Home The Bridge
Options

Event announcement delay

This is unusual. Never seen it take so long for the next event to be announced. Makes me wonder what's up? A programming error that they want to correct before releasing the info is my guess.

Comments

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume it’s a licensing issue. However, we also know that they were preparing a new client for release, so things may have gotten complicated.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event next week will include the first legendary for the October Mega. It feels like something is going on with that Mega that is causing them to delay the event announcement until it's worked out. Maybe the bonus trait is not finalized, maybe art is still being worked on, maybe it's being held to coincide with a broader Star Trek announcement, or maybe something else entirely?
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is a licensing issue (as it is most of the time), then we are getting an all new character, that is at risk of being replaced with someone else if the issue is not resolved. If it was a variant of an existing character and the issue is art approval, I guess we would have the announcement minus the art.

I guess. Maybe.
  • Options
    They have gotten some flack lately about having to correct things after releasing event info. Perhaps they have paid attention.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's up in the game!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Event up in game now...they fixed Gary's starfleet insignia - thank you TP
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    I see that,
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new 5* actually has a decent Voyage score...maybe they decided to beef up his stats slightly after all of the commotion.
  • Options
    Looks like we got the worst of both worlds: the event was late, and now that it's up, it's still missing art for the ranked gold.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    DCPilot wrote: »
    Looks like we got the worst of both worlds: the event was late, and now that it's up, it's still missing art for the ranked gold.

Might want to restart your game

jx1u9bf6vn1o.jpg

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for Straal
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    8qlj6g55sfzi.png

So nearly identical to Owo, except Owo you can retrieve and get bonuses on Veteran and Resourceful seats...skip
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    The character description text isn't right. Straal was no more captain of the Glenn than Stamets was captain of the Discovery.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    I suspect the delay was perfectly mundane. Straal is DIS crew, and may imply a DIS mega right before a DIS season, so it's entirely reasonable that there was some complication concerning what they could say when.

Or maybe they needed to get an update before this would show up and it took a little longer than expected.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is unusual. Never seen it take so long for the next event to be announced. Makes me wonder what's up? A programming error that they want to correct before releasing the info is my guess.

I thought maybe the Legendary Reward was going to be a major spoiler for the Mega, and they had not announced it yet. But, he really doesn't {by himself} give anything away.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?