Home The Bridge
Options

Thoughts from a 6-year player

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Aldude wrote: »
    I'm just hitting 5 years, and these last 2 months I have been really struggling to maintain any kind of interest in the game. Galaxy and skirmish events are actually painful to complete (i.e. hit top threshold), only to get an all-frozen behold at the end. I haven't been engaged with the objective events because it's just more of the same, for rewards which aren't worth the effort.
    I nearly missed crew retrieval day (when I hit 900 quantum) because I forgot it was a thing, indicating that it no longer interests me.

There really needs to be something to revitalize the game that isn't already implemented if they want to maintain interest.

Then again, I'm just one person.

Skirmishes should be easy for a 5 year+ player. If not ur using a wrong set up.

Galaxies are a pain i totally get it, but Skirmishes can be easily done while watching TV at the same time. Tapping doesn t require much focus.
    400K-450kVP per hour. 45 mins to clear thresholds.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Nearing 5,5 years in... this game is really good, as no other mobile game has kept me this much, but... it is slowly fading... as there is no new content, no story, no nothing, just pure grinding.

I am not a person who likes grinding, and to tell the truth events and objective events are nothing but grinding.

Skirmish - create best possible setup from your crew and grind for hours... (if you have hours... in front of tv, which I don't due to job and two little future ST fans)
    Galaxy - grinding through recipes...
    Faction - well, not grinding per se, but need to be online every 1,5 hours for four days to have any chance on being successful

Only event I really liked was expedition... there at least requires some tactics.

The main problem is that it is not going to change. If WRG create some sort of event which is not grinding (and it is possible to create something like that) - all those players who like grinding are gonna take out torches and pitchforks because they are not gonna be inside 1,5k without serious concentration and thinking.
    HaBlack wrote: »
    Nearing 5,5 years in... this game is really good, as no other mobile game has kept me this much, but... it is slowly fading... as there is no new content, no story, no nothing, just pure grinding.

I am not a person who likes grinding, and to tell the truth events and objective events are nothing but grinding.

Skirmish - create best possible setup from your crew and grind for hours... (if you have hours... in front of tv, which I don't due to job and two little future ST fans)
    Galaxy - grinding through recipes...
    Faction - well, not grinding per se, but need to be online every 1,5 hours for four days to have any chance on being successful

Only event I really liked was expedition... there at least requires some tactics.

The main problem is that it is not going to change. If WRG create some sort of event which is not grinding (and it is possible to create something like that) - all those players who like grinding are gonna take out torches and pitchforks because they are not gonna be inside 1,5k without serious concentration and thinking.

Amen. We need less grinding and more twerking for events.
  • Options
    While I'm way behind everybody here (been there since the beginning, but only a casual player, so I'm on one of the last 3 reward ranks in every event), I have to agree. Well, partially. I like being just a casual player, but I've got the feeling that being one is even MORE frustrating? Still mostly clicking in always the same way, but without ever going somewhere?

Still, I'm not saying I dislike the game. No, I like it. It's good for whenever you have to pass some time until the next thing starts. Kill some time before the phone call you wait for comes in? Still a few minutes until your tv show starts? The game is VERY good for that.

But during a pandemic, when there's too much free time? Well, I would at least like some variations. Some goals that are fulfillable for casual players, too. Something to work on, maybe, a bit like the space stations, but without daily limits, but you can work on it, whenever you have time, ... Gosh, I'd like that.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmishes should be easy for a 5 year+ player. If not ur using a wrong set up

It's not about ease - it's about interest. I find it incredibly dull to grind.
    But that's my problem, and I'm glad you still find some enjoyment in it. I sadly do not.

One of the tricks I use to engage myself with skirmishes is that I use it to really engage with my roster of cards. I play around with which characters I use the chroniton positive feedback loop to level up.

Sure, the automated ships battles themselves are boring, but getting all those chrons and dumping them back into regular ship battles to get supplies and deciding who they go to, or who deserves focus to go after stuff for is pretty fun and productive.
  • Options
    There are bugs older than the game so yea i don't think they will ever do anything entertaining with the game or new.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Galaxy and skirmish events are actually painful to complete (i.e. hit top threshold), only to get an all-frozen behold at the end.

That really annoys me. I’ve only been playing a couple of years, so I have plenty of crew which are not FF, yet I get all-frozen beholds all too often. Given that I usually finish outside the top 1,500, it makes the time spent past 130k pretty much wasted when I already own the 4* ranked reward.

The game is mostly about card collecting (it’s certainly not about gameplay, considering the lack of progress on that front) yet between the slot limits and frozen beholds it actively makes that aspect frustrating.

To follow up on my own gripe, I got three premium packs this weekend (campaign, community and event). Each one had a single behold. The first two had all three frozen 4*. The third had two frozen 4*, and one character who actually needed a star.

Again, my roster isn't that great - there are over 100 4*s in the portal who I could have used, but only one of them turned up from nine options.

I'd never spent a cent of real money on a pack because of this, and it discourages playing at all.

The frustration can be readily alleviated:
    - Allow a reroll of a behold where all options are FF
    - Allow exchange of an FF behold for quantum.
    - Provide more honour for airlocking 4*s, so at least something of worth is gained.
    - Increase the begold drop rate, since they're less likely to be FF.

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quantums are a great idea for an exchange when you get an all fused behold (especially begold). :)

Also, I love how a few years ago I started to say "BeGold" and now almeowst everyone is using this word. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    - Provide more honour for airlocking 4*s, so at least something of worth is gained.

I agree that the current honor you get from SR and Legends are low.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭

This has gotten VERY OLD! Are you listening TP? Answer: "We are looking into this (for 3 years) and will post when we have more information". Translation: "No money in it for us to fix so just deal with it" :/

xqic17srrhs0.jpg
    [/quote]

Agreed!!! This is a large part of the problem. We are not being listened to. The long term players have begged, pleaded, sent tickets with video and screenshots while “we are investigating the problem” for years. But nothing is done.
    The weekly OE were not taken well by many who participated in the “send your thoughts” tickets and to what end? They are still spitting them out with no real change.
    Many things stated above about flavor text, mistakes in announcements, bland churning are all correct and very old.
    I had pointed out 2 years ago if they keep churning so many new cards so fast we will run out. Hm? Now others are saying this?
    Common terms are chron debt and honor debt. Now we are given yet again another “new and exciting feature” to purchase quantum. Wait? What? Can you fix the long term glitches please? Again and again please.

The game still exists in a long term fashion by veteran players who are plain fed up with “we will look into it” ,we know its a problem, we are looking into it”, and my favorite “we dont know why, but please be assured we are checking into it”. For 3 years????….I think your not. I just got an (additional) reply to a ticket about the gauntlet not counting trophies properly which i had recorded video of my gauntlet and sent in over a year ago. At the time even with video they attempted to dis-way the malfunction. Now over a year later i received a “we are looking into it” reply.

Long term players are leaving. Even the sense of community can not hold them here anymore because the chat system is so broken and blank most often. “Reboot” “restart” they tell us. I know this. Every veteran player knows this. But why? I just logged in. Now have to restart 5 times to claim rewards for tasks or see my fleet chat? And i get an indicator light for universal chat????? But cant see my fleet chat?? What?

As well as the overlays and numerous freezes, claim button malfunctions it takes some players to serious frustration level just to get dailies completed. Restart, restart, reboot, reboot.
    We have done what was asked “we dont know if we dont see the problem, send screenshots or video with your tickets” then nobody looks at it. Its beyond worthless to do this anymore because the C/S acts like you dont know how to reboot and its your fault. All the while we know it is ongoing issues. New players get excited after each faction event with a blank faction box tricking them into thinking a new faction is being added for instance. While us veterans just tell them to ignore it. Its a long term glitch. “Long term glitch” beyond long term, beyond old. Outcries for fixing glitches and broken things continue to go ignored.

Why dont you listen to us? TP/WRG???????

It is unfortunate that this thread has a DEFEATED tone. Veteran long term players who have played and paved the path, built star-bases, created competition and goals with what was/is available are done begging for fixes, begging to get rid of mindless tapping to remove bots. What happened to expedition events? For example. Obviously checking for nano-probes is not cutting it.
    Why must i be repeatedly checked for nano-probes when i know others can circumvent that and clearly the game itself is full of them. Maybe its time for a reality check where the Devs and programmers check theirselves for nano-probes????
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    While the forums are hardly the entirity of the community that plays STT, in the past 4 years you can see a clear trend of less and less people spending time on these forums, which to me translates as a declining interest in the game and a declining fanbase.

A major cause is the toxicity and negativity on the forum that is making people spend less time on here.

Literally logged back in, just to second this point.

There's a reason I went back to lurking and essentially stopped posting, and 90% of that reason is exactly this.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Great post @DAE

Sadly, WRG wont take it seriously. They could care less about the community or the game itself. All that really matters is the profitability of it. Even more upsetting, is that in the past 2 years, or longer depending on how you view things, there really has not been any effort at trying to retain players. Its all economy tweaking and trickery to fool people into spending more money.

I saw in another post a question to WRG posed as something like "how long do you expect the game to last". The answer is really simple: Until it is not making enough money to cover overhead and still be profitable. I can't imagine that we are very far away from that point. While the forums are hardly the entirity of the community that plays STT, in the past 4 years you can see a clear trend of less and less people spending time on these forums, which to me translates as a declining interest in the game and a declining fanbase. Hence, you get other ways to make money off people, like ad views, offer wall, harvesting private data and selling to the highest bidder, etc.

I do agree 50% with @IceCat and @peets. Imo the other 50% of decline in posts has been my point and yours, its not getting through. Im sure for many reasons ppl are just not interested in the forums as part of the game anymore. So many just hop in do dailies to continue to support their fleetmates and hop out.
    As far as the cash issue i agree. Every business needs money. But as i have said many times, everyone i have played with for 6 yrs continues to cut back their spending allowance due to said long standing glitches and being ignored. Its been stated in posts many times. No more $$ or quitting the game due to lack of fixing long standing glitches.
    I will say i am not F2P. I have spent my fair share over 6 yrs to keep the game in business because i understand how business works. Ive decided to speak up again now because i do see a serious decline and the game coming to an end sooner rather than later if they dont take a step back and fix some stuff so that game time is fun and enjoyable for all not frustrating.
    I too have become more of a “lurker” on this forum because i have been made to feel my voice doesnt count. I rarely speak up anymore. Even in positive threads where my participation or ideas were met by criticism by other players/posters.
    LLAP STT would be in the best interest for all. 😀 but hoping doesnt “make it so”, when no one is listening.
  • Options
    [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    For me personally, what keeps me away from the forum is the toxicity and negativity of players bashing other players simply because they don't agree with that player's opinion.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It seems really inappropriate to place the blame for negativity on these forums upon the people who are coming here to express criticism. This is the only way to provide feedback to the developers aside from sending a support ticket, but support tickets have clearly not fixed the issues if the issues are still here.

It's not the criticism itself, it's how it is expressed.

It's an anonymous guest account that does nothing but complain that really turns me off.

Not sure I catch your drift, is it because they are choosing anonymity or complaining, or both.
    Surely a player has a right to privacy, and a right to complain/criticise, I use the two together because complaints can be justified and not just be considered unjustified, as can criticism.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems really inappropriate to place the blame for negativity on these forums upon the people who are coming here to express criticism. This is the only way to provide feedback to the developers aside from sending a support ticket, but support tickets have clearly not fixed the issues if the issues are still here.

It's an anonymous guest account that does nothing but complain that really turns me off.

Not sure I catch your drift, is it because they are choosing anonymity or complaining, or both.
    Surely a player has a right to privacy, and a right to complain/criticise, I use the two together because complaints can be justified and not just be considered unjustified, as can criticism.

Because anonymous accounts, especially brand new accounts with one post are likely trolls.
  • Options

Because anonymous accounts, especially brand new accounts with one post are likely trolls.

This is a diversionary tactic. There is nothing more or less anonymous from my account name than yours. AviTrek won't lead me to find any more information about who or what you are.

and my account name is not anonymous. And truthfully, my account name has zero bearing on the current status of the game and these forums.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭

This is a diversionary tactic. There is nothing more or less anonymous from my account name than yours. AviTrek won't lead me to find any more information about who or what you are.

and my account name is not anonymous. And truthfully, my account name has zero bearing on the current status of the game and these forums.

Imo it is a self defense mechanism available to be employed by the forums. The rules currently dictate “dont pretend to be someone else-another player, a Disruptor Beam employee, or a celebrity or other well known person”.
    No where does it state that you must use your in game name which changes daily for some, and in this “defensive mechanism” actually avoids trolls. I myself have been in game targeted, attacked IE “trolling” (defined by Zendesk guidelines) for simply stating a suggestion or opinion in here. I changed my forum name to avoid that.