Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion thread: Faction Event Starship Scrambles - 2022-02-03 - Mega-Event part 1

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least Amanda has Caregiver.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Excellent art on new Spock!

In general, great art, decent till great(Angel)stats of new crew, so far.
    Please keep it up! 👍🏻👏🏻

But…
    w4y61r9m4ebv.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    <headdesk.gif>
  • Options
    "Event Type: Faction Event (space battles)"?
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    *art*
    While we investigate!

Will that orange aura be present on the art in game? I think you guys have put out promotional stuff in the past that had that sort of thing not make it in the game.

Pretty nice art regardless 👍
  • Options
    Great art there, it's quite distinctive...
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    I'm not very well versed with Discovery, is there a justification for Amanda's linguist trait? Seems very out of place from what I know of the character.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    No glow, no.
    Here's what the in-game art looks like.

6seex3xmfe4y.png

And it will be fixed next week!

• Options
    Between the trait and character variants, the pool of event crew for this event is fantastic. Not only a large number, but very balanced in terms of traits. Thank you!!
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please leave the art as is. I would dig that missing art's avatar :D
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not very well versed with Discovery, is there a justification for Amanda's linguist trait? Seems very out of place from what I know of the character.

For that matter, why does she have Vulcan trait. She was not Vulcan, not 1/2 Vulcan, TOS Amandas do not have Vulcan trait. I don't really care one way or the other, just a hmmm :/
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

For that matter, why does she have Vulcan trait. She was not Vulcan, not 1/2 Vulcan, TOS Amandas do not have Vulcan trait. I don't really care one way or the other, just a hmmm :/

This is issue has, of course, been hashed, rehashed, and then hashed at least one more time, by the community. I will attempt to be politer than others have been in the past.

I'd actually take the opposite view: old lady Grayson and Awaiting Amanda should have the Vulcan trait. The comparison here is to Odo and Rom who have the Bajoran trait. Amanda is much more a citizen of Vulcan, rather than Earth. In fact, her character has never been shown to be anything else.

Works for me, like I said, don't care, just curious :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Similarly to other versions, Graduation Amanda Grayson should not have the Vulcan trait and this will be corrected next week as well.

Let me rephrase that!

Other versions of Amanda Grayson do not have the Vulcan trait.
    The fact that Graduation Amanda Grayson has the Vulcan trait has been reported by QA but the fix will not go live before next week.

double posting for extra visibility

We had a quick discussion about this and we've decided to leave the Vulcan trait for Graduation Amanda Grayson. The trait will not be added to her other variations,

I appreciate the feedback regarding how the vulcan trait is being used for other characters and will forward it.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    wat...

bosk8ws269rs.png
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Similarly to other versions, Graduation Amanda Grayson should not have the Vulcan trait and this will be corrected next week as well.

Um, what? You literally advertised her to us as having this trait as if you knew it was a selling point:
    Graduation Amanda Grayson will be the recurrent threshold reward throughout this mega arc, allowing you to gain four copies in total. She is also part of three collections! (‘Great Compassion’, ‘Live Long and Prosper’, and ‘Healthy Discourse').

And you are now removing a collection reducing her value. What other trait will you give her to keep her in 3 collections?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

Um, what? You literally advertised her to us as having this trait as if you knew it was a selling point:
    Graduation Amanda Grayson will be the recurrent threshold reward throughout this mega arc, allowing you to gain four copies in total. She is also part of three collections! (‘Great Compassion’, ‘Live Long and Prosper’, and ‘Healthy Discourse').

And you are now removing a collection reducing her value. What other trait will you give her to keep her in 3 collections?

She will now have Timelines’ Original because she doesn’t have the Vulcan trait like the character in the shows do so she will be an original.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    khmnk2j1me29.jpg

Angel Burnham 5* voyage rank 29 according to BigBook.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a quick discussion about this and we've decided to leave the Vulcan trait for Graduation Amanda Grayson. The trait will not be added to her other variations,

I appreciate the feedback regarding how the vulcan trait is being used for other characters and will forward it.

Thx Shan. I just hope that the feedback doesn’t end up with a large scale removal of Vulcan trait from those that have it on that list.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    So, Graduation Amanda is Dip Cmd Sec. On Timelines Talks, it was predicted that she would be Dip primary. Good job there.
    And Walt also speculated that she wouldn't be CDS around an hour and 28 minutes. And then the idea was sort-of mocked. If you didn't watch it, I'd recommend you do so now to see Auto's explanation of how she could have Sec. It is now in my head-canon, and will probably make you never be able to watch that scene the same again.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, midwife worf. I have him at 2/4 and he will give me my 25th caregiver.

As all the crew are on the wrong ships, perhaps we should be getting T'Ana.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoExamples/StarTrekLowerDecksS1E08Veritas