Home The Bridge
Options

No objective event

13»

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    The objective events give merits and shuttle tokens for doing little more than dailies. I’m a very long way, away from not needing honour and tokens may at least mean I can really compete in a faction event more often.

They’re hardly for new players.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now to switch to Section 31 Shuttles.

i6bvfzf0arl7.png
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just got 10 gauntlet rounds to go before this one's finished. The 200 Fed shuttles were finished yesterday.

But the point about this OE being difficult for someone with fewer shuttles is s good one. Getting in 10 rounds of shuttles, then the gauntlet rounds, in just 2 days is going to be a massive challenge.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Getting in 10 rounds of shuttles, then the gauntlet rounds, in just 2 days is going to be a massive challenge.

Remembering back to the days of two shuttles with no boosts in game yet....

Twelve shuttles per day. Fourteen with a middle of the night visit to the Captain's Chair.

Sorry, just not seeing it.

Not 100% sure when a VIP0 can buy their first shuttle but I'm not sure I would expect good performance for any event for a beginning player.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Getting in 10 rounds of shuttles, then the gauntlet rounds, in just 2 days is going to be a massive challenge.

Twelve shuttles per day. Fourteen with a middle of the night visit to the Captain's Chair.

Not 100% sure when a VIP0 can buy their first shuttle but I'm not sure I would expect good performance for any event for a beginning player.

The third shuttle is relatively easy to get for VIP0 with collections and free campaign. The fourth shuttle takes time. But not everything should be easy/quick. We don't say Voyages are too hard because a new player can't get the 10 hour achievement without DIL. A new player doesn't expect to complete normal weekend events. They don't expect to complete a new objective event either. I'm fine with the shuttle count here seeming a little out of reach and giving players something to shoot for as they get a 3rd and 4th shuttle.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

The third shuttle is relatively easy to get for VIP0 with collections and free campaign. The fourth shuttle takes time. But not everything should be easy/quick. We don't say Voyages are too hard because a new player can't get the 10 hour achievement without DIL. A new player doesn't expect to complete normal weekend events. They don't expect to complete a new objective event either. I'm fine with the shuttle count here seeming a little out of reach and giving players something to shoot for as they get a 3rd and 4th shuttle.

The danger of that being that the newer players think that there is no hope and abandon the game. Given that I know a lot of players who have quit/are leaning towards quitting, that would be very bad for Timelines’ future.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Peets wrote: »
    The objective events are aimed for newer and active players then for the veteran players.

For me they don't have to wake up in the middle of the night.
    Just change the start time and end time to when someone is in the office.

I think they should then definitely reduce the number of shuttles that need to be sent out and not gate other things behind that part of the event.

If you have less then 4 shuttles it is indeed not easy.
    But WRG makes a game to earn money, so trying people to get the 4 shuttles seems logic.
    The objective events give merits and shuttle tokens for doing little more than dailies. I’m a very long way, away from not needing honour and tokens may at least mean I can really compete in a faction event more often.

They’re hardly for new players.

I've been playing this game for more then a year now.
    After 12 weeks I managed to score in the weekend events above 200K.
    I would also been able to finish the objective easy.
    The chron rewards are still a very bonus for me.
    In those 12 weeks I only bought the monthly dilitium.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Welcome to "Nothing was learned this week"......

Starting on Tuesday, December 21 at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) and until Thursday, December 23, at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) a new Objective Event Beta will take place as a preparation for the Skirmish event that will start on December 23.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have an issue with the number of shuttles, but since it is a prerequisite, it means people have that much less time with the gauntlet chore.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Starting on Tuesday, December 21 at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) and until Thursday, December 23, at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) a new Objective Event Beta will take place as a preparation for the Skirmish event that will start on December 23.

Or they learned what their bug was and fixed it. Maybe they even have someone on call to check when it goes live too. There is plenty they could have learned and done that doesn't involve changing the start time.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

Or they learned what their bug was and fixed it. Maybe they even have someone on call to check when it goes live too. There is plenty they could have learned and done that doesn't involve changing the start time.

They don’t have a great track record with that. I’d hate to be the poor staffer who has to stay up until midnight to make sure an event starts. I’d rather they start at 1pm eastern on Monday and run until the end of Wednesday.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

In an ideal world this would be the case. Someone to check on it, and someone on call to fix it if it goes wrong again. Unfortunately, we live in this world so we'll have to wait and see. But you're right, there's nothing wrong with the start time so long as they're properly prepared this time.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

12 shuttles per day means you have to open the app 6 times. With 4 shuttles that's still 3 times a day. That's a lunatic amount of engagement required in this day and age. That probably means that it is your only source of recreational engagement. Faction events are bad enough, but extending that faction event mentality into the rest of the week is crazy. I haven't even hit 100 shuttles yet in the Burnham Objective event, and yet again the faction event doesn't even have Fed shuttles in it.

It's just waaay too many shuttles required. Those of you who are arguing it's ok are just thinking that you get it, you're not thinking of the people who don't engage with the game the same way you do. I don't run shuttles at all normally outside faction events because there's no reason to so I'm just not in the habit of even thinking of the games in those terms.

I can go days and even weeks without logging in. Skirmish and galaxy events I can do in a burst while watching a movie. Faction events can be done in a weekend, and do require getting into the right mode to do them. But these objective events that require lots of shuttles are ridiculously onerous because they require constant engagement with the game over long periods of time. And it's not even a time thing, it's a 'remembering the game exists' thing. I like the idea of these events, but they are extending the worst event (faction events) into the rest of the week, and that is just a level of engagement I can't attain, because I just don't have that level of mental space for the game.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

12 shuttles per day means you have to open the app 6 times. With 4 shuttles that's still 3 times a day. That's a lunatic amount of engagement required in this day and age. That probably means that it is your only source of recreational engagement. Faction events are bad enough, but extending that faction event mentality into the rest of the week is crazy. I haven't even hit 100 shuttles yet in the Burnham Objective event, and yet again the faction event doesn't even have Fed shuttles in it.

It's just waaay too many shuttles required. Those of you who are arguing it's ok are just thinking that you get it, you're not thinking of the people who don't engage with the game the same way you do. I don't run shuttles at all normally outside faction events because there's no reason to so I'm just not in the habit of even thinking of the games in those terms.

I can go days and even weeks without logging in. Skirmish and galaxy events I can do in a burst while watching a movie. Faction events can be done in a weekend, and do require getting into the right mode to do them. But these objective events that require lots of shuttles are ridiculously onerous because they require constant engagement with the game over long periods of time. And it's not even a time thing, it's a 'remembering the game exists' thing. I like the idea of these events, but they are extending the worst event (faction events) into the rest of the week, and that is just a level of engagement I can't attain, because I just don't have that level of mental space for the game.

Then it's obvious that this event is not aimed for you, the casual player. It's a mobile game.
    There is another mobile game I play casual. Roughly the same time commitment you have for STT. I can never complete any of the events on it.
  • Options

Then it's obvious that this event is not aimed for you, the casual player. It's a mobile game.
    There is another mobile game I play casual. Roughly the same time commitment you have for STT. I can never complete any of the events on it.

The point is that I have been competitive up until now. The best thing about STT was that you can drop in and out of it and it didn't affect your competitiveness at all. I am not even against them creating these midweek events, they will draw me in, but I am saying that making the engagement intensive like this is likely to push some of us away rather than draw us in.

The whole direction the game has gone over the last few years is to make it more casual friendly. Almost every part of the experience (except for shuttle dailies) is doable in one sitting. So, I have only had to think about the game once a day and that's the mode I'm in. I am not against grind, I am not against it being effortful in some way, but I am against it requiring constant attention. That is not the game that it is now, and moving back in that direction will undo some of the goodwill that these events engender. The game is old and has hadn't a new game system added in years. A lot of the game systems that are there are desperately in need of a reimagining (gauntlet has long degenerated into walls of the same characters). I am happy to still spend money on a game that allows me to interact with it casually, but if they start to go backwards and demand my constant attention too that will not end well.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

The point is that I have been competitive up until now. The best thing about STT was that you can drop in and out of it and it didn't affect your competitiveness at all. I am not even against them creating these midweek events, they will draw me in, but I am saying that making the engagement intensive like this is likely to push some of us away rather than draw us in.

The whole direction the game has gone over the last few years is to make it more casual friendly. Almost every part of the experience (except for shuttle dailies) is doable in one sitting. So, I have only had to think about the game once a day and that's the mode I'm in. I am not against grind, I am not against it being effortful in some way, but I am against it requiring constant attention. That is not the game that it is now, and moving back in that direction will undo some of the goodwill that these events engender. The game is old and has hadn't a new game system added in years. A lot of the game systems that are there are desperately in need of a reimagining (gauntlet has long degenerated into walls of the same characters). I am happy to still spend money on a game that allows me to interact with it casually, but if they start to go backwards and demand my constant attention too that will not end well.

The rewards they are giving at the moment are good for "playing less then 1,5 years?" players.
    But those who have been playing for longer won't be much with the rewards. (As I have read) So it shouldn't hurt your casual play?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the next campaign will be Archer and Porthos with maybe a Bashir, like Risa Bashir. :p
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

The rewards they are giving at the moment are good for "playing less then 1,5 years?" players.
    But those who have been playing for longer won't be much with the rewards. (As I have read) So it shouldn't hurt your casual play?

It's less about the rewards really and more that I can't be competitive in the objective event itself, so I feel badly about missing out. I get that that is entirely my problem, but I wanted to share how the game is making me feel. I am a casual player, but I want the objective events to increase my engagement. But when one of the objectives is just impossible for me, that has the opposite effect.

I miss out on the campaign dailies but that doesn't bother me because it's just a 4* (and typically of late a sub par legendary if I was to buy the campaign which clearly I don't do :) ). 200 shuttles over the month means I have to engage with the game 50 times, which is just a lot. And I also didn't know I had to engage that much when it started because the 200 times was gated behind other objectives first. 50 shuttles felt like a lot but doable. I wasn't even able to reach 100. (simply because I didn't think of the game the necessary 25 times.)

Anyway, it is what it is, If whoever owns it now wants my goodwill they'll reduce dramatically the number of shuttles required. If they don't I'll just try to find out in advance if the event requires that much attention and not even start it if it does. But I imagine they'll just start to engender bad will when that happens.

Ideally they make dailies require sending 1 shuttle and all events to need no more than 2-4 average per day.