Home The Bridge
Options

Objective event feedback

a total of 20 shuttle mission...
if you have 4 shuttles, that 5x sending shuttles. 5x3h == 15h.
And then we still need to start the gauntlet milestone. And all that within 24h...

I understand you want to sell shuttle tokens and whatever.
But for a beta isn't that a bit steep?

Comments

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the time as 30 hours. But the shuttle requirement seems a bit steep.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    we send 3 groups of 4 the first day then 2 groups of 4 the second day. Should be ok.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Choose a faction, preferably the one you use the least, and fail all the shuttle missions. It will take a while, but eventually the shuttle missions will come down to 30s.

I did the borg over the summer, it took about a month, but now I have two factions sitting at 30s.

If I need a lot of holoprograms in a hurry, I can spam borg shuttles, four pass, then four fail.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've avoided doing the intentional failure. But if these objective events will have high shuttle counts then it may be time to start.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you don't have a tanked faction, surely most players have some low-level speed boosts in inventory that can shave 30-60 min off some shuttle times if need be. This isn't an easy-peasy target, but it's also not that hard to reach.

And remember, it's just a beta. We still don't know what the "real" plan is for these goals. It might be much harder when the final version goes live.

For the moment, I think it looks fine.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    a total of 20 shuttle mission...
    if you have 4 shuttles, that 5x sending shuttles. 5x3h == 15h.
    And then we still need to start the gauntlet milestone. And all that within 24h...

I understand you want to sell shuttle tokens and whatever.
    But for a beta isn't that a bit steep?

Does it say we can't do the three things in parallel? And how much time we have.

Total of 20 Shuttle Missions.

Four at a time can be done, if you have all four Shuttle Bays. Three hours without Speed Ups.

Four
    Three Hours
    Four
    Three Hours
    Four
    Three Hours
    Four
    Three Hours
    Four
    Three Hours

If the Event is longer than fifteen hours, it is clearly doable with all four Shuttle Bays. If you have not opened the other two Shuttle Bays, it should be a priority to do them for Faction Events any way.

If the Event is at least thirty hours, can be done with two Shuttle Bays.

I don't see the length of the Event anywhere. So, maybe torches & pitchforks would be better after we find out we have ten hours to do it. or some other ridiculously short time......

EDIT: Lasts 30 hours.

Objective Event Beta start: Tuesday, 11/16 at 10am ET (15:00 UTC)
    Objective Event Beta end: Wednesday, 11/17 at 4pm ET (21:00 UTC)
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    well the filler prizes are hopefully really filler also. Anyone remember the other Beta event they did - the midweek event or something that gave thousands of dilithium?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    This gives lots of shuttle rewards. It will make the next faction event a bit more interesting, I suppose. Very doable goals. And if you haven't tanked a faction yet, I recommend it. I held back for years and finally did it. Took quite a while, but I tanked one of the Frengi factions. I did it so that I could get dailes done in a hurry if I got doing something more important or fun, like Family, work, or Angry Birds.
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I've avoided doing the intentional failure. But if these objective events will have high shuttle counts then it may be time to start.

It’s a good idea to tank a faction or two. It took me almost a year to tank Federation. You can check in datacore which of the factions would be quickest to tank.
  • Options
    30 hours, at least make it 48 hours. For me the 30 hours starts just after normal bed time and finishes at wake up time. Not everyone lives in America.

[...] But for those who are playing from Australia, New Zealand or East Asia up to half of the 30 event hours will probably fall in their sleep time.

I guess they're not the majority of the playerbase, but why can't it just last 48 hours?

This is me too 👋 Hopefully the time will be extended to 48hrs once the beta version has been completed.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    I understand this is a Beta and things will change to settle into a rythm that works best for WRG - but working on the assumption that the beta Start & End times are something being tested as well....

Please, please to power of infinity and beyond! consider using one of the existing "timers" (dailies, guantlet, event start, portal refresh, dabo refresh) as a start / end time and do not introduce another "timer" into the game.

Dailies or gauntlet reset would work well if it lasted 48 hours, which I think it should. That way it wouldn't overlap with the weekend events or get too close to their start and ending times.

But personally I could also get used to a start and ending time at 15:00 UTC. Since it's basically an achievement event and there's no competition, it doesn't really matter when it starts and ends. If someone wants to wait with dailies until the event starts or complete them before it ends, they'll have to keep it in their mind or set and extra timer anyway.

The best solution would probably be if they started and ended with the dailies reset, since the achievements mostly overlap with dailies. All other reset times, whether they're new or not, would still add another "don't forget to complete X" component to the game.
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I'm not worried. I have 472 shuttle tokens. I can finish these shuttles real quick. Gauntlet will take me longer unless I choose to spend dilithium.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I like the color scheme.

I could not resist having a little fun with it in another thread when Captain Idol and Shan were discussing it…

a3xbcghdjzc0.jpeg
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having flashbacks to some temporary achievement feedback that was upset at the requirements being 10% higher than the normal amount of stuff players do for their dailies. These are called objective events and the normal expectation if you want to reach higher levels of rewards in events is that you might have to use timers or put in something above the minimum level of effort.

Of course feedback on rewards will be helpful for WRG; they need to be aware that if a reward exists, it taunts the player (#1 event achievement) and their entire ecosystem is built on fear of missing out which is the straightest path to burnout. But A. consider the announcement;
    This will be a beta for Objective Events and as such, this first event will be fairly simple and not representative of future Objective Events.

and B. it's okay to leave reward thresholds incomplete if you don't think they are worth the time or resource expenditure. It is not a failure of design if different players compete for different levels of rewards. On the contrary, all events should have that level of player agency. The ability to duck out partway and get half the rewards is extremely valuable in a mid-week event. If the rewards were out of this world, some players would feel obligated to invest more than they're comfortable with.

This, this, a thousand times this!!!
    I could not have put it any better. 👍
  • Options
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    The rewards are IMO really bad, making the whole thing seem kind of pointless.

Hopefully just because we are beta testing it for them.

Might even explain why they have trouble filling the QA job. If this is how they "pay" us for doing work for them, maybe their employees suffer, too.

• Options
    Well, the waste matter left by the male bovine in the upper forty is a little tacky.....

You DO have to complete each one before starting the next. But, Shuttles sent last night and collected just now did count for the first Shuttle Task. {It does say "COMPLETE"}
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

EDITED
    I like the extra time boosts as rewards. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

I got 3x10 premium portal pulls from the Away Team Goals.
    Not sure how that‘s considered being bad, for 20 seconds playtime?

Why do people have different Rewards?!?!?

That makes the stupid thing even worse.....
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I have done 20 shuttle missions, 12 gauntlet rounds, and I am hit with this screen. So now my gauntlet timers are all messed up.

So we have to do the 20 gauntlet rounds, after the 20 shuttle missions, that is going to need time if you don't have a tanked faction.

tqg86ybrss6x.jpg

• Options
    Salamander ParisSalamander Paris ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I didn't realize until now that's it's started that I can't work on all 3 objectives at once. The away missions have to all be done before even starting the shuttles, and then the shuttles all have to be done (completed, not just started, which makes a 3 hour difference) before starting the gauntlet. That changes the whole time frame, and I don't see a way for me to finish now. If the rewards were worth burning shuttle tokens or time reducers that's one thing, but they're not, so I'll just be leaving things unfinished.

If shuttle missions are going to be included in these, it would be nice if starting the mission instead of finishing the mission was required. It also would be nice to be able to work on multiple objectives at once.

Edit: Having remembered this ends at 4:00 and not noon, I should be able to squeak this out, but I still have the same concerns about future ones.
  • Options

I got 3x10 premium portal pulls from the Away Team Goals.
    Not sure how that‘s considered being bad, for 20 seconds playtime?

Why do people have different Rewards?!?!?

That makes the stupid thing even worse.....

Sorry, my bad. Was 100% sure it came from the event, but it didn t.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I have done 20 shuttle missions, 12 gauntlet rounds, and I am hit with this screen. So now my gauntlet timers are all messed up.

So we have to do the 20 gauntlet rounds, after the 20 shuttle missions, that is going to need time if you don't have a tanked faction.

tqg86ybrss6x.jpg

Just pick easy low point opponents in gauntlet, join gauntlets late and it‘s easily doable.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I completed the Away Missions, collected the rewards, and then sent my first 4 shuttles.

The first Complete 4 Shuttle Missions Milestone is still showing as "Go", rather than letting me complete the rewards. The only thing I can think of is I didn't click on the "Go" to send the shuttles, instead I went through the normal process. But now I'm slightly handicapped on finishing since not counting my first wave of shuttles just set me back 3 hours.