Home The Bridge
Options

Objective event feedback

1235»

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished it with a little time to spare. I did use tokens on the shuttles, but that was because the Away Missions gave me grief on the Kindle 7 and I launched later than intended.
    Mostly I was just hoping my Kindle 8 would go back to working, even in its limited capacity, after the event was over. No such luck. I even reinstalled last night. Still nothing. Can't even file a CS ticket on the 7. I'll have to use zendesk.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    My gauntlet wins aren't counting. I did 5 gauntlet fights, went to check the event status and still shows 0. Restarted the game, still 0. Now I won't be able to finish in time.

Definitely needed more internal testing before it went to public testing.

Could you please make a separate discussion for this in Engineering Room, so we can keep track of it and I can ask for details? Thank you very much!

Scratch that, you did exactly that - thank you :)
  • Options
    Somehow, what i'dd like to see in future events.
    Perhaps make it a 4 day one as well. but make it more of a puzzle.
    Like you need 4 away team missions to unluck sending 4 shuttles.
    But you need like 10 gauntlets to continue with the next 4 away missions. And to do gauntlets, you need 20 away team missions.
    Since there's no leaderboard or ranked rewards, i wouldn't mind if the rewards where in the trend of the beta.
    The beta was just, to straight forward, knowing you almost can't regularly finish time all. Sure there are the boost or the tanking strategy, but i feel it should be possible to complete the event without. Even if it's a bit more of a challenge with and having to do the puzzle.
    I'm not saying every objective event has to be a puzzle, just that you have potential to bring variantion and surprise to this event type.

I think it's clear that everyone tought the diffculty was to high for this event, but i also think if every objective event going forward just follows the set recipe: complete objective 1 before being able to complete objective 2, with a bit of an easier curve, the eventtype will become boring as hell real soon as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    The Objective Events are nothing new - click more buttons, lab rats. I still have 600+ crew sat in the freezer doing nothing. And many on my active roster doing nothing.
  • Options
    I finished with about 10 minutes to spare, but honestly that was my own fault. I goofed and missed out on a three hour shuttle cycle, otherwise I would've finished it sooner. I do still think it would be better to count it as when you send the shuttle out as opposed to when it comes back to make it consistent with any other shuttle sending achievement in the game, but otherwise I was able to make it all work out.
    Shan wrote: »
    They might require to approach things differently, and/or think about your gameplay in a new way.

Now that sounds interesting.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Objective Events will vary greatly, the tech behind them offers a lot of flexibility to them, which is good.

While some objective events will be similar to how we did temporary achievements in the past, the majority will be actual events, with their own challenges. They might require to approach things differently, and/or think about your gameplay in a new way.

Thanks for the response. I like the thought of more variety in how they're structured. We've all gotten spoiled by the old temporary achievements. The fact that this event involved away mission counts, shuttle counts, and gauntlet counts made it feel like the old temporary achievements such that the consecutive requirement stood out. I did like having to think about the timing of when I needed to complete which part to finish on time.

Overall I'd love to see even more variety. Do X to earn a crew. Then do Y to earn a second copy. Now use that crew for Z. I could see a new mission being added with a locked node and you need the crew you earned earlier in the event to have the trait to unlock the node. Then the objective would be 3* that mission. Then the reward from that can be used for something else.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I don't find the new events that interesting, but I'd probably take part if the rewards are decent.

For this one though, it required too much use of shuttle boosts given it was meant to help boost shuttle supplies.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    What with commitments during the week, I can't keep a perfect shuttle schedule. I guess I could've still finished if I'd used boosters, but what with the rewards, I didn't feel motivated to do so.

I was hoping objective events would give us something to do with all the crew, but at least from this beta, it seems that's not going to be the case.
  • Options
    My only issue is the rewards in phase 3 are lame compared to phase 2.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    My feedback for what it's worth:
    • How about rewards like a legendary cite, SR cite, +1 crew slot (once or twice a year?), etc. I think these should have rewards that aren't easy to get in other places (for example, don't do trainers, replicator rations, merits, etc - stuff that is plentiful in other spots in the game).

Agreeing with about all that's been included in this thread, but wanting to highlight/strongly agree with this one. I don't want to have to put time, effort, and use 3* time reducers to earn... ... ...
    4* time reducers.
    Give us something worth going for, please.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chuft Captain is having a good couple of weeks. Event crew last week and bonus Maverick crew this week.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    I don't find the new events that interesting, but I'd probably take part if the rewards are decent.

For this one though, it required too much use of shuttle boosts given it was meant to help boost shuttle supplies.
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    What with commitments during the week, I can't keep a perfect shuttle schedule. I guess I could've still finished if I'd used boosters, but what with the rewards, I didn't feel motivated to do so.

I was hoping objective events would give us something to do with all the crew, but at least from this beta, it seems that's not going to be the case.

Using Shuttle Boosts to get Shuttle Boosts clearly shows that the whole thing could have been better thought out. The timing is so tight that many people had to use Shuttle Boosts in order to complete Tasks, so they could then get some Shuttle Boosts. Bad design and execution.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I completed it with about an hour to spare. I think I had a time advantage being on the West Coast of US. I think if you sent shuttles with even a 30 minute time boost (aka 1*), that would be 20 shuttles in 12.5 hours instead of 15 hours. That 2.5 hours alone would be enough to overcome a time disadvantage from most places in the world. IMO.

Overall It was fine, but the "prizes" were lackluster at best. I'm sure a lot of people could use the extra chrons, especially right before a Skirmish, but if you threw in some single portals, some dils (even small amounts), and maybe a constellation or two, it would be so much better!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    a total of 20 shuttle mission...
    if you have 4 shuttles, that 5x sending shuttles. 5x3h == 15h.
    And then we still need to start the gauntlet milestone. And all that within 24h...

I understand you want to sell shuttle tokens and whatever.
    But for a beta isn't that a bit steep?
    Arnie wrote: »

Selene 7 wrote: »

Using Shuttle Boosts to get Shuttle Boosts clearly shows that the whole thing could have been better thought out. The timing is so tight that many people had to use Shuttle Boosts in order to complete Tasks, so they could then get some Shuttle Boosts. Bad design and execution.

IMHO, this was a test event. You could do 5x4 shuttle rounds=15 hours or you could also do 4x5 shuttle round (1 rental per round 4 total rental and you had 3 of those on the prizes) in the end with the 4x round of 5 shuttles with the prizes you only ended investing 1 rental token, the rest was recovered, add to that 200 chronitons, that we all save, but then recovered with the shuttle part of the event with a huge surplus. I would not complain about that the prizes were not as good as I would have expected, but still was easily doable...
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Objective Events will vary greatly, the tech behind them offers a lot of flexibility to them, which is good.

While some objective events will be similar to how we did temporary achievements in the past, the majority will be actual events, with their own challenges. They might require to approach things differently, and/or think about your gameplay in a new way.

Looking forward to it. Surprise us!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the item reward pop-ups had a shorter animation duration, similar to what happens when you tap on a gauntlet or galaxy crafting animation to speed it up. I quite like that change and would love to see it implemented in other event types to save players from spam tapping the screen just to speed up all the crafting or reward animations.
    It would be nice to see all of the animations for events and arena sped up.