Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event - Scars of History - 2021-12-02 ME#1

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I would agree that Archer should have Vulcan trait since he possessed a Vulcan Katra that episode except that he was so awful to the Vulcans the whole series. T’pol would have left one month into the mission and not looked back.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt Memory Alpha cares about copyright, Larry Nemachek feels they borrowed liberally from his books.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Ancient Humanoid's flavor text is just a straight copy/paste from the first sentence on its Memory Alpha page, not even bothering to fix the capitalization.

mckfn53opgew.png

xpad26bkxp3k.png

I'm really appreciative that WRG has brought back flavor text consistently for new crew and feel that it adds a lot to the characters, but this seems like another placeholder mistake a la Tribble Sato or Lt. JG Sam Lavelle. Would love to see it updated at some point.

Copying from Memory Alpha for a commercial game is also likely a violation of the Memory Alpha copyright.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Memory_Alpha:Creative_Commons_License

I played a game one time that had to replace EVERY Item artwork in the game. It was all copied from copyrighted sources. Surely WRG would not just go plagiarizing the work of others without clearing it? This is not high school history.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancient Humanoid's flavor text is just a straight copy/paste from the first sentence on its Memory Alpha page, not even bothering to fix the capitalization.

mckfn53opgew.png

xpad26bkxp3k.png

I'm really appreciative that WRG has brought back flavor text consistently for new crew and feel that it adds a lot to the characters, but this seems like another placeholder mistake a la Tribble Sato or Lt. JG Sam Lavelle. Would love to see it updated at some point.

Copying from Memory Alpha for a commercial game is also likely a violation of the Memory Alpha copyright.

I played a game one time that had to replace EVERY Item artwork in the game. It was all copied from copyrighted sources. Surely WRG would not just go plagiarizing the work of others without clearing it? This is not high school history.

They wouldn't intentionally do it, but I also doubt they explicitly check for it before releasing a character. It's very likely that someone put in a copy/paste from Memory Alpha as an initial placeholder while developing the card, then they forgot about it, and the card got released with the copied placeholder text.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

mckfn53opgew.png

xpad26bkxp3k.png

They wouldn't intentionally do it, but I also doubt they explicitly check for it before releasing a character. It's very likely that someone put in a copy/paste from Memory Alpha as an initial placeholder while developing the card, then they forgot about it, and the card got released with the copied placeholder text.

Placeholder got missed makes sense. Maybe they should consider not copy/pasting from other sites for placeholders, though. Would avoid this kind of accident.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I'm just excited that, in what I assume is an early Festivus miracle, the recurring threshold crew is not DIP primary. I was beginning to wonder if there was some rule I had missed that these crew always need to be DIPs. SCI and ENG are always welcome, but Q as God knows I certainly don't need more 4* DIP primaries!
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

mckfn53opgew.png

xpad26bkxp3k.png

Placeholder got missed makes sense. Maybe they should consider not copy/pasting from other sites for placeholders, though. Would avoid this kind of accident.

There is a reason Lorem ipsum exists. It prevents you from doing something like this and the Sato text.

I just had to give you a vote up for that because that is precisely what I said about Lorem ipsum during the “haiku” kerfuffle. 👍😀
  • Options
    I'm just excited that, in what I assume is an early Festivus miracle, the recurring threshold crew is not DIP primary. I was beginning to wonder if there was some rule I had missed that these crew always need to be DIPs. SCI and ENG are always welcome, but Q as God knows I certainly don't need more 4* DIP primaries!

vdsx7kf6ldq7.jpeg

“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    'Archer' gets a bonus in this event. Does that include Karyn Archer? Just asking as I was told that last weeks event specified 'J. O'Brien' specifically to rule out Molly. Thank you.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Archer' gets a bonus in this event. Does that include Karyn Archer? Just asking as I was told that last weeks event specified 'J. O'Brien' specifically to rule out Molly. Thank you.

jy1w8oqm55jo.jpeg
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it will not include Karyn Archer.
  • Options
    Thank you very much :)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    Ancient Humanoid is set to have the "cultural figure" trait, it is part of next week's server release.

Guess it was not? Or did u mean tomorrows server push?

kcapi3hclpqs.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancient Humanoid is set to have the "cultural figure" trait, it is part of next week's server release.

kcapi3hclpqs.jpeg

This week's server release has not taken place yet.
  • Options

kcapi3hclpqs.jpeg

This week's server release has not taken place yet.

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Confused it with the server push for today‘s new tuesday pack. My bad.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    So whose idea was it to give us an objective event that requires 200 Federation shuttle missions be completed and then immediately start a faction event that doesn’t include Federation…?

You don t really expect an answer, right? 😉
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    So whose idea was it to give us an objective event that requires 200 Federation shuttle missions be completed and then immediately start a faction event that doesn’t include Federation…?

And whose idea was it to to have a cultural figure mega and not give any of the crew that trait. It's almost like the right hand doesn't talk to the left.

# of Mega Crew so far with Cultural Figure: 1
    # of Mega Crew so far with Duelist: 2

Are we sure this isn't a stealth Duelist mega?
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a Historian mega.

I can support that.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.