Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion thread: Galaxy Event - Convergence Day (flashback) - 2022-01-13

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen, looking into it :)
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for better community rewards.
    Feels like a minor birthday this year.
  • Options
    In my opinion, the rewards are cool, I will finally immortalize Quark! Obviously if the community rewards are achievable! I was about to write to you @Shan , but came here before to see nobody had already done that...
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogawa looks great. Doesn't have all of the advantages of Warship EMA, but still great crew. I'll be competing hard for her!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogawa looks good. I'll need to look into how she fits among med and sec crew.
  • Options
    Ogawa looks great. Doesn't have all of the advantages of Warship EMA, but still great crew. I'll be competing hard for her!

Always one of my favorite "not enough screen time" characters. Wasn't she a Doctor in the episode where Riker thought he was in the future? When he was a prisoner with the little alien kid? Turned out they were in a holographic daycare or something?
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Options
    Scottergun wrote: »

Always one of my favorite "not enough screen time" characters. Wasn't she a Doctor in the episode where Riker thought he was in the future? When he was a prisoner with the little alien kid? Turned out they were in a holographic daycare or something?

The Episode you're thinking of is Parallels. It's when Worf is shifting through the multiverse essentially. Source: It's one of my favorite episodes. "Dude, trust me"
  • Options
    Scottergun wrote: »

The Episode you're thinking of is Parallels. It's when Worf is shifting through the multiverse essentially. Source: It's one of my favorite episodes. "Dude, trust me"

Nope. Not the Worf episode. The one where RIKER is "in the future".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Imperfect
  • Options
    Future Imperfect Ogawa is the 3* version, called "CMO Ogawa" in the game IIRC.
  • Options

Yeah, That's it. She was CMO in the future. And a source of a smattering of controversy. {Not anything she did, but how Riker apparently "perceived" people of Asian descent as the episode was either written or "executed"}

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/CMO_Ogawa
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Nope. She's from Parallels (as it's stated correctly in the Wiki). Worf jumped in a quantum reality in which Crusher was dead and Ogawa was CMO. In Future Imperfect (holographic) Crusher was still Enterprise's CMO and treated Riker's (fake) illness.

And about Convergence Day: as we all know, the Victory Points were already the last time unrealistic high. And compared to the last rerun Galaxy Event, this Convergence Day event will very unlikely hit even the 2 billion mark, since the community isn't pumping as much chronitons in reruns as in events with a new 4* crew. True words. No **tsk tsk** told.

No enticing threshold rewards, no getting (high) community rewards.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am (still) confused as to why 4* Galen is in the ranked rewards, when 4* Detective Dixon Hill is one of the featured event crew. 🤔
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Ogawa
    1* I think she's from "Lower Decks", but I would would have to double check.

3*
    No one had collar pips in the "Future Imperfect" future, plus they had the commbadges with the bars. We saw Ogawa for about 30 secords in "FI". This Ogawa is the CMO Commander Ogawa from "Parallels".

5*
    First Contact era Ogawa. Yay! I'm looking forward to more crew from the grey shoulder era. (I also have a soft spot for the "King Grey" USN uniforms.) We still have a couple main cast missing from that scheme. Bashir and Troi are the last hold outs, though you could count Changling Bashir, I suppose. I'm also like a Pathfinder Barclay, the real one, in grey. The matching Troi would check off that variant too.

(Still W.W. Carlisle unable to log in.)
    Poor locked out W.W. Carlisle
  • Options
    Ogawa
    1* I think she's from "Lower Decks", but I would would have to double check.

3*
    No one had collar pips in the "Future Imperfect" future, plus they had the commbadges with the bars. We saw Ogawa for about 30 secords in "FI". This Ogawa is the CMO Commander Ogawa from "Parallels".

5*
    First Contact era Ogawa. Yay! I'm looking forward to more crew from the grey shoulder era. (I also have a soft spot for the "King Grey" USN uniforms.) We still have a couple main cast missing from that scheme. Bashir and Troi are the last hold outs, though you could count Changling Bashir, I suppose. I'm also like a Pathfinder Barclay, the real one, in grey. The matching Troi would check off that variant too.

(Still W.W. Carlisle unable to log in.)

I'm locked out, too.
  • Options
    Nope. She's from Parallels (as it's stated correctly in the Wiki). Worf jumped in a quantum reality in which Crusher was dead and Ogawa was CMO. In Future Imperfect (holographic) Crusher was still Enterprise's CMO and treated Riker's (fake) illness.

I sit corrected! I had been convinced for years that that was a barred combadge ...

• Options
    Now I can get the fourth star for Convergence Day Quark!
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    ffwkzoej2ldv.png

You are facing this frustration because you don’t have the legendary event crew fused to a high enough level. Personally, I don’t chase down to the highest percentage crew if there is only a few points difference. In your example a 1% increase in chance of success using Dixon Hill over Luau Q could very well make no difference in your score over the course of the event.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    For those (like myself) that normally wait to cash in their rares until phase 2… not this time! We’re gonna need the billion-ish vp cashed in during phase 1 so we can (hopefully) earn the 10x pack. Let’s make it happen, everyone!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no Phase Two. It's a four day single phase event. Mine are cashed in anyway. We need to make just under 900m VP a day to get everything. We are doing that right now, but it might taper off once stockpiles are depleted. Voyage hard, guys!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no Phase Two. It's a four day single phase event. Mine are cashed in anyway. We need to make just under 900m VP a day to get everything. We are doing that right now, but it might taper off once stockpiles are depleted. Voyage hard, guys!

Thanks, I was saving my superrares as @Ishmael Marx was doing. But figured I would need to turn them in. No point waiting (no phase 2) I only save for the little extra points in phase 2.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    ffwkzoej2ldv.png

You are facing this frustration because you don’t have the legendary event crew fused to a high enough level. Personally, I don’t chase down to the highest percentage crew if there is only a few points difference. In your example a 1% increase in chance of success using Dixon Hill over Luau Q could very well make no difference in your score over the course of the event.

This has been an imperfect sorting system issue all along, and it's irritating that it persists. Why should it matter which crew is fused how high? One crew member has a 75% crit chance and they're lower in the auto-sorted list than one with a 74% crit chance. Whether 1% is worth the nuisance is immaterial, though for what it's worth, I wouldn't sweat it. I have also, however, often found 5-7% advantages for recipes buried down my auto-sorted rosters in events as recently as the one just before the December mega kicked off, when I chased Prophet Kira.

If the idea is to reward players willing to do the legwork, I suppose I can kind of get behind that logic, but even as the kind of player willing to do that legwork, I'd rather the auto-sort just put the 75%'er above the 74%'er.
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Trait differences seem to be making the sort differ over % from base - Do Better TP! LL&P
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has nothing to do with fuse level directly. The sort only looks at base level and event bonus. It doesn't include traits. So traits can slightly make a difference. Personally I'm in the camp of I just don't care about the difference. But also recognize what makes this a game if they always present the best choice at first. Are we supposed to figure out the best crew ourselves or just blindly click what we're given
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone not watching pace, we want to be around 2.7b by noon Eastern Standard Time (just under 16hrs from now) to clear community thresholds. It looks promising. They did well adjusting the points.
    I personally should clear individual thresholds tonight yet. I'm ahead of my pace, but, as I shall be cleaning a cat bite just as soon as he lets me up (he must finally be feeling better), I might take it easy tonight.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone not watching pace, we want to be around 2.7b by noon Eastern Standard Time (just under 16hrs from now) to clear community thresholds. It looks promising. They did well adjusting the points.
    I personally should clear individual thresholds tonight yet. I'm ahead of my pace, but, as I shall be cleaning a cat bite just as soon as he lets me up (he must finally be feeling better), I might take it easy tonight.
    xhm3pmeubnt4.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    xhm3pmeubnt4.jpeg

Where did you get a picture of my cat?