Home The Bridge
Options

Objective event feedback

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you read the release announcement it's a ui bug. We're supposed to be able to work on everything at once but it's broken. That being said, I think/hope we get credit for gauntlet rounds now even if we haven't finished the shuttles. But it does mean we can't get any of the gauntlet rewards unless we complete the shuttles.

Either way, that's a pretty bad bug to launch with. Since WRG knew about it in advance they really should have delayed the event until it was fixed. Right now it's just adding to the impression of sloppiness and lack of QA.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is shuttles completed, then players could have sent out every three hours yesterday, and not recovered them. Once the away team missions had been completed, players could then have recovered all the shuttles, and hit the second objective quickly.

@Shan the bit where one objective depends upon a previous one should have been highlighted in the game, on the objective screen, before the objective event started.

Anyway, shuttles done, just need to wait for the gauntlet timers to cool down.

19ygwpdcb67p.jpg
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two bits of feedback about clarity - I don't see a place that tells us how many of each objective we've completed, only a percentage. It would be nice have a number shown so that if you're at, say, 23 of 40 missions done you can tell at a glance how many you have to do without doing the math or checking back in the event hub every time.

1omuwo4ge0n0.jpg

And this wording makes it seem like the merits are rewarded once you participate, like how the event achievements pay out once you first do something in the events. Not sure if they pay out at the end of the event or once you've finished all of the objectives, but neither of those are the same as "for participating". I don't think I missed them while collecting the other thresholds either...

7dforjovxz8c.jpg
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    robownage wrote: »
    I completed the Away Missions, collected the rewards, and then sent my first 4 shuttles.

The first Complete 4 Shuttle Missions Milestone is still showing as "Go", rather than letting me complete the rewards. The only thing I can think of is I didn't click on the "Go" to send the shuttles, instead I went through the normal process. But now I'm slightly handicapped on finishing since not counting my first wave of shuttles just set me back 3 hours.

It says „complete“ not „send“. 😉 Once u collect ur shuttles they count.
    jnbkmxfy8049.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    First off, I don't think the timing will work out for a good amount of players. In part that's due to the fact, that objectives have to be completed in sequence, with no prior actions counting toward the progress, until the objective in question has been unlocked.

While it's definitely possible to complete the event in the allotted 30 hours, the timing seems very tight - unless you have a pre-tanked faction to save many hours, or are a passionate Timelines player with access to the game at all hours of the day.

A big UI mistake is to not show your progress in absolute numbers (ie 13/20). It's a very unintuitive way of showing 65% instead and leaving the player to figure that out.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If you read the release announcement it's a ui bug. We're supposed to be able to work on everything at once but it's broken. That being said, I think/hope we get credit for gauntlet rounds now even if we haven't finished the shuttles. But it does mean we can't get any of the gauntlet rewards unless we complete the shuttles.

Either way, that's a pretty bad bug to launch with. Since WRG knew about it in advance they really should have delayed the event until it was fixed. Right now it's just adding to the impression of sloppiness and lack of QA.

It may be a bug, but the code is there, so it can be used in the future.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I messed up one of my shuttle missions, by mistake I used the wrong boost, and sent it with the 9h duration thing. I guess I'm done.

I take this momento to once again complain that there is no way to cancel the mission (with no rewards) once sent...
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Add this event to the list of things I can't do on the new Kindle 8 I bought specifically to play STT. All I get is this.
    h6vkp7v8gske.jpg
    For those keeping track, I can't:
    Play Arena
    Play Skirmish
    Open Vault
    Use Retrieval
    Use Ads
    Open Constellations
    See Constellations
    See ISM
    Play Objective Events
    Oh, forgot making cash purchases
    Also forgot the Celestial Market doesn't work either
    Thank God for my underpowered, crash ridden Kindle 7.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed the Away Missions, collected the rewards, and then sent my first 4 shuttles.

The first Complete 4 Shuttle Missions Milestone is still showing as "Go", rather than letting me complete the rewards. The only thing I can think of is I didn't click on the "Go" to send the shuttles, instead I went through the normal process. But now I'm slightly handicapped on finishing since not counting my first wave of shuttles just set me back 3 hours.

jnbkmxfy8049.jpeg

Thanks! One of these days I will learn how to read.
  • Options
    I think/hope we get credit for gauntlet rounds now even if we haven't finished the shuttles. But it does mean we can't get any of the gauntlet rewards unless we complete the shuttles.
    Nope, gauntlet rounds that were fought after the event started, but before the faction objective was completed, don't count as progress.
  • Options
    No doubt I am about to ask a very simple or dumb question on the very first objective (away missions). What is the process to complete each away mission? Previously I completed (unlocked all locked nodes) the missions. I assume you "travel" (not warp) through any particular mission to get credit. So far, that has not shown any progress in the objective (multiple, successful space battles). Again, I am sure this is very simple and I am just a little off. Thanks.
  • Options
    If it is shuttles completed, then players could have sent out every three hours yesterday, and not recovered them. Once the away team missions had been completed, players could then have recovered all the shuttles, and hit the second objective quickly.

19ygwpdcb67p.jpg

jnbkmxfy8049.jpeg

Thanks! One of these days I will learn how to read.

Can t blame you, for past achievements it‘s always have been „send“ instead
    of complete.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021

No, the ui bug is a display issue only.

When looking at the prerequisite for an objective, you should see all the milestones for that objective, not just the first one.
    z6mg5d92a7o3.png

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    The rewards are IMO really bad, making the whole thing seem kind of pointless.

I got 3x10 premium portal pulls from the Away Team Goals.
    Not sure how that‘s considered being bad, for 20 seconds playtime?

Why do people have different Rewards?!?!?

That makes the stupid thing even worse.....

Sorry, my bad. Was 100% sure it came from the event, but it didn t.

I was thinking after I replied that maybe they had come from somewhere else. Because I got a rock....

:D
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    I messed up one of my shuttle missions, by mistake I used the wrong boost, and sent it with the 9h duration thing. I guess I'm done.

I take this momento to once again complain that there is no way to cancel the mission (with no rewards) once sent...

Been there, done that in events. It is not good.

A self destruct on the shuttles would be a good thing,
    Papa wrote: »
    No doubt I am about to ask a very simple or dumb question on the very first objective (away missions). What is the process to complete each away mission? Previously I completed (unlocked all locked nodes) the missions. I assume you "travel" (not warp) through any particular mission to get credit. So far, that has not shown any progress in the objective (multiple, successful space battles). Again, I am sure this is very simple and I am just a little off. Thanks.

It has to be "Away missions", not "Space battles". These can be warped, or done with warp max.

• Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Wish I'd have realised beforehand that I should have kept shuttles to "complete" at the event start, rather than sending them just after, having waited since completing an hour earlier.

Trying to work out if its worth spending the shuttle boosts I need to use to get to Gauntlet achievement in time, as the way my Boost RNGesus has been going, I'd rather not risk them! Deliberately sitting at zero gauntlet action in the hope I can get a few easy wins once the 5 round of shuttles return, so I can get 10 rounds done before needing to wait for the refresh.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Wish I'd have realised beforehand that I should have kept shuttles to "complete" at the event start, rather than sending them just after, having waited since completing an hour earlier.

Trying to work out if its worth spending the shuttle boosts I need to use to get to Gauntlet achievement in time, as the way my Boost RNGesus has been going, I'd rather not risk them! Deliberately sitting at zero gauntlet action in the hope I can get a few easy wins once the 5 round of shuttles return, so I can get 10 rounds done before needing to wait for the refresh.

Having read the smaller text, it looks like I can start on the final set of objectives once Tier 1 of objective 2 is compete?
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Never mind.
  • Options
    @Arnie see Shan's post above. If I understand correctly, she's saying that all the Milestones should be listed on the left as requirements before you can start the next Objective. But as we can see on this thread, the bug and the clarifications so far have been confusing.
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    An objective will need to be fully completed, meaning all milestones, before the next one unlocks.
  • Options
    I would much rather see a number of objectives available in parallel so you can proceed at your own pace than a locked progression of Objective 1, then 2, etc.

If objectives will be locked in the future:
    • You've got to do due diligence to ensure they are reasonably achievable in the event window, taking into account the event window’s timing globally.
    • Make the final reward(s) worth pushing for.

I’m guessing this isn’t an option in the current version, but it might be interesting to have branching locks—in order to unlock Objectives B and C you need to do A, but to unlock D you need to complete B (not C). To unlock H maybe you need C, F, and G. Maybe there’s not time to complete all the Objectives in this mode, so you have to pick your end reward and pursue the Objectives that get you to that end one.
    Fleet Admiral, eXodus
    Fleet Discord | Fleet Wiki
  • Options
    so to complete I'm seeing:
    65 Away missions (5/20/40)
    32 Shuttles (4/8/20)
    35 Gauntlet rounds (5/10/20)

All done in order so the next unlocks.

Correct?
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    An objective will need to be fully completed, meaning all milestones, before the next one unlocks.
    So, this is wrong? sljen0krxu28.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    So, this is wrong? sljen0krxu28.png

Yes. This is the display bug I was talking about.
  • Options
    DeeMentia wrote: »
    so to complete I'm seeing:
    65 Away missions (5/20/40)
    32 Shuttles (4/8/20)
    35 Gauntlet rounds (5/10/20)

All done in order so the next unlocks.

Correct?

No, 40, 20 and 20 will finish it. The other numbers (5 and 20 for away missions for instance) are just points along the way where a reward is earned.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, here is my feedback, if it is indeed needed to complete all milestones to unlock the next objective, locking one third of the event for 24 hs (32 missions, divided by 4 shuttles, multiplied by 3 hours to complete each), while there is around 36 hs or less granted to complete (not sure how much 'cause this statted hours before it was stated in the announcement) for a sample event is very, very, very, very, very, poor planning (I really want to use a different wording, but 'm too kind)

And please, no "you don't know how hard it is to make a game" like the other day, 1- check my linedin profile before making assumptions, and 2-It doesn't matter, I can be a customer and expect a good product without knowing how it is produced.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two bits of feedback about clarity - I don't see a place that tells us how many of each objective we've completed, only a percentage. It would be nice have a number shown so that if you're at, say, 23 of 40 missions done you can tell at a glance how many you have to do without doing the math or checking back in the event hub every time.

1omuwo4ge0n0.jpg

And this wording makes it seem like the merits are rewarded once you participate, like how the event achievements pay out once you first do something in the events. Not sure if they pay out at the end of the event or once you've finished all of the objectives, but neither of those are the same as "for participating". I don't think I missed them while collecting the other thresholds either...

7dforjovxz8c.jpg

The participation reward is claimable once the event has ended, this is explained in the event info text :)

90r1a7lfryok.png
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me not read? That's unpossible.

In that case, change my feedback to have it claimable earlier to be congruent with achievements and community rewards.
  • Options
    SimsSims ✭✭✭
    I did the away missions but received no rewards so assumed they were all claimable at the end. Having had my first 4 shuttles return I realise this is not the case.