Home The Bridge
Options

New primal collection.

New collection "Primal" with currently ten crew in it, will go live on 28 September.
Just in time for the October Mega event.

Comments

• Options
    Awesome! Looks like immo-ing Mutated Paris isn’t useless after all :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    {WIPES SINGLE MANLY TEAR}

My Critters Collection is coming finally!

Did someone say Critters?
    1.jpg
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    No feeding after midnight
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    @DavideBooks that is a warning for Gizmo. But it could work if you just add do not feed Gremlins after midnight. My own thought here: But, sir isn't all 24 hours in a day after midnight.

Edit: or is the Gremlin what you get if you feed Gizmo after midnight. I guess to work, Do not feed Gizmo after midnight.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    New collection "Primal" with currently ten crew in it, will go live on 28 September.
    Just in time for the October Mega event.

They would have gotten $10 from me if I had known that before the Loque'eque Sato deal went down.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    {WIPES SINGLE MANLY TEAR}

My Critters Collection is coming finally!

Did someone say Critters?
    1.jpg

KILL CRITES!
    rs13jn3akxtr.jpeg
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @DavideBooks that is a warning for Gizmo. But it could work if you just add do not feed Gremlins after midnight. My own thought here: But, sir isn't all 24 hours in a day after midnight.

Edit: or is the Gremlin what you get if you feed Gizmo after midnight. I guess to work, Do not feed Gizmo after midnight.

That was the biggest plothole in the movie. Did it mean after midnight where the Mogwai come from? After midnight where you are? What if you are on a plane flying East? Does it change if you "cross" midnight? Flying West, does it "reset" if you "cross" into the day before?

They should have just made it something like "after sunset". Or "after moonrise". That would have a built-in adjust for local time.

Ya you are right. It was easy to fix the plot hole.
    Also thanks for reminding what gizmo was, Mogwai.
    I had forgotten.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

That was the biggest plothole in the movie. Did it mean after midnight where the Mogwai come from? After midnight where you are? What if you are on a plane flying East? Does it change if you "cross" midnight? Flying West, does it "reset" if you "cross" into the day before?

They should have just made it something like "after sunset". Or "after moonrise". That would have a built-in adjust for local time.

Wherever you are that is the witching hour.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice try, but noon is after midnight an before the next day midnight.
  • Options
    SEC primaries, I'm thinking.

(From this angle, Terrence Mann looks kind of like Hugh Laurie!)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya you are right. It was easy to fix the plot hole.
    Also thanks for reminding what gizmo was, Mogwai.
    I had forgotten.

I just watched it yesterday on YouTube.

I had to take a break from the First Amendment Audits with the aggressive "auditors"......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

I said the witching hour which is the hour after midnight known in mythology and magic that I think likely the story writers took inspiration from. They kept it vague intentionally but I think likely they are speaking of past midnight until the sun was out to dispel the darkness and evil of night. The other point in keeping it vague was that the old man who ran the shop and knew all the detailed rules of keeping a Mogwai refused to sell the Mogwai to the man looking for a gift and the shop owners’ relative secretly took the Mogwai out to sell and didn’t give the buyer all detailed instructions needed.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

I said the witching hour which is the hour after midnight known in mythology and magic that I think likely the story writers took inspiration from. They kept it vague intentionally but I think likely they are speaking of past midnight until the sun was out to dispel the darkness and evil of night. The other point in keeping it vague was that the old man who ran the shop and knew all the detailed rules of keeping a Mogwai refused to sell the Mogwai to the man looking for a gift and the shop owners’ relative secretly took the Mogwai out to sell and didn’t give the buyer all detailed instructions needed.

Again they said midnight. Not the witching hour.

Also noon is after the witching hour and before the witching hour of the next day.
    Unless you want to change to do not feed during the witching hour.
  • Options

Also noon is after the witching hour and before the witching hour of 5he next day.

Any hour can be the witching hour, if we just believe.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Also noon is after the witching hour and before the witching hour of 5he next day.

Any hour can be the witching hour, if we just believe.

2cf6crq2vveu.jpeg

Captain Level 99

• Options
    Wow, 16 off topic posts just about the Critter movies. Ughh…
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

This was my fault, lol. There is a tradition with Critters popping up and being referenced randomly and I couldn't resist the tangent.

There are 11 in this collection, currently. Unless there is a rash of new ones, which I don't see coming, it is what it is. Collections mostly feature milestones at 1, 5, and 10 that correspond to two core boosts followed by a proficiency boost. Only 5 of 21 collections don't start out in that pattern: Heh Cho'mruak tah, The Continuum, Smoke and Mirrors, A New Challenger Awaits, and most recently Trimble Trouble. I can see an argument for this being the sixth and all boosts being to proficiency, further creeping gauntlet scores, but I actually doubt it.

I'm w/ @Veterinary Phlox and will assume this will be security based, if it is stat boosting. None of the other skills really make sense. If that's the case, security is at a max of 9% core boost and 10% proficiency boost. Compare that to cmd (11/11), dip (11/8), eng (10/7), sci (9/7), and med (12/10) and the case for all proficiency seems weaker. With med core boosted to 12, maybe they think it's time for sec proficiency to go to 13. However, I think the most likely outcome if it's stat boosting is for it to be the normal pattern, giving an outcome of max boost for sec being 11 and 11, like cmd.
  • Options

Actually, only a couple were for Critters. Most were about "When IS Midnight" because you gotta know when you can and cannot feed your new Mogwai. I actually have been saying for a while {every time a new "Critter" is added} that we are getting closer to enough for a Collection. So, I inadvertently caused the tangent by mentioning the name I use, and then that tangenting into Gremlins.

Sorry.

Also, we could have also tengented into Ernest T.......

7n75s67wa1om.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I thought we were talking Gremlins not Critters.

3t81nh64l91p.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I thought we were talking Gremlins not Critters.

3t81nh64l91p.jpeg

I mentioned the "Critter Collection" because that is what I have been calling it since I first suggested it. Then someone posted a pic from the movie "Critters". And someone mentioned not feeding it after midnight, and that segued into the "Gremlins" highjack.
  • Options
    There are 11 in this collection, currently. Unless there is a rash of new ones, which I don't see coming, it is what it is.
    While "primal" isn't synonymous with "monstrous," there's enough overlap for a mega. And if not, plenty of future opportunities to expand this.

In terms of characters and unique aliens:

Loque'eque Archer
    Protomorphosis Troi
    Tarchannen III La Forge
    Bedtime Phlox
    Wraith
    El-Adrel IV Entity
    Molly the Trance Worm
    Taurus II Anthropoid
    Davy Doug Jones
    Fek'lhr
    Malon Vihaar

Some of the more monstrous transformations of characters like Anya and Martia may count as primal.

There aren't all that many "critters" to draw from that aren't either in the game already, or tiny (like Ceti Eels and Cardassian Voles). But there are a few we've seen, mainly from TAS:

Gormagander
    Capellan power-cat
    Le-matya
    Sur-Snake

I'll also toss in the perfect ship for a Primal mega.
    I'm w/ @Veterinary Phlox and will assume this will be security based, if it is stat boosting. None of the other skills really make sense.
    While it wasn't at all clear, I was actually joking that Terrence Mann and Roxanne Kernohan's characters from Critters II struck me as SEC primaries.

But I also agree if this is a stat-boosting collection, SEC seems the most likely. If there are multiple tiers in the future, I could see SCI as well.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I must say i found the Loque’eque episode to be extremely irritating and annoying :neutral::lol::lol:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    I barely remember that episode, and I consider myself blessed.

Impressive makeup, though, shame it was spent on such a weak episode.

Starport
  • Options
    TBH, I don’t remember much of it either, other than the fact I found it annoying!! :lol:

Captain Level 99