Home The Bridge
Options

No objective event

“Objective Event Beta - Prepare for a Faction Event - 2021/12/14

Starting on Tuesday, December 14 at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) and until Thursday, December 16, at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) a new Objective Event Beta will take place as a preparation for the Hybrid Faction/Galaxy event that will start on December 16.”

Haven’t seen it pop up yet.

Comments

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad it's not just me.
  • Options
    Good thing they called it „Beta“ just in case something went wrong. 😆
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Good thing they called it „Beta“ just in case something went wrong. 😆

Wasnt aware that Star trek Timelines is in betamode :D:p
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh!
    Thx for posting - thought I was mis-reading the time somehow.
  • Options
    Same
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto
  • Options
    As was I.
  • Options
    where oh where has my objective event gone? where oh where can it be?
  • Options
    This delay had better not shorten the event overall. Shuttles followed by gauntlet was going to be a challenge for some players to complete in time anyway, it'll be even worse with less than 48 hours. So long as the end of the event is equally delayed it should be OK.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I'm gunna level and immortalize my crew now and send a ticket for auto-completion. I can't and don't want to wait any longer now with holding back chronitons and not sending new shuttles out. I also have a voyage ready to go and I'd prefer Campaign Sahil to be immortal for more shuttle potential.

Edit: I had actually assumed the event would be live right at Dabo wheel / event end reset.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no OE Mini. Their likely isn't going to be a fix before morning now. If they have delay the end time, it will be way, way close to regular event start. Off to leave a note for my fleet.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Even if the objective event overlaps the actual event, hopefully the only thing people will have outstanding will be the gauntlet battles. And those won't interfere with crew availability for the event. If the objectives had been in a different order it could really have messed things up.

All in all, this is yet another sign that WRG shouldn't schedule things for a midnight start if they're not prepared to have staff available to fix the inevitable problems. And to communicate with the players.
  • Options
    My best guess is that it’s really meant to start at 12 p.m. = noon on Tuesday rather than 12 a.m. = midnight on Tuesday (which as others have noted passed without the objective starting). That would have it starting at the same time as events start.
  • Options
    It clearly states start time as 05:00 UTC, which means they missed launch - shame no message or staff on call to put out a message......oh well, they covered themselves by calling it a "beta"

Maybe as the user in the UAt group we should get a clear definition of how long the "beta" phase is supposed to last and what the expected support levels during the beta phase are?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been five hours since the event was supposed to start, and still no note from anyone? :(
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Jhamel wrote: »
    It's been five hours since the event was supposed to start, and still no note from anyone? :(

Well, they're on the East Coast of the US, so it's 5am for them :-) Since this is a beta test, I'm guessing that the first live test of their scheduler will be deemed "less than successful!"

I did wonder if it would emerge at 0500 EST because of some obscure timezone typo, but apparently not.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if shuttles are being accounted for progress, even if the event isn't showing
  • Options
    timelines_qtimelines_q ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Kanon wrote: »
    I wonder if shuttles are being accounted for progress, even if the event isn't showing

The new objective has no shuttles.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭

The new objective has no shuttles.

I thouht there was a complete 20 shuttles objective.
  • Options
    timelines_qtimelines_q ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Correct, my fault
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct, my fault
    No problem, it's getting really confusing with all the unnamed beta events, I was just triple chacking because of that
  • Options
    SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, the prizes aren't worth the effort anyway. I can easily pass over this particular event. I don't need trainers, rations, boosts, tokens, merits, or chrons. I've hoarded all those items, lol.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Options

If you just just leave them without hitting complete they will count when / if the event starts - I have 16 Cardassian and 4 Maquis just waiting for final completion. It will tie up your crew of course.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why waste tokens?
  • Options
    No tokens required - they were both tanked for the recent event
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, almost 0900 my time and their time. Should be a note soon.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Well, almost 0900 my time and their time. Should be a note soon.

i sense a betting pool starting........my marker is a useful message at 09:42 ET
  • Options
    It was an oversight....