Home The Bridge

Community Rewards Year 2 (Fixed: New Targets Set)

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    So how many years now has Convergence Day been basically phoned in? Remember when this was a fun celebration the first couple years? Now it's a normal event that gives us things we already have, a reward delivery that is the same as December's OE, and makes us work harder to try and earn a premium pull than a normally weekly event would have.

The issue is as DB/WRG has started to add temporary achievements and now objective events, the celebration has shifted there. But they've still run the old covergence day event. If you look at the overall celebration, we're now getting a free 4/5 crew. That's much bigger than what we got from the first couple convergence days. But instead of celebrating with the objective event, they replayed this old event which now feels very stale and that's what we're seeing.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    I'm still concerned about this, as it's taken the community longer the last couple of Galaxy events to get these rewards. So I'm not confident we can get those last couple in first half of the event.
    We have the full 4 days to hit the target, it's a single-phase event. Like last year, and unlike a normal galaxy.
  • ChaosChild wrote: »
    EnderW wrote: »
    I'm still concerned about this, as it's taken the community longer the last couple of Galaxy events to get these rewards. So I'm not confident we can get those last couple in first half of the event.
    We have the full 4 days to hit the target, it's a single-phase event. Like last year, and unlike a normal galaxy.

I was thinking it was like that. Which is why the Community list is both longer, and the targets are higher.
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    My notes from last year's Convergence Day event says that we reached about 4.5 billion VP, so I think the revision to 3.3 billion should be achievable. Ogawa is also a really nice card to chase, so that should help (last year was Klingon K'Ehleyr - a fine card, but not as good as this Ogawa).
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it me, or this is still way off? Seems like a lot for not so good prices (the best being CD Quark, the rest is about as good or worse than regular community rewards, for a lot more effort...
  • Don't know if it changes anyone's mind but these rewards are not for premium pulls. They are for Convergence Day Packs. So the 10x is a guaranteed Q, Picard, or Quark (don't know if the Behold rules will apply here or not).
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Don't know if it changes anyone's mind but these rewards are not for premium pulls. They are for Convergence Day Packs. So the 10x is a guaranteed Q, Picard, or Quark (don't know if the Behold rules will apply here or not).

Can you share where it states that these are CD-Packs and not regulalr pulls / premium pulls - can't find that inthe anncouncement.....thx
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it changes anyone's mind but these rewards are not for premium pulls. They are for Convergence Day Packs. So the 10x is a guaranteed Q, Picard, or Quark (don't know if the Behold rules will apply here or not).

Can you share where it states that these are CD-Packs and not regulalr pulls / premium pulls - can't find that inthe anncouncement.....thx

1ofyrhkkswfn.png

xd8afqjouyql.png

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

1ofyrhkkswfn.png

xd8afqjouyql.png

Thanks - i completley forgot you could do that to check!
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Event packs? That changes a lot!
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Peets wrote: »

Yeah, I can get the crap I already have on ice, or I can get the crap I already have on ice.

Event packs are the minimum reward we should get for all packs in any event.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Except they're mostly 1x which have no crew guarantee anyway. They're likely to just be 3* or schematics.
  • Some of us can still use them. They will always pander to the masses. I'm happy to have them and will use them well.
    Poor locked out W.W. Carlisle
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I can get the crap I already have on ice, or I can get the crap I already have on ice.

Event packs are the minimum reward we should get for all packs in any event.

Not much they can do for who have them almost all.
    AviTrek wrote: »

Except they're mostly 1x which have no crew guarantee anyway. They're likely to just be 3* or schematics.

But there is a extra small chance.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a regular 10x pack, there is a (vanishingly small) chance that I'll get a usable purple crew. With an event 10x, there's no chance at all. On the other hand, if I get a legendary in an event pack there's a 100% chance it'll be someone I need as I don't have any of the 3 immortalised, while with a regular pack there's a small chance I'd get a behold where I've got them all completed.

All in all, not a huge difference really.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    I've been pondering this since I replied last night... you know what would have been an easy solution to make all the regularly occurring events feel more integrated into Convergence Day AND feel a bit more of an acknowledgment of the milestone?

1) Whomever the player's choice crew was gets added to the Event as bonus Crew. Yes this increases the bonus pool every year, but that helps with the community reward targets WRG seems to think people will hit.
    2) A 5th Star would be available for that card as part of the top end of the Community Rewards, making them more valuable and relevant and likely providing more drive for people to compete. Yes this would have to be announced at the beginning of the month long OE so people didn't cite or DYC, and it would de-incentivize people from spending money on cites or DYC, but it's not like this is a new regular occurrence, it's for one single celebratory event window: work for it and play the game and end up with a 5/5* card. Other than random drops in the gauntlet there's nothing else in the game that awards a full 5/5 shy of sheer luck.

Even if they stick to only giving out a 4/5.

1) Free portal give away
    2) Objective event
    3) Threshold reward like mega event
    4) Community reward in the event

Now it feels like everything is integrated and part of one celebration. And it encourages players to take part in both the objective event and the weekend event.

Or an even more ambitious idea. Announce three new crew as part of the celebration.

Campaign includes crew A
    Portal is a behold of all 3
    Objective event yields 3 copies of crew B
    Weekend event has crew C in threshold, community rewards, and rank rewards (week before).
    Community rewards also feature an event pack with a shot at any of the 3 crew.
    The weekend event has all 3 as bonus crew.

So players can get crew A 4/5 from the campaign, plus a cite.
    Crew B 3/5 from objective event
    Crew C 2+/5 depending on how the player ranks in the event.
    A free begold to add a star to whoever you prefer
    And a chance at another star from the event pack.

If players want all 3 they can get all 3 for free and fill in with cites as needed. If players buy the campaign and do well in the event then they only need an extra couple stars that they can cite or buy. And WRG can sell extra event packs or begolds to make money from players trying to finish everyone.

WRG still gets their money, the month feels like a big united celebration. And featuring three crew that you can get feels like a bigger deal than the current objective event plus repeated weekend event.

• KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it changes anyone's mind but these rewards are not for premium pulls. They are for Convergence Day Packs. So the 10x is a guaranteed Q, Picard, or Quark (don't know if the Behold rules will apply here or not).
    Sadly, the 10x Pack includes the SR crew, so it will most likely be more Klingon Quark for everyone

s7oujo6bzxoe.png
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    Sadly, the 10x Pack includes the SR crew, so it will most likely be more Klingon Quark for everyone

s7oujo6bzxoe.png

Either that or another Dixon Hill😉
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year, they gave us two 10x packs after the event as compensation for setting the thresholds too high. I pulled a Human Q (honor) and COP Picard (3rd star at that point), plus two bonus cards (Saowin and Dancing Uhura). Super lucky that day!

My only non-FF event card (Judge Q, 1/5) is hoping I find similar luck again this year.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if Picard ever coughed in TNG, the movies, or Picard, but they could have rolled out with a COPD Picard instead of giving us COP Picard again.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I don't know if Picard ever coughed in TNG, the movies, or Picard, but they could have rolled out with a COPD Picard instead of giving us COP Picard again.

Really? Using a serious real life disease for a cheap joke? Not cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_obstructive_pulmonary_disease
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Using a serious real life disease for a cheap joke? Not cool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_obstructive_pulmonary_disease

Maybe start a petition to remove Irumodic Syndrome Picard, any LaForge with a VISOR, Riva, Ambassador Sarek, Tribual Pike, Tuxedo Nog, Admiral Mark Jameson, and any character that died from the game.
  • WaldoMag wrote: »
    Kanon wrote: »
    Either that or another Dixon Hill😉

At least that I could use, I need one more star for him. K. Quark and H. Q I have immortalized.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that Event Packs still have a chance for a non-Event Behold/BeGold. So, you can possibly get other Crew you might be missing.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan is cuter than Ben! :) I know the difference! <3

Also, I think it was about time to introduce Lieutenant Ogawa from First Contact and she's a meowsome voyager, too!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word of the day, everyday: mindfulness - thanks!