Options

6 Year Anniversary Giveaway Crew Ideas

13»

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    I was wondering about the skills most. Culber is likely to have med, Adira might have eng, and Saru will probably have sci or dip. Does anyone recognize these pics? I'm still on S2. If someone knows the scenes (assuming they've aired already), maybe they can posit a guess at the skills.

I like saru, but culber and adira both could be useful, depending on the skillset.

They're the promo stills from Season 4, if I'm not mistaken, so just generic "this is where they are at this stage of the show." Culber would presumably be MED primary, with DIP and SCI if I had to guess. Saru CMD primary, DIP and SEC or SCI. I literally have no clue what they might give Gray other than DIP.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Also, WRG is not going to invest in the art for 2 characters they're not using. We will likely see all 3 in the game eventually. The other two will just be event crew or Tuesday packs.

Yep, we'll get them all eventually. I really don't have a preference. I'm neither invested in a character nor seeing one of the likely skill sets as immediately useful to me. I don't think I'll vote. It doesn't matter to me, so I'm not going to possibly affect the outcome with a random tap.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    I was wondering about the skills most. Culber is likely to have med, Adira might have eng, and Saru will probably have sci or dip. Does anyone recognize these pics? I'm still on S2. If someone knows the scenes (assuming they've aired already), maybe they can posit a guess at the skills.

I like saru, but culber and adira both could be useful, depending on the skillset.

That's actually Gray.
    He got a Soong replacement body last week. The long hair matches his new look as of this week's episode. I do not remember it being so long in Season Three. But that was a season ago!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Selene 7 I seem to recall that there was an issue with Celia Lovsky (TOS T’Pau). Could just be as simple as that she’s dead, which obviously complicates permissions. I absolutely agree about those versions of Spock and Kirk though.
  • Options
    ok. i know you'll all hate me but After Show Wesley Crusher aka Wil Wheaton. :)
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I associate gray with adira and had a mental hiccup. Thanks DSH.

I went with Culber for the potential med crew. I also thought his art looked best. As a fleetmate pointed out, Saru's pose looks like something out of Zoolander.
  • Options
    Hard choice - they're all excellent characters. I ended up choosing Grey because I'm especially interested in their S3 arc, and they don't have a legendary variant yet.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    @Selene 7 I seem to recall that there was an issue with Celia Lovsky (TOS T’Pau). Could just be as simple as that she’s dead, which obviously complicates permissions.

Thanks, yes I was suspecting it. I know TOS is more difficult for the permissions, sigh.
  • Options
    I voted for Culber. MED and CMD would be great:)
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @Shan - dunno if it’s too late but why not a contest to let people design a ‘Timelines Original’ character, submit the artwork and the winner gets to see their character made up in the actual game? Some of these ideas in this thread are pretty good and I bet there are all sorts of talented, creative types who could bring them to life.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Agent/Gul/Legate Seska. We need more female Cardassians.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »
    Agent/Gul/Legate Seska. We need more female Cardassians.

Gul Ocett from the same episode as Ancient Humanoid? Not female, but still no Evek either!
  • Options
    @Shan - dunno if it’s too late but why not a contest to let people design a ‘Timelines Original’ character, submit the artwork and the winner gets to see their character made up in the actual game? Some of these ideas in this thread are pretty good and I bet there are all sorts of talented, creative types who could bring them to life.

There is a lot of background activity behind approving a new character. It's not just WRG and the actor who played the character involved in the approval process. If people feel like there are a lot of Disco or Picard show characters at certain times of the year, there is a reason, for example.

There can even be contractual clauses that limit when and if a character can be released. That is what caused TowelGate.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It is 100% too late for the 6th anniversary. But it's a cool idea to start working on for the 7th anniversary. Model it after Lego Ideas. Players submit initial ideas. See which ones get the most votes. Then go through a vetting by WRG staff. Then the final list of approved ideas is put in another poll and players select the winner. Then that card gets to be added as the 7th year anniversary giveaway.
  • Options
    Given that this is Disco season, I would have rather had choices of Captain Saru, Kovich, or T'Rina

rp98jv53st4l.jpeg
    db2ym1mwvy7k.jpeg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    The Gray character is an annoying storyline and there are plenty of Saru options, plus Culber is an underutilized character - my vote will definitely be for Culber!

Strongly disagree as does Wil Wheaton. Representing those not previously represented is great and I am glad Discovery is doing that.

I'm absolutely loving the representation we're getting in Disco - it may be a SJW show, but so was every Trek that came before it, whether people like it or not. Gray's storyline is a beautiful representation of any person's quest to be seen for who they are, and IMO you don't need to be trans to appreciate it from that perspective. The fact that it's being acted out by a trans actor for a trans character is just the cherry on top.

To be fair to @Webberoni , they used the word "annoying" to describe the storyline. Let's not jump on them because we're assuming they find it annoying because its about trans representation.

I welcome Webberoni’s input or clarification on what message was being conveyed. I hope that it was not intended as anti-trans but the statement as is currently constructed comes across that way. Webberoni wrote, “The Gray character is an annoying storyline.” Written that way it is the character Webberoni finds annoying. Especially in regards to us getting a new character in game. If instead Webberoni had written “The Gray character [has] an annoying storyline” in regards to this season then I would agree with your interpretation Robownage.

My inclusion of the word “storyline” was very deliberate, otherwise I would have simply said I didn’t like “Gray” or “the Gray character”. We are celebrating this new season of Disco, so it should have been clear what storyline I was referring to (the Gray ghost arc). A little more thought and a little less knee-jerk reaction, coupled with good old benefit-of-the-doubt, goes a long way. ;)

Glad to hear it was not an anti-trans statement. Sadly there is so much of that these days which is why I pushed back on your ambiguous statement. As you have provided clarification the matter is resolved.

The statement was not ambiguous at all. You read something into, what you wanted to read into. And called the person out for it.

So just because a character is trans, someone is not allowed to dislike
    (of course not because of the reason that its a trans charcter) or critic the character or find it annoying, and if they do they are anti trans or have
    to explain theirself?

If someone finds a male/female/heterosexuell character annoying, nobody would assume firsthand, oh it’s because ur anti male/female/heterosexuell….
    but if it comes up to a trans or non binary charcter, of course first assumption is, that it is because of that and ppl are called out to explain theirselfs.

THAT‘S prejudice as well.

If i dislike or like a character or any real person as, it has zero to do with their gender or sexual orientation(doesn t matter to me), as it shouldn t have at all.

OR... marginalized groups that have suffered centuries of oppression and violence deserve an extra measure of attention and care - and the "effort" required to do so is minuscule compared to the obstacles said groups have faced over the course of history.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Given that this is Disco season, I would have rather had choices of Captain Saru, Kovich, or T'Rina Vulcan Mon Mothma.

rp98jv53st4l.jpeg
    db2ym1mwvy7k.jpeg

Fixed.
  • Options
    Given that this is Disco season, I would have rather had choices of Captain Saru, Kovich, or T'Rina Saru's Girlfriend

rp98jv53st4l.jpeg
    db2ym1mwvy7k.jpeg

Fixed more.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scotty, your Undercover Boss manip is super cool. <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Scotty, your Undercover Boss manip is super cool. <3

I stoleded it off Facebook.

fe9bwm8q718l.jpg
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was interested when people were saying that Tilly is autistic. Mary Wiseman said that Tilly was never written that way, and she did not try and portray her that way.
    Tilly was never specifically described as on the spectrum and it wasn't my intention to play her on the autism spectrum.
    But if your son sees himself and his experiences reflected in Tilly I can't tell you how happy that makes me!
    Your tweets about him have really made my day!

Now to me I found that very interesting. If another person were to say that Tilly had some negative trait, I would not take that as an insult to me, as we are all different.

There have been people posting on social media that she does not fit in, that she is awkward and annoying, even asking for her to be written out of the show. Do I get upset, no. In fact I am amused because these are traits often seen in autism.

I do not hold her in any special high regard, apart from the fact that I have 40 copies of Off-Duty Tilly in my crew. I see a character with traits in common with me, I like it, but I don't feel the need to complain when others hate her.

Now I am going to leave this topic, unless it is a direct answer to this message.