Home The Bridge
Options

6 Year Anniversary Giveaway Crew Ideas

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in The Bridge
Who would you like to see as the free giveaway crew for the 6 year anniversary? I'd like to give a few ideas who it could be or who I'd love it to be.

Eris - The first Vorta ever seen on television, last episode of Season 2 (DS9), with telekinetic powers and a bold plan. Trait suggestions: Telekinetic, Vorta, Dominion, Spy, Communicator, Resourceful - Profession suggestions: DIP, CMD, SCI/ENG - Skill suggestion: Voyage-Shuttle (high primary and secondary base, low bracket values).

Talak'talan - The first Jem'Hadar ever seen on television, last episode of Season 2 (DS9). Trait suggestions: Dominion, Jem'Hadar, Brutal, Soldier - Profession suggestions: SEC, CMD - Skill suggestion: Shuttle (high primary, low bracket values).

Gareb - Brother of Jhamel, pilot of the Romulan drone ship(s) in the ENT Season 4 episode "The Aenar". Trait suggestions: Telepath, Aenar, Andorian, Pilot - Profession suggestions: CMD, ENG, SCI - Skill suggestion: Voyage-Gauntlet (low base values, high bracket for primary and secondary at least).

Talla - Daughter of Jhamel and Shran in the series finale "These Are The Voyages" (ENT/TNG). Trait suggestions: Aenar, Andorian, Telepath/Empath - Profession suggestions: SCI - Skill suggestion: Shuttle (super-high base in the 1700s, as it's her only profession).
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luau Picard
  • Options
    Luau Picard

Luau Janeway & Chakotay fusion card
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

0osxg6e6yegv.jpg
    s3wrcsnyx8yb.jpg
    k7xu4ysqmnxg.jpg

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Gareb - Brother of Jhamel, pilot of the Romulan drone ship(s) in the ENT Season 4 episode "The Aenar". Trait suggestions: Telepath, Aenar, Andorian, Pilot - Profession suggestions: CMD, ENG, SCI - Skill suggestion: Voyage-Gauntlet (low base values, high bracket for primary and secondary at least).

Don't forget the " Prisoner" trait. He definitely rates that.

Previous CD crew:
    First Year- Convergence Day Quark (DS9)? [Not sure and haven't seen anything definite]
    Second Year- Mariachi Q (TNG)- Good Dip/Sec for the time
    Third Year- Seven in Silver (Voy)- Solid Eng/Sci numbers
    Fourth Year- Dr. "Bones" McCoy (TOS)- MED beast
    Fifth Year- Luau Paris (Voy)- Decent Dip/Com numbers

I'd say Animated, Enterprise, Disco, or Picard for balance. A Sci primary would be good.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all the suggestions.

How about Carl?

Be an interesting choice. Maybe with his Time Portal Form as a background?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    Assimilated Spock...A man can dream, can't he?! :D

Charlie X and Stabbed Picard too!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be able to choose between three pre-selected characters, versions of Saru, Culber and Gray from Discovery season 4.

Keep the suggestions coming though!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    VOTE FOR CULBER WOOOOO! A MED crew giveaway beats another CMD/DIP/SEC.

Consider it done. (Also Culber is awesome, so there's that too)
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, all votes must be upon Culber!
  • Options
    There are four lights!
  • Options
    CULBER! For the love of god we need decent MED crew.
  • Options
    I want to see the stats before I get hasty. The Disco choices might annoy some, but it gives a bit of balance to the CD giveaway crew. Maybe Enterprise or Picard next time...or SNW.
    A mid-level Med would pad my roster a bit more, but Culber already has 2 top 10 Med base crew and Med at the top end has some of the best bases in the game.
    Science base is needing some serious creep at the top end. The fourth best Engineer beats the top Sci crew. The best Sec crew beats the best Sci by 50 points. The other three skills top it so badly, it's embarrassing. A good Sci Saru could help that.
    Grey would likely be Dip and some proficiencies might be better there, though Eng and Sci could also use a bit of help there.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I want to see the stats before I get hasty. The Disco choices might annoy some, but it gives a bit of balance to the CD giveaway crew. Maybe Enterprise or Picard next time...or SNW.
    A mid-level Med would pad my roster a bit more, but Culber already has 2 top 10 Med base crew and Med at the top end has some of the best bases in the game.
    Science base is needing some serious creep at the top end. The fourth best Engineer beats the top Sci crew. The best Sec crew beats the best Sci by 50 points. The other three skills top it so badly, it's embarrassing. A good Sci Saru could help that.
    Grey would likely be Dip and some proficiencies might be better there, though Eng and Sci could also use a bit of help there.

Base yes, Voyage...not so much, we're lacking in the same power for MED/CMD that the CMD/DIP/SEC crowd has, it's terribly imbalanced.
  • Options
    Give us MED/CMD baller Culber. Ideally Primary/Secondary.
  • Options
    Culber keeps getting all the cool uniforms. Every season.

68lvjksc5k2w.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    You will be able to choose between three pre-selected characters, versions of Saru, Culber and Gray from Discovery season 4.

May I ask why "keep the suggestions coming"? If we are being limited to "choosing" from a tightly limited pool that was already selected by the company?

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    The Gray character is an annoying storyline and there are plenty of Saru options, plus Culber is an underutilized character - my vote will definitely be for Culber!

Strongly disagree as does Wil Wheaton. Representing those not previously represented is great and I am glad Discovery is doing that.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    edited December 2021

May I ask why "keep the suggestions coming"? If we are being limited to "choosing" from a tightly limited pool that was already selected by the company?

Probably because they like to hear from us as far as what crew we want to see in the game.

Not sure if the quotes are needed regarding "choosing"... it is indeed a choice among 3 crew. Given that in prior years there was no choice and we just got what was decided by WRG (or DB before that) for us, I feel like this is a good thing.

If you don't want to "choose", go ahead and abstain from voting when the poll opens.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it gives them some suggestions as to which crew to develop in the future?
  • Options
    The Gray character is an annoying storyline and there are plenty of Saru options, plus Culber is an underutilized character - my vote will definitely be for Culber!

Strongly disagree as does Wil Wheaton. Representing those not previously represented is great and I am glad Discovery is doing that.

Yeah. Even within the storyline itself, it is creative and unique. Have we EVER {in ANY[/i Star Trek series} had a character that is a sentient, living "echo" of someone who was a Trill host before being killed? Even Mycelial Culber was a different set of circumstances, so the Gray storyline is still unique to my interpretation.

And, there is also the representation factor that Apollo pointed out. It's like Disney/Marvel casting an actual hearing impaired person who is First Nations to play Maya Lopez. Who, in the comics, IS a hearing impaired First Nations member. Or when they cast a hearing impaired person to play Makkari.

Having someone who IS what the character represents is a good thing. I know people for some reason feel "threatened" for some reason when people who are "Different" from them get represented. It's like Bree Larson said though. "Putting more chairs at the table does not kick you out of your chair." And I know I butchered that and did not say it near as well as she did.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Even within the storyline itself, it is creative and unique. Have we EVER {in ANY[/i Star Trek series} had a character that is a sentient, living "echo" of someone who was a Trill host before being killed? Even Mycelial Culber was a different set of circumstances, so the Gray storyline is still unique to my interpretation.

And, there is also the representation factor that Apollo pointed out. It's like Disney/Marvel casting an actual hearing impaired person who is First Nations to play Maya Lopez. Who, in the comics, IS a hearing impaired First Nations member. Or when they cast a hearing impaired person to play Makkari.

Having someone who IS what the character represents is a good thing. I know people for some reason feel "threatened" for some reason when people who are "Different" from them get represented. It's like Bree Larson said though. "Putting more chairs at the table does not kick you out of your chair." And I know I butchered that and did not say it near as well as she did.

Agree, 100%. Plus, I think that Gray's "resurrection" storyline is fascinating, I can't wait to see how it all goes wrong (as these things always do, because drama).
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

I'm absolutely loving the representation we're getting in Disco - it may be a SJW show, but so was every Trek that came before it, whether people like it or not. Gray's storyline is a beautiful representation of any person's quest to be seen for who they are, and IMO you don't need to be trans to appreciate it from that perspective. The fact that it's being acted out by a trans actor for a trans character is just the cherry on top.

To be fair to @Webberoni , they used the word "annoying" to describe the storyline. Let's not jump on them because we're assuming they find it annoying because its about trans representation.
  • Options
    An Admiral McCoy would be perfect for Med/Com. The 35th Anniversary of "Encounter At Farpoint" falls the day before the repeat event ahead of the Oct. 2022 Mega.
    Dr. Lucas from Enterprise, who commanded a medical research facility, would also make a good candidate for that combo.
    I'm a consistent, but not competitive Voyager, so I'm not good about Voyage scores.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Agree, 100%. Plus, I think that Gray's "resurrection" storyline is fascinating, I can't wait to see how it all goes wrong (as these things always do, because drama).

I'll be 100.
    I cried when he woke up. After the transfer. He heard Adira!