Home The Bridge
Options

USS Roddenberry

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in The Bridge

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, this is a great way to launch a new ship!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Is it correct that the Roddenberry will be the reward for September and October? Or is the October one just a holding spot for a future change?

This is going to make September Arena battles a lot more brutal than normal...looks like I'll be getting even less sleep.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Shan ! :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Sounds like many of us are going to max this ship by Halloween.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I care not for a new ship.

However, since I can get them from arena for several months, I like it. It will be brutal in the arena, but I still like it.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    So, running the numbers, everyone will be able to get the ship built and up to level 4 with the temporary achievements. Given that the last event of the Mega is the skirmish, that should be easy for just about everyone. EDIT: Need to read the fine print: only have this week to get those battles in. Still doable but not so certain.

After that, it will take about 55 days at 120 schematics a day or about 65 days at 100 schematics a day to fully level the ship. Those estimates are with rounded up numbers, so they're likely to be off by a day or so. Bottom line: at least two months of heavy fighting in the Arena.
    This is all wrong; I did my math completely wrong. See my comment below.

On the pointless critique front: what do people think about them using the Constellation class as the body type? After thinking about it for a bit, I wish they had gone with a TOS Constitution class or, even better, a Galaxy class body. The Galaxy would have been more ideal, as we have a couple of Constitutions (ISS Enterprise and Pike's Enterprise) at 5 stars but no Galaxy class at that level.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the Achievements for doing Space Battles literally ends the day before the Skirmish Event starts? That could have been done better......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    So, the Achievements for doing Space Battles literally ends the day before the Skirmish Event starts? That could have been done better......

True. But for people that do their dailies, the 20 space battles you have to do will already get you to 140. 10 extra over 7 days is nothing...building any crew will certainly require you to do a few ship battles to get items.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    3vr70w2o8gn5.jpg
    nnc527wbk1hq.jpg
    The stats are decent but the abilities make it very interesting.

I want to know if it will have enough hull and shields at 10/10 to last 7 seconds. My instinct says no, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    3vr70w2o8gn5.jpg
    nnc527wbk1hq.jpg
    The stats are decent but the abilities make it very interesting.

I want to know if it will have enough hull and shields at 10/10 to last 7 seconds. My instinct says no, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    🤞
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, I noticed the registry number is NCC-7100. That's the number on the Constellation class ship model in Picard's ready room, in case you don't recognize it. Nice touch. I don't have any enthusiasm for this ship but at least it isn't going to vie for a slot in my crew quarters.

At Max-Lv., this ship might be worthy.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that she appears to have four traits. Federation, Explorer, Pioneer and Historic.
    EnderW wrote: »
    So, running the numbers, everyone will be able to get the ship built and up to level 4 with the temporary achievements. Given that the last event of the Mega is the skirmish, that should be easy for just about everyone. EDIT: Need to read the fine print: only have this week to get those battles in. Still doable but not so certain.

After that, it will take about 55 days at 120 schematics a day or about 65 days at 100 schematics a day to fully level the ship. Those estimates are with rounded up numbers, so they're likely to be off by a day or so. Bottom line: at least two months of heavy fighting in the Arena.

If I understood correctly, she is the reward for 123 days, so players in the top 15% should get her by the end of December. There should be no rush.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see that she appears to have four traits. Federation, Explorer, Pioneer and Historic.
    EnderW wrote: »

If I understood correctly, she is the reward for 123 days, so players in the top 15% should get her by the end of December. There should be no rush.

Federation:
    Andorian Battlecruiser Kumari
    Federation Fighter
    Bounty
    NX-01
    Pike's Enterprise
    Reliant
    Discovery
    1701-A
    Excelsior
    Prometheus
    Shenzhou
    Warship Voyager

Explorer:
    Proton
    NX-01
    Pike's Enterprise
    Reliant
    Prometheus
    Shenzhou

Pioneer:
    Proton
    NX-01
    Pike's Enterprise
    Prometheus

Historic:
    Sarcophagus
    Krenim Weapon Ship
    The Artifact
    1701-A
    Excelsior
    Shenzhou

It's a fun vanity ship, and I'll be happy to add it to my collection, but the traits are all covered. I don't see a need for a massive rush in arena to get it quicker. Until I get it 10/10 I'll use one of the other ships I have for the bonus trait.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Honestly, the biggest advantage with those four traits and how easy it is to level up will be that I can just go to the end of the list and save myself a tonne of clicks trying to find a ship with the right trait.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Federation:
    NX-01
    Why? The Kumar was destroyed by the Romulan Drone Ship (can we get it pretty please?) before the Federation was founded and the NX-01 decommissioned the same year it was founded.
    It would be like the Phoenix having the Federation trait. This is going to bug me now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the amount of Space Battles, plus Arena tickets times five. If you don't use your Arena to count for both tasks, it would take less than a week. If you're working on crew heavy, probably much less. I'm working of lvl2 just making a couple slots this morning.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Okay, so how about also giving us Mr. Roddenberry as a crew card as well? (Publicity shot of him in costume supposedly as Captain Robert April according to Memory Beta).
    1e32abtxls8n.jpg
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pack and achievements will only get you to level 5/10.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell, just set a goal of farming for a dozen 0* Science Experiments. You can be done by the end of the afternoon. (Yes, that's hyperbole. Sort of.)

Update: I ended up farming for 20 0* Science Experiments ("Not a Drop to Drink"). That actually did get me all three tiers of achievements.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pack and achievements will only get you to level 5/10.

:( I am really bad at math right now. You are correct; I corrected my comment. Again.