Home The Bridge

Objective Event 21 December 2021 Feedback

DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in The Bridge
Still Percentages instead of how many completed out of how many need to be done. Suggesting again that it would be nice for people to be able to look at simple, plain numbers in the middle of the night. Rather than having to convert percentages in our heads in the middle of the that night.

Be nice to see some variety in place of "Fuse Three Times/Immortalize a Crew". i held Su'Kal this weekend and fused tonight, then equipped his four Items at 100. But, tying up three Crew Slots at Level One might not be convenient for everyone. Especially newer players. {More on that later*.}

24q1hrx7pq9c.jpg

For the Leveling Crew, I Fully Equipped several Crew and then held them at that Level, and leveled them tonight. Options for that exist. {At least if your final few Crew Slots are not tied up with three "loose" Level Ones.}

Preparing ahead sure helps. I was able to do all but the final Task in less than an hour because I had stuff in place. The Tasks are not daunting if you can set up the Crew stuff ahead of time. Just, as I said, some people might not be able to set up ahead of time.

u6c8qlhjdww8.jpg

*As to it being tougher for newer players, newer players are the most likely to need the "bump" in supplies to compete in the Events. I have seen "more established" players say some negative things about whether or not newer players should be able to do the Objective Event. If newer players don't have a chance to at least do okay in Events, they are more likely to get frustrated and quit the game. Losing new players negatively impacts the game. You want new players to become "more established" players. Engagement numbers need to go up. Not go down.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• For the fuse objective I don’t waste spots. I just pull some crew from the credit pulls and fuse some 2* and 3*. I airlock them immediately after. was going to burn them anyway to get as much honor as possible for the sale.
  • Fuses: I kept the various green crew from Voyages for the last 4 or 5 days, and the 5 credit 10-packs from the event thresholds, until I got 3 matches.

Immortalise: I kept one of the grey crew from the above Voyages (in this case Rand, who uses components I have thousands of), smashed her up to L100, checked the Immortalise objective had unlocked and collected the 90 level reward, then finished her off.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Not sure if this behaviour is intentional or not, but it was a nice surprise:

I leveled up 1* Ogawa from 0 to 100 but forgot to claim the leveling achievement before immortalizing her, but was still able to claim both.
  • robownage wrote: »
    Not sure if this behaviour is intentional or not, but it was not a surprise:

I leveled up 1* Ogawa from 0 to 100 but forgot to claim the leveling achievement before immortalizing her, but was still able to claim both.

i noticed this as well - i would like assume that "hitting the mark" is what is required rather than collecting the reward - makes better sense that way
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    What is the plan with these betas? So far none of the feedback (or any other changes for that matter) seem to have been implemented. Should we reiterate our feedback? Mine remains unchanged.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

i noticed this as well - i would like assume that "hitting the mark" is what is required rather than collecting the reward - makes better sense that way

That does seem to be how it works. As soon as you hit the achievement the next one unlocks, whether you've claimed it or not.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

That does seem to be how it works. As soon as you hit the achievement the next one unlocks, whether you've claimed it or not.

And THAT‘S exactly the way as it should be!

Agreed. I just wasn't sure if it was intentional, considering the way the rest of these events are structured.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    The announcement called this:
    "Prepare for a Skirmish Event."
    In game it is called
    "Prepare for Skirmish Event."

The total amount of arena battles was 20 in the announcement, and 15 in game. This is a good thing, as it allows a bit of leeway. It means we have 5 spare battles in case we doing something wrong, e.g. in the wrong order.

My only big issue with this event, is that new players might not have ships for the Admiral Division, and even less likely to have a ship for the Captain Division. These are the players that would need the rewards the most.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the rewards here, I assume they're aimed at newer players (I'm 18 months in and don't really need chrons or supply kits).

Things that would get my interested in completing these would be:
    Portal pulls
    Quantum
    Dilithium
    Super rare citations (Legendary probably too high value to be given as rewards)
    Polestars/ constellations
    Legendary schematics for more recent ship additions

Appreciate some of these would be considered quite high value, so would need to be challenging to achieve, but currently the rewards aren't really worth it for a fairly dull addition to the game. If the mode is designed to help generate supplies for new players to compete in events, then it makes sense in it's current format, but it definitely isn't what it was presented as at the start.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot the event was starting when I was playing right at daily reset. Did my admiral level arena battles and then happened to check the event. Which meant without buying more tickets it would be impossible to finish the event since it requires completion in order.

I decided the extra chronitons from the OE were worth dropping the dilithium on one set of extra arena tickets, but I dont think thats a decision I would be making again.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I held a couple crew I had picked up to fuse until midnight and went to town. The four copies of Lincoln from the discount pack were overkill.
    Martine gave some of the leveling, but I had lots of crew I had equipped and waited to roll over during the weekend. Five or six, maybe more. I got my last copy of Resistance Burnham on Sunday and held onto her until I had finished my 90 levels and three fusions. She was my immortal.
    Most of these requirements just need some strategy ahead and they finish quickly. I had 5/6 done by 12:45 and that was with a bathroom break and clingy cat. Would I like a bit more variety in tasks and rewards? Sure, but some things are out of reach in two days for a new player. I suspect that is one of the ideas behind these minis. They increase participation on the off days and give newer players a chance to gather resources. I'm all for both. They should run one for honor during the next sale with a begold as top reward.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • edited December 2021
    these mini event are hacking me off. "You know that thing you did this morning - if you hadn't you would have got stuff HA HA." its like they don't actually want me to do anything just wait till an event is launched. I get stuffed over the timing too basically only getting half as long to do them making ones like gauntlet impossible.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    these mini event are hacking me off. "You know that thing you did this morning - if you hadn't you would have got stuff HA HA." its like they don't actually want me to do anything just wait till an event is launched. I get stuffed over the timing too basically only getting half as long to do them making ones like gauntlet impossible.

Objective Event starts at Reset. Other than Gauntlet {which is not in this OE} all things can done at reset and count. That is if you were able to plan ahead for the Leveling/Fusing/Immortalization.

So, not sure how "that thing you did this morning" applies? Maybe totally misunderstanding your post?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyages finally coughed up my 4th Android Kirk last week and I held a large chunk of my Voyage prizes till the start of the objective. Not that it was necessary. Finished Kirk, levelled Burnham and fused my prize Bareils. The rest is easy.

Immortalizing is a fairly easy thing this week with the honour sale.

So far I haven’t had to immortalize any 2*s for an event and I’ve only used one citation on a sub-par 4*.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saved the new character from the event and fused and leveled him. I had enough spaces to save the crew so no big deal to me. Took me about 10 minutes of play time to get everything done except the last 5 arena battles for tomorrow after reset.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • edited December 2021
    The objective event did not appear for me until morning after I already ran my ship battles for the day. Unable to complete the objective without spending dilithium now. The event should allow for some leeway for timing…
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who lives in the U.S. in the Eastern time zone, and thus largely unaffected by it, it strikes me that the strict 24 hour limit from reset to reset is potentially very unfair to players based anywhere other than North and South America. I can honestly see where that setup potentially really screws them over.

The fact that it has a follow on effect for those who are looking to really compete for rankings in the subsequent event is a lot of salt in the wound, if not the actual wound itself.

Just sayin’. 🤷
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for continuing to provide feedback!

Currently there are no big changes on the horizon, with our next client we will address the few kinks that prevent us from scheduling the event in game at the appropriate time.

From there we'll be able to flex the system more.

For those of you who report not seeing the event on time, please make sure to restart.
    If the problem persists please submit a ticket so we may track the issue and have more data to help with an investigation.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for continuing to provide feedback!

Currently there are no big changes on the horizon, with our next client we will address the few kinks that prevent us from scheduling the event in game at the appropriate time.

From there we'll be able to flex the system more.

For those of you who report not seeing the event on time, please make sure to restart.
    If the problem persists please submit a ticket so we may track the issue and have more data to help with an investigation.

Shan, can you please pass up the chain that the percentage instead of actual numbers thing seems to be the one thing that most people agree is hard to work with?

That, and maybe a few without the Fuse/Immortalize thing?

I think those are the two things bugging most people. From my memories of what people have been bringing up.

• PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    The announcement called this:
    "Prepare for a Skirmish Event."
    In game it is called
    "Prepare for Skirmish Event."

The total amount of arena battles was 20 in the announcement, and 15 in game. This is a good thing, as it allows a bit of leeway. It means we have 5 spare battles in case we doing something wrong, e.g. in the wrong order.

My only big issue with this event, is that new players might not have ships for the Admiral Division, and even less likely to have a ship for the Captain Division. These are the players that would need the rewards the most.

It's very easy to get a 5* ship with Dabo.
    Captain is harder.
    As someone who lives in the U.S. in the Eastern time zone, and thus largely unaffected by it, it strikes me that the strict 24 hour limit from reset to reset is potentially very unfair to players based anywhere other than North and South America. I can honestly see where that setup potentially really screws them over.

The fact that it has a follow on effect for those who are looking to really compete for rankings in the subsequent event is a lot of salt in the wound, if not the actual wound itself.

Just sayin’. 🤷

I live in Europe and I prefer the current times. It's start in the morning before I get up and start playing.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw the announcement for next week... are we still considered in the beta or is this a representation of OE events? Because 4 events in and its already become redundant and a chore with the same basic thing each week.
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sayin’. 🤷

As someone who lives in Europe (I can't speak for players in other parts of the world) I find this particular setup preferable to many other options that I've seen in the game so far. True, the last 7 or so hours of the event fall in my sleep hours, but since it's not an event where we compete against other players, I don't see a problem with that. The fact that the event lasts 48 hours and starts and ends at reset time gives everyone the same chances, in my opinion.

That is good to know! 👍🙂

As you are dealing with it in real life and real time, you have the best perspective on it. I was honestly just spitballing that as it seemed it might be an issue.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Saw the announcement for next week... are we still considered in the beta or is this a representation of OE events? Because 4 events in and its already become redundant and a chore with the same basic thing each week.

As I said earlier once we resolve a few issues, we'll be able to flex the system more.
    That being said, the weekly OEs to prepare for the weekly event are likely to stay but they may see variations.

• I hate objective events with a passion. As an end game player with a couple of 12 hour voyages and a number one event ranking under my belt on one account, AND a mid level VIP0 fleet member on my alternate account, they are busy work, pure and simple, for both accounts. I hated the math worksheets in 3rd grade that had me repetitively doing my 2 times math facts 50 times & these are the exact same type of boring busy work. I have seen fleet members quit over these. We asked for new content and got this instead. Busy work is not new content!

I didn’t complete the last one I refuse to jump through these stupid hoops for minimal gain. And I won’t be completing any others from now on. I intend to go back to playing the game the way I used to, which was more enjoyable without the busy work!