Home The Bridge

Festive Season Dabo sale and give aways

13»

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player in my fleet has no USS Discovery. Not sure what that player is supposed to do about it.
    Let’s fly!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Player in my fleet has no USS Discovery. Not sure what that player is supposed to do about it.

Complete 100 Federation Shuttle Missions has enough schematics to get the Disco to level 1.

Good to know. Thanks. Means a lot of shuttles before the other part.
    Let’s fly!
  • I have a few complaints about the Resistance Burnham event...
    First off, is the need to level her up PAST level 90 to get one achievement...
    w3ofgi7ksami.png
    qybc0anaskeh.png

Another complaint is the fact that they use percentage bars to track progress.
    5xefc4zfobc6.png

I want to know exactly how many battles and shuttle missions I need to finish the event, not 75.2%!
  • Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I agree about the %, but it clearly says level 90 times, not get to level 90. that means level 91 to get the achievement.

I dunno, I think it's a stupid mechanic. If they're gonna spend the time to get us to level her up to 91, may as well say "Level to 100". Who boosts a character up a tier without leveling the character to the max??
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash41 wrote: »
    I agree about the %, but it clearly says level 90 times, not get to level 90. that means level 91 to get the achievement.

I dunno, I think it's a stupid mechanic. If they're gonna spend the time to get us to level her up to 91, may as well say "Level to 100". Who boosts a character up a tier without leveling the character to the max??

The difference is level to 100 can be accomplished by taking an existing card from 99 to 100.

Level 90 times can also be accomplished by leveling 10 crew from 1 to 10, 3 crew from 1 to 31, or any other combination you want.

They could make the objective level 89 times but that would look weird in the objective list.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The difference is level to 100 can be accomplished by taking an existing card from 99 to 100.

Level 90 times can also be accomplished by leveling 10 crew from 1 to 10, 3 crew from 1 to 31, or any other combination you want.

They could make the objective level 89 times but that would look weird in the objective list.

But, it could make the oh so helpful percentages instead of actual numbers even more helpful!!!!!

vnw1cjdio0fg.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Crash41Crash41 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Yes, but this is for a specific crew member. I think that leveling a single crew member to 10 (or 90 in this case) makes more sense than leveling 10 (or 90) times since Level 1 is NOT part of the count.
    If they would just stick to the base-10 system instead of forcing you to gear up the crew member for ONE STUPID LEVEL, the event would be just as exciting and just as rewarding.

And again, if you have a character at level 91, or even 51 or 11, do you leave them there? I know I don't. I train them up to the max, 100, 60, 20, whatever. Having the system be "Level Resistance Burnham to 90" makes eminently more sense than leveling her up 90 times. You're still accomplishing the same goal, but the way it is now, they're forcing people who think like I do to level her up to 100, not 90.
  • OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's stupid.
    No, they're not "forcing" people to level her up to 100.
    In fact, they are not even forcing anybody to take part in this event.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the system be "Level Resistance Burnham to 90" makes eminently more sense than leveling her up 90 times. You're still accomplishing the same goal, but the way it is now, they're forcing people who think like I do to level her up to 100, not 90.

I levelled her up to 91. I got my OE done and saved the rest for latter. Especially since I had to wait for her gun. I assumed (correctly) that there would be more events later.

Its not like there was a Burnham event or Collection threshold coming up where I would've needed her.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Yes, but this is for a specific crew member. I think that leveling a single crew member to 10 (or 90 in this case) makes more sense than leveling 10 (or 90) times since Level 1 is NOT part of the count.
    If they would just stick to the base-10 system instead of forcing you to gear up the crew member for ONE STUPID LEVEL, the event would be just as exciting and just as rewarding.

And again, if you have a character at level 91, or even 51 or 11, do you leave them there? I know I don't. I train them up to the max, 100, 60, 20, whatever. Having the system be "Level Resistance Burnham to 90" makes eminently more sense than leveling her up 90 times. You're still accomplishing the same goal, but the way it is now, they're forcing people who think like I do to level her up to 100, not 90.

They got you.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Having the system be "Level Resistance Burnham to 90" makes eminently more sense than leveling her up 90 times. You're still accomplishing the same goal, but the way it is now, they're forcing people who think like I do to level her up to 100, not 90.

I levelled her up to 91. I got my OE done and saved the rest for latter. Especially since I had to wait for her gun. I assumed (correctly) that there would be more events later.

Its not like there was a Burnham event or Collection threshold coming up where I would've needed her.

Congratulations on not suffering from the legitimate, documented medical disorder some of us suffer with every day, I guess?
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • hermdelicahermdelica ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I levelled my second, third and fourth copies of her up to 10 before merging, which counted towards the goal.