Home The Bridge
Options

No objective event

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Working on it, the OE will go live soon and will be extended.

Thank you, Shan! Knew y'all would be on it first thing!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    NoblemanDK wrote: »

Shan posted at 0910. Like ten minutes after the office opened, probably.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

What about people who started their dailies and other things post midnight that may have needed those things to count for the OE?
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭

What about people who started their dailies and other things post midnight that may have needed those things to count for the OE?
    The event will be extended, they will complete it later, no problem, excpet that they will be preparing for next year's faction event :P
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMG_2238.png

The lower case i in CREDiTS is quite...something
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMG_2238.png

That's not part of this event. From your screenshot it looks like you are having lag and it prevents the OE to be displayed properly.
  • Options
    IMG_2238.png

That's not part of this event. From your screenshot it looks like you are having lag and it prevents the OE to be displayed properly.

I'd say maybe do a full restart. Restart the device, and then the app.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMG_2238.png

I don't think lag would randomly uncapitalize a letter in the middle of a word...
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OE is now live with an extended duration.
    An in-game mail will be sent out shortly with 100 Chronitons and 500 Merits.

Thanks Shan. But to reiterate what's been said previously; if you've got something going live in the middle of the night, especially if it's still in beta, then you need to have someone available to fix the problems that will come up. And to communicate with your customers, that's almost more important.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMG_2238.png

I mean I pressed the button that said objective event with today's objective on it. Can't go much further wrong than that. Connection is fine but never mind.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I over did it on saving up crew for the objective.

14K honour later....
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Anybody else a little surprised they did not make the 20 Shuttle Missions "Do 20 Shuttle Missions using any Faction except Federation"? Considering how the rest of the OEs have been done?
  • Options
    The complete Gauntlet objective has a pre-requisit for 40 away missions.
    Since 40 away missions has a pre-requisit for 20 shuttles, i'dd expect to see 20 shuttles as pre-requisit for the gauntlet objective as well.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else a little surprised they did not make the 20 Shuttle Missions "Do 20 Shuttle Missions using any Faction except Federation"? Considering how the rest of the OEs have been done?
    Wait until the "complete 20 3-hour shuttle missions" or "Use 20 reward boosts"
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Probably going to skip the immortalise objective- not worth it for trainers, chrons, rations (and a shuttle token). Unless I manage it within 40 away missions tomorrow.
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    Probably going to skip the immortalise objective- not worth it for trainers, chrons, rations (and a shuttle token). Unless I manage it within 40 away missions tomorrow.
    I did that one in a few minutes. Or less. I had copies of people waiting to fuse.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I did that one in a few minutes. Or less. I had copies of people waiting to fuse.

Oh, I had people to fuse (my new crew slots were full of uncommon crew from voyages, some I'd collected 2 of. They also gave me the 90 levels. I just don't have anyone close to completion for the other objective.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding the shuttle missions very onerous. It's one thing to find the time to play the game once or twice a day, but to do 40 shuttle missions in 2 days means having to log in 10 times. (20 times if you haven't bought the extra shuttles), that's kinda insane. I am pro these mini events, but they should not add to the 'work' nature of the game.
  • Options
    Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I'm finding the shuttle missions very onerous. It's one thing to find the time to play the game once or twice a day, but to do 40 shuttle missions in 2 days means having to log in 10 times. (20 times if you haven't bought the extra shuttles), that's kinda insane. I am pro these mini events, but they should not add to the 'work' nature of the game.

It isn't 40 shuttles but 20 shuttles in 2 days. I think that's very doable because it's just one more round of shuttles than dailies.

It's 40 away team missions which is also easy to do.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had originally planned to skip it as well, but I got the 4th copy of SO Tilly from the campaign, so I’m going level her up today for this one.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the mistake on my alt of immortalizing Patar before the achievement was unlocked so now have to do the same for the campaign Tilly.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

It isn't 40 shuttles but 20 shuttles in 2 days. I think that's very doable because it's just one more round of shuttles than dailies.

In the judging if the OE is difficult or not we should stand in shoes of somebody with 2 shuttles NOT 4. This OE are for preparing for next event, which is really helpfull for newer players and most of them do not have 4 shuttles.

That fact is often overlooked when perceiving how something is difficult or not.

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options

Some of us a long time ago gave up on doing dailies. :) I don't even run shuttles outside of events. My long term ability to keep some attention on this game has been to stop doing any activity within the game that doesn't bring me active joy. So no gauntlet, no shuttles, no space battles, just Voyages and events. Shuttles are primarily a source of trainers, something I've long maxed out on or use as replicator fodder.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    The objective events are aimed for newer and active players then for the veteran players.

For me they don't have to wake up in the middle of the night.
    Just change the start time and end time to when someone is in the office.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sneaky adding in gauntlet rounds. Now I have to play gauntlet.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »
    The objective events are aimed for newer and active players then for the veteran players.

For me they don't have to wake up in the middle of the night.
    Just change the start time and end time to when someone is in the office.

I think they should then definitely reduce the number of shuttles that need to be sent out and not gate other things behind that part of the event.