Home The Bridge
Options

Community Rewards Year 2 (Fixed: New Targets Set)

Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in The Bridge
IMG_0247.png

Anyone remember this from last year? Seems we're doing it again. I believe Shan or Ben even said the numbers were calculated wrong and we're doing it again?
Who wants a free Quark in the mail again :D

Comments

• Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Yep, here's the official announcement about Apology Quark:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/17344/convergence-day-event-community-rewards

Clicking back through the announcements forum reminded me that last time it was sandwiched between Towelgate and the Buy Again Bans, so (touch wood) things are maybe a bit more stable now than they were a year ago.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sure they will get updated later but I’ll probably skip the event.
  • Options
    sighs

Here we go again... Seriously? Maybe more thinking and less copy paste. I don't think it's too much to ask for.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side, I really don't care about another Klingon quark anyway. This will be a week off for me.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Just my two cents, but I'd love to see the rewards switched up a bit - I've finished off Quark pretty much solely from these events (I think I took him once in a begold, just because I needed the space). The rewards are tired and it turns this event from something to look forward to into something quite underwhelming.

Obviously, I don't speak for everyone - but I would think even new players could do better than Convergence Day Quark, who is feeling more and more like a decrepit legendary every year. Imagine a Convergence Day Neelix or Guinan and COP Founder Sisko or Janeway, for example.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s time to switch out the rewards for newer crew and more realistic goals.
    Alternatively, it's time to run a different event for Convergence Day. If coming up with something new is too onerous a task for the developers then maybe a rerun of Infinite Contentions instead? I could do with another copy of Mariachi Q instead of COP Founder Picard.
  • Options
    Yeah. If they are going to "look into it"......

I agree with the above. make the rewards worthwhile.

Do better than copying and pasting events from prior years (and neglecting to correct the reward tiers.....please read in last years apology: This should not happen again)

Honestly its just a total crock of BS when they say "oh hey this is the six year anniversary what a celebration, here is the same event from last year, with a super worthless reward that is literally impossible for the community to collect since we kept the reward tiers that we already knew to be broken. Thanks for playing!"

Honestly, its at the point where I think Shan=Ben, and its a one person show running this game.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Shan and Ben are two different persons, if this really needs to be clarified.
    Thank you for the feedback, while the thresholds requirements will be revised, the rewards are unlikely to be changed.

But making the event more appealing in general is something I am bringing up for next year.

Thanks for listening and confirming the requirements will be changed! Here's hoping the feedback doesn't get forgotten in the next 12 months :)
  • Options

But making the event more appealing in general is something I am bringing up for next year.

To help ensure that next year needs a convergence event, I took the liberty of punching up a revision to the above statement:

But making the GAME more appealing in general is something I am ADVOCATING FOR
  • Options
    It will be a week off for me, same reward doesn’t make much sense, why would we want another Convergence day Quark?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    It will be a week off for me, same reward doesn’t make much sense, why would we want another Convergence day Quark?

If they give a new Quark every year I’ll eventually FF him in a few years time.

New Ogawa is a nice crew. She’ll go well with my 2/5 Klingon Bashir, 2/5 Mirror Culber, 1/5 Mirror Sisko and 1/5 EMA.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »

If they give a new Quark every year I’ll eventually FF him in a few years time.

New Ogawa is a nice crew. She’ll go well with my 2/5 Klingon Bashir, 2/5 Mirror Culber, 1/5 Mirror Sisko and 1/5 EMA.

Unfortunately I already have him ff and frozen as he’s pretty worthless.
    Ogawa is a good card, worth to go for it but it’s just disappointing the fact that the community rewards are just a copy paste from last year. It turns me down to go for it
  • Options
    Looking into it!

Thanx, Shan!

Scott
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Options
    Ogawa is the new #5 Med base, bumping Cheesecake Seven. I still need Quark, so I wouldn't complain. Less competition is okay with me.
    (This is W.W. Carlisle. Facebook is not letting me log in and both of my emails give me guest access. @Shan , any news on what's going on?)

We didn't have enough Ogawa in the series. I was happy to see a Legendary Ogawa in the Rewards. Even before she landed so high in the Stats.
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    So how many years now has Convergence Day been basically phoned in? Remember when this was a fun celebration the first couple years? Now it's a normal event that gives us things we already have, a reward delivery that is the same as December's OE, and makes us work harder to try and earn a premium pull than a normally weekly event would have.

Thats the problem. They say "its a big celebration for our 6th anniversary" and then they do less than phone it in. They fax it in. or maybe not even that much. They send it media mail, with a cash on delivery stamp.

Its really just a repeated statement of how they are handling this game. streamline the process for content flow, maximize revenues, reduce dedicated staff time, minimize development of actual new content.

• Options
    Definitely would make sense for Convergence Day stuff to actually change each year.
  • Options
    The 2 4* characters are so old, I’ll be skipping this event. I’m happy to get another Convergence Day Quark as I airlocked mine, not realising they would be a freebie every year!!!

It’s just a woeful reward structure and no chance to even get COP Picard….. folk won’t be bothered tap, tapping for this rubbish.
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    So how many years now has Convergence Day been basically phoned in? Remember when this was a fun celebration the first couple years? Now it's a normal event that gives us things we already have, a reward delivery that is the same as December's OE, and makes us work harder to try and earn a premium pull than a normally weekly event would have.

Things seemed rocky to me at the start of 2021 on multiple fronts, but to be fair to WRG we did get a new, two-part event for the 5th anniversary last year - the repeat of the original Convergence Day event (with the dodgy reward structure that they seem to have forgotten to change this time round) came before that, in the usual "immediately after the mega" slot.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedalus5 wrote: »
    The 2 4* characters are so old, I’ll be skipping this event. I’m happy to get another Convergence Day Quark as I airlocked mine, not realising they would be a freebie every year!!!

It’s just a woeful reward structure and no chance to even get COP Picard….. folk won’t be bothered tap, tapping for this rubbish.

The chance to get COP Picard is in this week’s event. But it would be nice to see Judge Q put into the Community Rewards rather than Quark.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO rewards for these sorts of special events should be instead of picking a single 4* / 5* crew threshold reward (for different VP values) like we see here, but instead for each one use the new directed/limited beholds - why not a behold of Convergence Quark / Judge Q / COP Picard / etc... gives players more of a chance of being happy.

+1 to this excellent idea!
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tiers for the Community Rewards have been revised and will be as follow:

This will go live next week.

For reference for everyone, the normal community rewards for a Galaxy event are:

300,000 - Old Super Rare
    600,000 - New Super Rare
    1,000,000 - 10x Pack

I'm still concerned about this, as it's taken the community longer the last couple of Galaxy events to get these rewards. So I'm not confident we can get those last couple in first half of the event.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)