Home The Bridge
Options

Why are fully fused begolds still a thing?

I got the Crew Galore pack today and I had three begolds that all offered three fully fused crew. How is this still happening? Granted, I have quite a few FF 5-stars, but the pool is getting more and more diluted.

Also, this has been criticized many times. Why is there still now solution? For example, reshuffling all three for dilithium or reshuffling one for merits ir something similar.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, just like we can do for gauntlet. I’ve gotten plenty of immortalized super rare beholds myself and I’m still looking for copies of many cards I do not have.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just like we can do for gauntlet. I’ve gotten plenty of immortalized super rare beholds myself and I’m still looking for copies of many cards I do not have.
    I feel your pain. I got to a point where I rarely get a SR behold with even one useful option, even after the portal update
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave the behold choices as they are but give this popup before the Double Your Crew Offer:

Do you want to exchange this crew member for:
    1) 4* Citation
    2) 18000 Honor

If you make the exchange, you still get the DYC offer. If you do, it probably shouldn't cost $25. Someone else can figure out a reasonable price point. I'm not a details guy.

This way there's an opportunity cost, because otherwise everyone would exchange for citations 4/5 of the time. But it does give you the flexibility of a citation or the equivalent in honor to put toward saving up for a 5* in the honor hall.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. If, and only if, it is a fully fused behold, allow one reroll for currency. If it comes up fully fused a second time, you get a citation or huge honor drop to defray a citation purchase.
    4. A pity counter on beholds of both rarities (separate). After so many, you either get a citation or a guaranteed non- fully fused in a straight drop.
    I've been thinking about this lately. I have 13 in portal purples that need stars and one that is eluding me altogether. (BG Robinson is going to be my new Caveman Riker.)
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I feel that pain. It blows, and it’s all chance. I would fully support many of the alternatives offered in this thread. I get that it cannot be a guarantee, but making it more worthwhile than 550 hour would be appreciated.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Posting this from a friend in the path of Hurricane Ida:

7i5wfvi7k9ic.png

Best of luck to your friend!
  • Options
    I got the Crew Galore pack today and I had three begolds that all offered three fully fused crew. How is this still happening? Granted, I have quite a few FF 5-stars, but the pool is getting more and more diluted.

Also, this has been criticized many times. Why is there still now solution? For example, reshuffling all three for dilithium or reshuffling one for merits ir something similar.

This is an awesome idea! I would definitely reshuffle for a reasonable amount of dil. I spent $100 on Friday between the two offers; certainly plenty of dil available for reshuffles. Sounds like a win-win for players and TP.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny that a re shuffle needs to be asked. Getting a FF begold should be like hitting a jackpot (after all, if you get a FF begold is because you played/payed a lot and now in a random roll you get 3 of something very difficult to have), but instead of getting a prize we are begging to pay more for an extra chance :D
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    It's funny that a re shuffle needs to be asked. Getting a FF begold should be like hitting a jackpot (after all, if you get a FF begold is because you played/payed a lot and now in a random roll you get 3 of something very difficult to have), but instead of getting a prize we are begging to pay more for an extra chance :D

This is a game that thanks you for playing by giving you a chance to spend more money. And somehow, it works!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Posting this from a friend in the path of Hurricane Ida:

7i5wfvi7k9ic.png

RNGesus demands sacrifice! Where are the red shirts?!?!?

Seriously though, I hope all affected by Ida will be safe.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options