Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event - Scars of History - 2021-12-02 ME#1

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in The Bridge
Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18761/faction-event-notes-scars-of-history-2021-12-02-me-1/

The event announcement in game will be delayed, we are dealing with a non compliant art asset :)

Compliance has been achieved, the event is now visible in the Event Hub.

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Without skill boosts, Sahil is the #3 overall Voyager in the game now and Ancient Humanoid comes in at #8 (and is the new #1 SCI base). That's some much needed power creep - thank you for listening!
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Without skill boosts, Sahil is the #3 overall Voyager in the game now and Ancient Humanoid comes in at #8. That's some much needed power creep - thank you for listening!

Agreed. Let‘s hope they continue the power creep on main cast crew as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    Maybe TP should stop basing things around traits if they aren’t willing to get the traits right.

Let's hear your ideas for how to retool every part of the game that uses traits.

That would be... Events, Away Missions (The Galaxy Map), Gauntlet, Voyages, Collections, Crew Retrieval.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This mega is off to a weird start. WRG picked 'Divine being' and 'Historical retelling of man who ended 700 years of strife' as the two crew to kick off their Cultural Figure mega and gave neither of them the Cultural Figure trait. Not only does that make them useless for the rest of the month, but it's just not true to the show and makes their inclusions make that much less sense.

3 5* and no Cultural Figures
    1 4* and no Cultural Figures

This shouldn't be so hard. Sigh...
  • Options
    Maybe TP should stop basing things around traits if they aren’t willing to get the traits right.

Let's hear your ideas for how to retool every part of the game that uses traits.

That would be... Events, Away Missions (The Galaxy Map), Gauntlet, Voyages, Collections, Crew Retrieval.

That‘s not his job, it‘s WRG‘s!
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

If TP wants to take me on as a consultant, I’m all ears. I doubt they could afford my hourly rate though.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sahil Voy #2 baby! Yeaaah. Shame about the skillset...and that he's on screen for 40s but I will take that to finally get competitive crew again!
  • Options
    Sahil Voy #2 baby! Yeaaah. Shame about the skillset...and that he's on screen for 40s but I will take that to finally get competitive crew again!

Just to get a chance for the 9th best voyager in ancient humanoid
  • Options
    By name, I recognized only three of the incoming nine. Obviously, Kira was one of them. I know who K'mpec is but even with having seen "Reunion" as many times as I have I doubt I'd have remembered him by name if he hadn't been in the Premiere Edition of Decipher's CCG. If I hadn't ended up with Sahil in his event and not 86'd him as I've almost done a hundred times, I'd have forgotten his name. If he hadn't been so prominently featured in Disco's third season trailer, I'd have forgotten him entirely.

I don't say this as criticism and I'm not complaining. Neither my memory or level of interest are things that WR should accommodate. I've had my fair share of treats over the years. There are players who know Quarren or Syrran, and are excited to get them. I'm happy for them! Still, the point remains that unless the new Objectives offer anything more interesting than they did in their debut, I'm looking to be bored until the week 4 Skirmish at the end of the year.
  • Options
    By name, I recognized only three of the incoming nine. Obviously, Kira was one of them. I know who K'mpec is but even with having seen "Reunion" as many times as I have I doubt I'd have remembered him by name if he hadn't been in the Premiere Edition of Decipher's CCG. If I hadn't ended up with Sahil in his event and not 86'd him as I've almost done a hundred times, I'd have forgotten his name. If he hadn't been so prominently featured in Disco's third season trailer, I'd have forgotten him entirely.

I don't say this as criticism and I'm not complaining. Neither my memory or level of interest are things that WR should accommodate. I've had my fair share of treats over the years. There are players who know Quarren or Syrran, and are excited to get them. I'm happy for them! Still, the point remains that unless the new Objectives offer anything more interesting than they did in their debut, I'm looking to be bored until the week 4 Skirmish at the end of the year.

You‘re right. Just noticed, that besides Kira, there is no new main cast crew at all.
    Not sure that‘s the way to lure in any new players.
    They see an event or pack and go „Who the *** are these folks?“.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, this list of crew is pretty obscure. I had to google 3 of the names myself. And Kira and K’mpec are the only two I'd think are remotely recognizable. Also Arev(Syrran) and K'mpec are the only ones I see possibly being cultural figures.

On the plus side, I like the order of events. I'd rather have Hybrid, Galaxy, Faction, Skirmish, but I think Faction, Galaxy, Hybrid, Skirmish is my second favorite option.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. Doing Thanksgiving now actually.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Upon consideration, there is one thing I appreciate about this event on a theoretical level. Because none of the other new crew have variants, by default only one week will feature two crew with any. It's better for newer players that it be in a Faction event (most bonus crew helpful) and in the first week (when they'll have the fewest crew).

That said, Kira specifically stands to expand the gap between the Haves and the Have Nots in the rank table. Only three of her existing variants are 4*'s: Anastasia Komananov, Cardassian Kira, and Niners Kira. The remainder consist of lowly 2* Major Kira and seven 5*s, one of which is not yet in circulation via Crew Retrieval or the Time Portal (Luma Rahl Kira) thereby unattainable for anyone who didn't get her in June. Here's the breakdown on the overall pool:

105 total Cultural Figures
    -89 available via Crew Retrieval and/or the Time Portal

61 total 5* crew
    -1 5* Fused crew (Reunion Spock and Kirk)
    -2 5* Gauntlet jackpots (Locutus of Borg and The Caretaker)
    -2 5* Honor Hall crew (Kahless the Unforgettable and Captain Tribble)
    -11 5* unavailable non-exclusive crew since the last Portal update

34 total 4* crew
    -29 4* available via Crew Retrieval and/or the Time Portal
    -2 4* Voyage exclusives (Ensign Picard and Lucien)
    -3 4* unavailable 4* non-exclusive crew since the last Portal update (Anxious Kirk, Resigned Picard, Henry Starling)

10 total Cadets (2* x2, 3* x8)
    -1 3* Achievement reward (Commanding Officer Sisko)
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know who K'mpec is but even with having seen "Reunion" as many times as I have I doubt I'd have remembered him by name if he hadn't been in the Premiere Edition of Decipher's CCG.

Ha, I made the same connection. He was only an uncommon so I have 20-odd copies of him lying around.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Give characters the Traits that apply to them. Next question?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Will Arev count as a variant of Surak? I would think he does. It's a bit like Cheesecake and Indignant Sevens counting as Doc or Katra McCoy being Vulcan.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You‘re right. Just noticed, that besides Kira, there is no new main cast crew at all.
    Not sure that‘s the way to lure in any new players.
    They see an event or pack and go „Who the *** are these folks?“.

It makes sense from a story perspective, at least. Cultural Figure and main cast rarely intersect, aside from Sisko. And in the last month-ish we've had a new Rom, O'Brien, Doc, Tilly, Tilly, and Kira.

These things come and go. In the last mega, main cast were 4 of the 9 new crew (if you count Q and Barclay) and two megas ago main cast were 8 of the 9. Personally I enjoy seeing the one-offs get represented - main cast already have lots of options to play with and will get more in the future.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Arev count as a variant of Surak? I would think he does. It's a bit like Cheesecake and Indignant Sevens counting as Doc or Katra McCoy being Vulcan.

Surak has Cultural Figure, so he'll get the bonus regardless.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert Archer should have the Vulcan trait too.
  • Options
    Technically, I think that pose was before the mind meld, so no katra.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    Why should Desert Archer have the Vulcan trait? Isn't he from that season 1 episode on the desert world that Geskana Tucker is from and not from the trilogy of episodes in season 4 set on Vulcan ?
  • Options
    Nope, the desert jacket and bag make him from early in "The Forge".
    https://i.pinimg.com/736x/79/13/f2/7913f255152095256f08471401ebe0c3--star-trek-crushes.jpg
    Though, it is before the mind meld, so no katra.