesday Pack being Little Number One. :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Had to google the ranked legendary. Thrilling….😏

And Data‘s stats is a shame. Bases are like 2016/2017. Art is excellent though.

Fun Fact: New 4* Data is the 400th SuperRare added to the game(vault).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lover Peter Weller. I'm not sure I'm up to rank 1500+ in a faction event for him at the moment, especially as a CMD/DIP/SEC (although I can't disagree with that choice).
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I lover Peter Weller. I'm not sure I'm up to rank 1500+ in a faction event for him at the moment, especially as a CMD/DIP/SEC (although I can't disagree with that choice).

I would definitely rank for Buckaroo Banzai the physicist, neurosurgeon, test pilot, and rock star who defeated the Red Lectroids. Sure, that’s not Star Trek, but I’ll take this card: it’s still Peter Weller!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is he from the season 3 Discovery?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I would definitely rank for Buckaroo Banzai the physicist, neurosurgeon, test pilot, and rock star who defeated the Red Lectroids. Sure, that’s not Star Trek, but I’ll take this card: it’s still Peter Weller!

No matter where you go, there you are.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Chuck S DarwinChuck S Darwin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

No matter where you go, there you are.

Best line in cinema history. No, I will not explain further. I am taking no questions at this time.
  • Options
    RoboCop - SEC/CMD/ENG
    Mr. Yin - SEC/MED/DIP
    Lucian Connally - DIP/SEC/CMD
    Steven Beck - SCI/CMD/SEC
    Bart Hughes - DIP/SEC
    Commander Hendricksson - CMD/SEC/ENG
    PhD in Art History Peter Weller - DIP/CMD/SCI primary
    Buckaroo Banzai - CMD/DIP/SEC/ENG/SCI/MED

Correct.
  • Options
    Best line in cinema history. No, I will not explain further. I am taking no questions at this time.

For the kids, he's saying, "Don't @ me, bro."
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, it's been a while since I watched "Hollow Pursuits", but I dawned on me shouldn't this Wesley be called "Blue Boy Wesley" and not "Little Boy Blue Wesley"? He's dressed like Gainsborough's "The Blue Boy".
    bpi4jk2qdojl.png

"Little Boy Blue" is a slacking shepherd boy.

Little Boy Blue come blow your horn,
    The sheep’s in the meadow the cow’s in the corn.
    But where’s the boy who looks after the sheep?
    He’s under a haystack fast asleep.
    Will you wake him? No, not I – for if I do, he’s sure to cry.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, it's been a while since I watched "Hollow Pursuits", but I dawned on me shouldn't this Wesley be called "Blue Boy Wesley" and not "Little Boy Blue Wesley"? He's dressed like Gainsborough's "The Blue Boy".
    bpi4jk2qdojl.png

"Little Boy Blue" is a slacking shepherd boy.

Little Boy Blue come blow your horn,
    The sheep’s in the meadow the cow’s in the corn.
    But where’s the boy who looks after the sheep?
    He’s under a haystack fast asleep.
    Will you wake him? No, not I – for if I do, he’s sure to cry.

Neither of them ate pie, though, did they? Unlike …
    “Little Jack Horner
    Sat in the corner,
    Eating a Christmas pie;
    He put in his thumb,
    And pulled out a plum,
    And said, "What a good boy am I!"
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I was thinking that too. That was a weird conflation of personas that had him playing.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I like the Event Hub idea and all. It gives me an extra lead in to the next event (events in a some cases) to prepare, but if there is a trait bonus in an event, you can't tell from the hub. It is a small thing, but it would help.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Click the question mark in the upper right corner of the preview event screen. The event rules screen that pops up lists bonus crew and traits.
  • Options
    I was thinking that too. That was a weird conflation of personas that had him playing.

I'm starting to think that the whole thing with him reminding me of the Leonardo meme is intentional, too. He is so much other stuff, any way.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Click the question mark in the upper right corner of the preview event screen. The event rules screen that pops up lists bonus crew and traits.

Good to know it's there somewhere. Thanks!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    I like the Event Hub idea and all. It gives me an extra lead in to the next event (events in a some cases) to prepare, but if there is a trait bonus in an event, you can't tell from the hub. It is a small thing, but it would help.

Actually, you can tell, although the info is tucked away behind the event rules (“?”) button:

g34kp00dhhbi.jpeg
    98p5citr5hwn.jpeg
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    With holograms being bonus this week, a thought came to mind. Should Cheesecake Seven have the hologram trait? What does everyone think?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    With holograms being bonus this week, a thought came to mind. Should Cheesecake Seven have the hologram trait? What does everyone think?

S/he wasn't a hologram though? I seem to recall it was the holograms persona uploaded into Seven's head? Correct me if I'm wrong. :)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

S/he wasn't a hologram though? I seem to recall it was the holograms persona uploaded into Seven's head? Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

The doctor explicitly hid in her because they COULDN"T have holograms. So she absolutely shouldn't have the hologram trait.
  • Options
    Great points! As useful as it would be on voyages I’d have to agree with @AviTrek :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing that since Beverly is event crew, there won't be more than one mission with the MED skill? :smiley:
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    I'm guessing that since Beverly is event crew, there won't be more than one mission with the MED skill? :smiley:

You think there will be ONE?

:p:p:p
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annnnd.... here we go again with server issues delaying the start of the Event.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...