Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction/Galaxy Event: The Surface of Dashed Hopes - 2021-10-28 ME#4

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that plot matters much in this tap fest, but it's really annoying how we get the pop-up for next week's event that contains spoilers from this week's plot, before this week's event has even begun.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Not that plot matters much in this tap fest, but it's really annoying how we get the pop-up for next week's event that contains spoilers from this week's plot, before this week's event has even begun.

It is something we've looked into and fingers crossed, it will potentially be solved soon.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

It is something we've looked into and fingers crossed, it will potentially be solved soon.

Thanks for the heads-up! That would be much appreciated, since the ability to get a glimpse ahead to upcoming events was a great idea, but not the most effectively implemented.
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    Have we had existing 5*s as the ranked reward in a Mega before? (Genuine question… I’ve not been around as long as many on here, and also don’t keep track!)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gitssac wrote: »
    Have we had existing 5*s as the ranked reward in a Mega before? (Genuine question… I’ve not been around as long as many on here, and also don’t keep track!)

The rank reward is the bonus crew for the following week. The week after the mega is a flashback event with repeat rewards. So the last week of a mega always has an existing 5* as the rank reward.
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Thanks Avi. That makes sense & feels familiar! I’ve maybe only taken more note because it’s the first time at the end of a mega where I actually have the crew FF/FE already
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cited Kirk a couple months ago. Too bad. Oh, well, someone else can get him.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that Wrathful Kirk is gonna be a reward. Mine is at 4/5.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    Yea it’s all good… I’m happy when the reward is someone who I can FF, so pleased that others will get the chance with WK!
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    I like the Wrathful Kirk, even though I already have him. My kneejerk reaction was, “Oh, no; an “old” 5* for the event?” But, I’d much rather see an existing GOOD crew added instead of a new crew that fits the theme but is mediocre. My main gripe with Quark’s repeat last event was he had JUST been featured the prior event and many had already cited him or spent money on recaps for him. Using a DIFFERENT Kirk (and a GOOD Kirk) instead of repeating Tribble Kirk is going to make a lot of people happy. Everybody who already has him can slack off and get that extra copy of Q, so there’s something here for everybody.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollita wrote: »
    I like the Wrathful Kirk, even though I already have him. My kneejerk reaction was, “Oh, no; an “old” 5* for the event?” But, I’d much rather see an existing GOOD crew added instead of a new crew that fits the theme but is mediocre. My main gripe with Quark’s repeat last event was he had JUST been featured the prior event and many had already cited him or spent money on recaps for him. Using a DIFFERENT Kirk (and a GOOD Kirk) instead of repeating Tribble Kirk is going to make a lot of people happy. Everybody who already has him can slack off and get that extra copy of Q, so there’s something here for everybody.

The 5* is rewarded after the Event and is not part of the Event. He is for the repeat the next week.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭

The 5* is rewarded after the Event and is not part of the Event. He is for the repeat the next week.

Oh. Whoops. Lul. Well, I’m still happy with Kirk. 🤪

• Options
    Trollita wrote: »

Oh. Whoops. Lul. Well, I’m still happy with Kirk. 🤪

The week ahead thing messes me up all the time.
  • Options
    I like getting a heads up for the next weeks event with enough time for me to set myself up with crew and resources for it.
  • Options
    I like getting a heads up for the next weeks event with enough time for me to set myself up with crew and resources for it.

Oh, it is helpful they do it. I was just commenting that it throws me off often.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm going to be that player*: why does Brother Rom have the costumed trait?

* - My thinking: better to point it out now and save the collection mess-up down the road.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    I guess I'm going to be that player*: why does Brother Rom have the costumed trait?

* - My thinking: better to point it out now and save the collection mess-up down the road.

Why are you being one of those? Then you pretend you are doing the players a favor. SMH.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Why are you being one of those? Then you pretend you are doing the players a favor. SMH.

I really would like to not see criticism aimed at fellow players pointing out errors like these.
    This is getting fixed today, not due to this thread however.

But I am glad that I can count on players proactiveness and helpfulness in that way, it is indeed much better to make a trait correction when the impact is the lowest. It is better for everyone.

This crew was created before we tightened our process for traits, we're continuing to evaluate if additional steps are needed.

Could we stop removing traits from crew that make them half usable...

I prefer them correcting honest mistakes (ie: basic Rom is not wearing a costume) immediately and before an event begins, rather than during or after the event, after real and/or in-game resources (ie: money, dil, chrons, effort, time, etc...) were spent chasing the crew in question.

Sometimes a mistake is just a mistake, and I appreciate them calling it out and correcting it this quickly.

The problem is that costumed is a huge collection and this crew that everyone could get as 4/4 would have been a great help for people. Hard not to feel cheated out of one costumed crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021

I really would like to not see criticism aimed at fellow players pointing out errors like these.
    This is getting fixed today, not due to this thread however.

But I am glad that I can count on players proactiveness and helpfulness in that way, it is indeed much better to make a trait correction when the impact is the lowest. It is better for everyone.

This crew was created before we tightened our process for traits, we're continuing to evaluate if additional steps are needed.

Could we stop removing traits from crew that make them half usable...

I prefer them correcting honest mistakes (ie: basic Rom is not wearing a costume) immediately and before an event begins, rather than during or after the event, after real and/or in-game resources (ie: money, dil, chrons, effort, time, etc...) were spent chasing the crew in question.

Sometimes a mistake is just a mistake, and I appreciate them calling it out and correcting it this quickly.

The problem is that costumed is a huge collection and this crew that everyone could get as 4/4 would have been a great help for people. Hard not to feel cheated out of one costumed crew.

I'd agree if there was an argument to be made that the character was costumed, but in this particular case I think it was a pretty obvious mistake. I frankly think there are too many people with the costumed trait who were actually wearing a uniform, but that is one previously discussed rabbit-hole that should remained filled. ha
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just happy they at least removed it before the pack went live.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm almost afraid to mention it, but there are other crew that are questionably costumed.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still wandering why Hoshi lacks the Gambler trait. She got caught running a poker game. That should definitely count!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm almost afraid to mention it, but there are other crew that are questionably costumed.

So don’t. It baffles me why some players seem determined to get traits removed. If anything, there are many more crew that should have costumed but don’t like the Platonians.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    What I don’t get is the need to add the medicine skill + physician trait to everyone with ‘Doctor/Dr.’ in their title. There are plenty of scientific doctors in Trek, not just Physicians.

Characters like:
    Dr. Hippocrates Noah (A Scientist)
    Dr. Gillian Taylor (A Cetacean Biologist)
    Dr. Roger Korby (An Archeologist)
    Dr. Agnes Jurati (A Cyberneticist)

It bothers me because it makes me think the devs don’t do their research and just slap on the trait and skill solely because they have ‘Dr.’ in their name. Which isn’t what I want to believe, but that’s just what’s been on my mind 🖖🖖🖖🖖🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!