Home The Bridge
Options

Biggest Disappointment in Voyages

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
We've all been there. You get a dilemma that you recognize as a dilemma that will yield a 4* crew. That's 100 honor, 75 chronitons, and a 4* crew. Or if you don't want the crew 300 honor and 75 chronitons. You click the choice, and next thing you know you get a random 4* component. That has to be the biggest comedown from the excitement(probably second only to a FF behold).

In what way is a 4* component we don't need even worth the equivalent of 100 honor, 75 chrons, and a 4* crew. Does anyone ever want the component? Would you rather DB eliminate these so it was always crew?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, completely agree.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll always take 4* incense, databases, and clothing patterns. I always need those and they're incredibly hard to get.

I'm lucky if I get one 4* dilemma per week. I used to almost always get them at 6 or 8 hours but in the past month or so it's been only 2* dilemmas.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Does anyone ever want the component?

Depends on the component, and the quantity.
  • Options
    I can't speak for others, but for me personally i would NEVER want a component over the Honor/Chrons/Super Rare. 75 Chrons by itself would more than likely get me any 4 Star component I need. It is kind of a gut punch when I get the component. Now, if the component still included the Honor and Chrons I don't think I would mind as much. I'd still rather have a random super rare though.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. The lost chrons probably can farm the item anyway. And then you're still out the honor and crew. Plus if you don't need to component, its a lost 75 chrons too. At minimum I'd like to keep the honor and chrons if we get the component. But I'd much rather never see the component again and just get the crew.
  • Options
    Thinking about it: if it were a pile of components I think it would be worth it. Dropping a pile of like 10 3* Casings or 20 0* Science Experiments or something would be useful.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, but not the one 4* alcohol that I just got. 96 chrons to farm(easily ad warpable) vs 100 honor, 75 chrons, and a 4* crew is not even close.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get disappointed whenever it gives me a new 4* instead of letting me fuse a 4*.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't turn down some rare alcohol. In game or IRL. ;)
  • Options
    I'd rather have a pile of holoprograms or gagh, than some random 4* component.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a list of dilemma that I "recognise as will give me a 4* crew"!!

I have gotten 1 (count 'em) 4* crew from a dilemma and 4 4* crew randomly ... now I reach 6 hrs (at least) each voyage and with ease (usually between 600 and 1000 AM left to go - recall anyway because I'm afraid I'll forget to do so it if I don't do so very soon after 6 hrs.) :) and have reached 8 hrs on occasion ... the last 8 hr I got to I obtained a 2* Data and 9 out of 10 6hr dilemmas are 2* crew too.

Any tips of getting more 4*s in would be appreciated (i.e. which option to click) ... I have a ton of non-FF 4* crew just waiting on more stars.
  • Options
    We've all been there. You get a dilemma that you recognize as a dilemma that will yield a 4* crew. That's 100 honor, 75 chronitons, and a 4* crew. Or if you don't want the crew 300 honor and 75 chronitons. You click the choice, and next thing you know you get a random 4* component. That has to be the biggest comedown from the excitement(probably second only to a FF behold).

In what way is a 4* component we don't need even worth the equivalent of 100 honor, 75 chrons, and a 4* crew. Does anyone ever want the component? Would you rather DB eliminate these so it was always crew?

I would say you are quite lucky, on a supposed to be 4* crew dilemma, I got 100 Honors, 75 Chrons and 5x5* Replicator Ration.
    The moment you see 100 honor you get excited that you are going to get a 4*, you then get 75 Chrons and excitement level goes higher and then suddenly you see golden outline and your heart sinks that you are going to get a legendary crew (against all odd you hope DB made a good change without informing) and then it turns out to be 5* replicator ration.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas

Some dilemmas will give 4* crew others will give 2* or 3*. I have no tips on getting the 4* dilemma besides RNG, but they do occur. The dilemma that prompted this post was my 6 hour dilemma.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas

I have no tips on getting the 4* dilemma besides RNG, but they do occur.

Some dilemma choices could block the 4* dilemmas, so it's a good idea to check first.

The caveat of course is that this is all player sourced, so just because a specific option doesn't say it could lead to xxx doesn't mean it can't - it just means it hasn't been reported.

• Options
    It definitely feels the dilemma reward been nerfed compare to when it first came out, lot less chance of 4* 3* at 6 hour dilemma.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    blobly wrote: »
    It definitely feels the dilemma reward been nerfed compare to when it first came out, lot less chance of 4* 3* at 6 hour dilemma.

See Black Pebble's recently reply about this in the Voyages run out of AM suspiciously often close to next dilemma?!.
    If/when we make changes to Voyages loot tables or drop rates, we'll let the community know ahead of time.

"If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, DB hasn't intentionally changed the loot table. That doesn't mean they didn't make a different change that had an unexpected consequence. It's happened before.
  • Options
    When voyages first launched, there were no 4* components dropping from dilemmas. There was a thread about that changing on the old forums where the party line was "nothing has changed" ... despite it noticeably changing.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. That's what I mean by unrelated changes with unexpected consequences. DB claims the loot tables never changed, so I believe them. But that doesn't mean that some other flag/setting didn't change which enabled 4* components.

It's like the portal pull mistake. But since they enabled instead drops of disabled in this case, there is no way for players to prove it to DB and DB isn't interested in going back and investigating/admitting their bug.
  • Options
    Like others said, it depends on the component. But I have to disagree that it's one of the biggest letdowns. How about Gauntlet ranking rewards? Or on the arena where you win and get a thousand credits. Or daily login rewards that include 60 Val Jean Schematics....
  • Options
    A - it partially depends on the part

But generally I want the super rare character..
    If it's gonna be a part though

B - give more then 1 or 2
    Make it seem way more special, like when you get a 4* crew. Make it a 10x pack of the part
    Or swap out the parts and put in a 10x of shuttle boosts or a supply kit. Something with way more ompff
  • Options
    I would rather have the chronitons and 4* crew over the component. Though lately the randomizer seems quite stingy to me. I haven’t got a 4* crew in a few days.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrbluesky wrote: »
    Like others said, it depends on the component. But I have to disagree that it's one of the biggest letdowns. How about Gauntlet ranking rewards? Or on the arena where you win and get a thousand credits. Or daily login rewards that include 60 Val Jean Schematics....

It's one of the biggest letdowns because the others are expected. I know most of gauntlet and arena rewards are junk, so I never expect anything good. If I do a single credit portal pull I'm not let down because I don't expect anything worthwhile, but once I see the behold I'm excited for a 4*/5* crew, and then I'm let down if they're all FF. Similarly here, I go into a dilemma figuring it'll probably be a 2* dilemma, then I see it's a 4* dilemma and I'm super excited, then it turns out to be a component and I'm letdown.
  • Options
    Would be nice if instead of a 4 star at random. Perhaps a behold since you are present for the dillema
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I'd like to see a list of dilemma that I "recognise as will give me a 4* crew"!!

I have gotten 1 (count 'em) 4* crew from a dilemma and 4 4* crew randomly ... now I reach 6 hrs (at least) each voyage and with ease (usually between 600 and 1000 AM left to go - recall anyway because I'm afraid I'll forget to do so it if I don't do so very soon after 6 hrs.) :) and have reached 8 hrs on occasion ... the last 8 hr I got to I obtained a 2* Data and 9 out of 10 6hr dilemmas are 2* crew too.

Any tips of getting more 4*s in would be appreciated (i.e. which option to click) ... I have a ton of non-FF 4* crew just waiting on more stars.

4* crew only drop at and after 6h, so if you recall with 600-1000 antimatter to go, that nerfs your chances of getting 4* crew.

I have a bad memory too, but have dealt with this by setting an alarm. Try setting an alarm instead? Typically, 600 antimatter will take maybe 30 mins to go through. So set your timer for 20 mins or so and you'll be fine.

It typically runs through one or two events after recall, so I like to recall it with 50 or so antimatter to be safe. I take screenshots before and after hitting "recall" just in case something goes wrong and I'll need to send a ticket.
  • Options
    Dilemma after 8 hours - Gets a 2 star Archer
    Dilemma after 10 hours - Gets a 2 star Nog

It has not been a good day.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dilemma has a chance for 2* or 3* Crew. Gets a 2* Picard.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    I managed to get A Higher Duty, Part 1 as my first dilemma, and then Part 2 as my second dilemma. Huge tease there.

I did not get Part 3 for my third dilemma, and I wasn't going to make it to 8 hours, so when it was time to decide on whether to recall, or crash and recharge, I ended up recalling. As much as I'd like a chance at Fierce Guinan, I'm not going to keep throwing dilithium at a voyage for a 3% chance every two hours.

It sure would be super-nice that if you encounter a multi-part dilemma, that you see the following parts in an unbroken sequence.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to get A Higher Duty, Part 1 as my first dilemma, and then Part 2 as my second dilemma. Huge tease there.

I did not get Part 3 for my third dilemma, and I wasn't going to make it to 8 hours, so when it was time to decide on whether to recall, or crash and recharge, I ended up recalling. As much as I'd like a chance at Fierce Guinan, I'm not going to keep throwing dilithium at a voyage for a 3% chance every two hours.

It sure would be super-nice that if you encounter a multi-part dilemma, that you see the following parts in an unbroken sequence.

Suggestion of the Year.

No further nominees need apply.

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Pretty evident now that the nerfing of Voyage is providing more and more frustration. Typical DB behavior, launch something decent then Nerf until everyone hates it. Look at gauntlet, some in my fleet don't even participate any more.