Home The Bridge

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event - It's The Fuzz - ME#2 - 2021-08-12

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great!
    Let’s fly!
  • edited August 2021
    Am I the only one who thinks 1701 Jadzia is one of the most if not the most overused 4* crew?

Edit: shouldn’t be too negative.. Loving all the Tribbles! :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Ok, who on the dev team has been watching Dixon of Dock Green then, own up!
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks 1701 Jadzia is one of the most if not the most overused 4* crew?

FYI: You misspelled Drone Seven. :D

But yeah, Dax is used a lot; but she had to make an appearance in this Mega.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • EnderW wrote: »

FYI: You misspelled Drone Seven. :D

But yeah, Dax is used a lot; but she had to make an appearance in this Mega.

She came to mind too! Haha

Captain Level 99

she had to make an appearance in this Mega.

I've had her floundering at 1* since the last event she was in, so I'm happy to see her again and have a chance at the remaining 3*.

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Existing 4* Tribbled Crew left as "Possibles" for remaining Events:

1701 Bashir
    Edward Larkin
    Trader Odo
    Mulder & Scully {Didn't have them, so missed them in the Vault} {Also, not in the Wiki?}

Four left for two Events.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Existing 4* Tribbled Crew left as "Possibles" for remaining Events:

1701 Bashir
    Edward Larkin
    Trader Odo
    Mulder & Scully {Didn't have them, so missed them in the Vault} {Also, not in the Wiki?}

I am not sure what you mean by "possibles" for remaining events...

These are the remaining tribbled crew announced as part of this August "Tribble Quibbles" Mega-Event:

Tribble Sato (New)
    Tribble Chekov (New)
    Tribble Phlox (New)
    Tribble Quark (Existing 5*)

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18425/tribble-quibbles-our-august-mega-event#latest
    ALeeRocks wrote: »

1701 Bashir
    Edward Larkin
    Trader Odo

I am not sure what you mean by "possibles" for remaining events...

These are the remaining tribbled crew announced as part of this August "Tribble Quibbles" Mega-Event:

Tribble Sato (New)
    Tribble Chekov (New)
    Tribble Phlox (New)
    Tribble Quark (Existing 5*)

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18425/tribble-quibbles-our-august-mega-event#latest

The existing Crew that have the Tribbled Trait and might be used? I did not realize I was unclear. Looking back at my post, it does say "Existing"......

• robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

1701 Bashir
    Edward Larkin
    Trader Odo

I doubt we'll get the Temporal Agents that fast, although I certainly wouldn't complain.

There's also the Exobiology bonus trait, so we could get a few crew with that.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

1701 Bashir
    Edward Larkin
    Trader Odo

I didn't notice until just now, but WRG uses the misspelling of Dulmer as Dulmur. [Canonically correct, but a mistake in the first place as it was supposed to be an anagram of Mulder, which obviously has one u and e instead of two u's.] But they're in the vault and on the Wiki as Agents Dulmur and Lucsly. I'm certainly hoping they turn up as the existing 4* at some point because I don't have them yet. Of the remainders on your list, I think it unlikely we'd get Edwin Larkin in the same mega as the new Underwear Larkin. Either Bashir or Odo would add quite a few additional crew to the bonus pool, which would be moot in the fourth week Skirmish but could be a big deal for a lot of players in the third week Faction Event.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the event crew are usually unrelated to the traits. We could get any existing 4*. There is no reason to think they'll have tribbled or exobiology.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the STT Twitter stream (and apparently their FB page), they've put out just enough art of cards to cover all the featured crew for all of the Mega's events. So it's looking like it will be Trader Odo for the third event and Tribble Quark will be the recurring crew for the skirmish finale. Couple of assumptions with that but I think it's a solid guesstimation.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
    If you look at the STT Twitter stream (and apparently their FB page), they've put out just enough art of cards to cover all the featured crew for all of the Mega's events. So it's looking like it will be Trader Odo for the third event and Tribble Quark will be the recurring crew for the skirmish finale. Couple of assumptions with that but I think it's a solid guesstimation.

As someone who didn’t originally cite Tribble Quark but then cited him in anticipation for the mega, that wouldn’t be ideal if he were involved in that way……

Captain Level 99

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

The images show:
    3 existing 4*
    1 existing 5*
    9 new crew

The 9 new crew are the 4 4*, 4 5*, and 1 recurring 5*.
    The 3 existing 4* are for 3 of the events.
    The interesting question is, will Tribble Quark be a 5* rank reward at the usual 4* rank reward level? Will he be in the story but not a reward? Will he be a threshold reward at 400k like replay events? If he isn't a rank reward replacing the 4*, who is the missing 4*?
    AviTrek wrote: »
    EnderW wrote: »

The images show:
    3 existing 4*
    1 existing 5*
    9 new crew

The 9 new crew are the 4 4*, 4 5*, and 1 recurring 5*.
    The 3 existing 4* are for 3 of the events.
    The interesting question is, will Tribble Quark be a 5* rank reward at the usual 4* rank reward level? Will he be in the story but not a reward? Will he be a threshold reward at 400k like replay events? If he isn't a rank reward replacing the 4*, who is the missing 4*?

Very good questions. I'm also curious how Quark will be fit in.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't cite Tribble Quark, but my first thought when I read the mega post was "uh, are we heading into pitchfork territory?". I have since backed away from that possibility, since it would be far too predictable to realize that giving Tribble Quark away at 400K (or in any other way) would aggravate players that cited him so recently. I think it's 97% safe to say that he will feature in the story text. (Leaving myself a little wiggle room with that 3% though!)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't cite Tribble Quark, but my first thought when I read the mega post was "uh, are we heading into pitchfork territory?". I have since backed away from that possibility, since it would be far too predictable to realize that giving Tribble Quark away at 400K (or in any other way) would aggravate players that cited him so recently. I think it's 97% safe to say that he will feature in the story text. (Leaving myself a little wiggle room with that 3% though!)

Personally, I'm running under the assumption that you are right. If you are wrong, I will be annoyed but not angry. I figure a friendly request from CS will get an extra Quark converted to a citation, considering their assurance after Mirror Picard that mega cards are safe for a while. I expect that many here will go ballistic, but I save ballistic for truly worthless things like random ration drops in voyages.

Shan: "We're experimenting with something new" <ducks>
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Quark will be event crew but we will not get an extra copy of him unless we buy packs.
    Let’s fly!
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Another event start, another huge issues….its getting old and takes all the fun….

Week after week after week..enough time to have figure it out and fix that issue!

7ocikytkkmqx.png
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    You're kidding, right?

Right?

Event start is freezing the game again......
  • Make it go.
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I find it very frustrating that the game freezes at the start of every event. I am trying to log in and it won't start up. Events are literally the only gameplay left for me and it crashes week after week.
    Edit: I apologize for the negativity, I try to stay positive on the boards, but I have been becoming increasingly frustrated that events are the only new content in the game. I think events need to be supplemental to the game play and experience, not the only new content and only thing to do it the game, leaving 3 days a week to be dailies and out.
    More episodes and distress calls are desperately needed, and expanding existing ones with higher difficulty levels is long overdue.
    Okay, moving on. Game is working again, time to get me a Sulu.
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    I find it very frustrating that the game freezes at the start of every event. I am trying to log in and it won't start up. Events are literally the only gameplay left for me and it crashes week after week.

At some point it really feels like "Have you not figured it out YET?" This has happened at the start of so many Events I can't even remember when it started......

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is frustrating for everyone, I know.
    One of our providers was monitoring with us, not all issues are simple to solve :(