Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event - Scars of History - 2021-12-02 ME#1

13»

Comments

• Options
    So I had a shuttle fail that was at 99% and then I even added a boost on top for extra insurance. And it failed. That is just absolutely wild
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a 98% with a boost that failed four times in a row. It was crazy too.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    And now another 99% fail. These shuttles are failing at a higher rate than usual for me even with them having a higher than usual %. Hope it improves before the end.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now another 99% fail. These shuttles are failing at a higher rate than usual for me even with them having a higher than usual %. Hope it improves before the end.

Same for me. Having several fails at 99%. Something is off... Never experienced something like this
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had issues last time, but I've only missed one 97% shuttle so far this time. It is odd to fail at so high a number, but I've received pollstars or constellations or whatever the proper term is at 2%.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny Shuttle is funny.

d7pvmrshwh9x.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny Shuttle is funny.

d7pvmrshwh9x.png

Did it succeed or fail?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event seems notably more difficult--or, rather, more competitive--than usual.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event seems notably more difficult--or, rather, more competitive--than usual.

There are a lot of cultural figures. People have deep rosters and are sending out a lot of shuttles with high success rates. There is also a strong crew as the reward incentivizing people to push further.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

There are a lot of cultural figures. People have deep rosters and are sending out a lot of shuttles with high success rates. There is also a strong crew as the reward incentivizing people to push further.

And many of those cultural figures were mega recurring legendaries the older players all got 4/5 of.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Funny Shuttle is funny.

d7pvmrshwh9x.png

Did it succeed or fail?

Succeeded. Odds may have been 83%, but Archer was 100%!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? I managed my first Faction top 1500. My internet must have been really, really holding me back.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Really? I managed my first Faction top 1500. My internet must have been really, really holding me back.

This event : 525.798 - rank 2.011 almost my goal :(
    Last faction event: 568.093 - rank 1.3990
    Second last: 488.393 - rank 1.642

Faction is the hardest event to get into top 1.500
  • Options
    Wow. Thanks for that. It's been so long since I was competitive in an event, because of my internet/Kindle issues, I lost track of that sort of thing. Top 5000 was a good week for me.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

Yay! Router must have done the trick!

zwt89te1oxb9.gif
  • Options
    Something worked. It must be the new router/Kindle combo. I'm now very curious about how Skirmishes will be. They've been so troublesome, I routinely ended the events with between 35-55k Intel unused, simply because the thing crashed so often, I ran out of time. We shall see... >:)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a ton of boosts and the time to play, so I did a lot more than I usually do. Finished with just over 1M points at rank 250. A couple years ago, I had just over 1M points in Little John Riker's event - and finished 25th.

That's a big gap in time, so I'm not sure how much it says about the competition in the latest event, but I found it to be an interesting commentary on faction event scoring in general.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    In general, it sure seemed like the competition this event was strong. Probably a combination of a strong 5* card and that there were extra boosts, etc. available from the Beta Objective event.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

And many of those cultural figures were mega recurring legendaries the older players all got 4/5 of.

Older?! I am a spring chicken.

Established, perhaps. :)