Home The Bridge
Options

Quantum Pass

Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in The Bridge
I will be interested to see what the Quantum Pass will cost. If cost is reasonable I will probably bite. The issue will then be whether or not I can generate enough credits to justify purchase on a regular basis.

The following is from recent communication to us in case you missed it.

Quantum Pass (not live yet)
Purchasing the Quantum Pass will allow you to collect 50 Quantum per day, for 10 consecutive days, providing a boost for your Crew Retrieval efforts.
The Quantum Pass will make its debut on Tuesday, February 28, once all players are on 8.2.2.

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quantum pass needs to include credits as well, because you will need more credits to retrieve crew that frequently.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    For myself, I'll pass. I don't see much point in spending on the game anymore. I don't particularly need any more crew finished.
  • Options
    Jhamel wrote: »
    The quantum pass needs to include credits as well, because you will need more credits to retrieve crew that frequently.

Nahh, it just must be cheap enough(less than 5 bucks) so that ppl are lured in,
    to buy extra credit offers. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey sumbie! :) Nice to still see you here as well. :) Do you still play actively and / or spend munny? At least crew retrieval is a nice new thing to get goldies for free. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    If the price of the quantum pass is greater than 30% of the price of the monthly dilithium card, then the former will be overpriced. 🖖

EDIT: It is not often that I agree with the "guest" who posted just below, but I do in this instance.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    You can expect that the quantum pass will be in close alignment with the monthly card. When the crew retrieval "feature" was announced, in the overview Ben can be heard saying "yeah, we made the cost of 50 quantum 90 dilithium, because we wanted it to be paired with the monthly card, so that the first daily quantum purchase would be a no brainer".

So, call me negative if you want, but thats straight from the horses mouth. They have probably not had the pull from daily dilithium like they wanted, so now they are trying a different methodology. Next "feature" will likely be a quantum market, similar to the dilithium market in the honor hall.

Calling it now, quantum card will be .99 per week.

And they will be hoping that the cheaper availability of quantum will make credits more valuable, and more people will buy the daily credit offer, or other offers that are focussed on credits.

You can go back through all the announcements, and compare that with your own experiences of viewing the "special offers" we have seen in the past year. In my opinion, nearly every decision made since WRG has taken over can be boiled down to attempts at "tweaking the game economy" and finding other ways to milk players real currency.

.99 per week would be a brilliant price point, on the part of WRG. The psychology of 3.99 a month for dilithium and .99 per week for quantum will fool people into focusing on the $5 figure, instead of the 8$ per month figure.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be interested to see what the Quantum Pass will cost. If cost is reasonable I will probably bite. The issue will then be whether or not I can generate enough credits to justify purchase on a regular basis.

Purchasing the Quantum Pass will allow you to collect 50 Quantum per day, for 10 consecutive days, providing a boost for your Crew Retrieval efforts.
    The Quantum Pass will make its debut on Tuesday, February 28, once all players are on 8.2.2.

February 28 is a Monday.

• Options

February 28 is a Monday.

I’ll buy the quantum pass on February 29th :tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    4,29€ for Dil pack
    So It should be lower then 1,29€ to be profit.
  • Options
    Admirable BernabyAdmirable Bernaby ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I get plenty of quantum from the events. The bottleneck is actually ISM for me or am I missing something.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get plenty of quantum from the events. The bottleneck is actually ISM for me or am I missing something.

I think you might have those backwards. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Admirable BernabyAdmirable Bernaby ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Silly me, you are right, I do have it backwards. Got the icons confused.

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's live. $5 for 10 days...
  • Options
    Nope. Not worth it.
  • Options

The events don't give out Quamtum, that is earned over time one every 30 minutes, or bought upto now with Dilithium, now we have the Quantum Pass.

The maths is from my point of view:
    * $4 equals to 100 Dilithium on a daily basis, so you invest 90 Dilithium on 50 extra daily Quantum and earn 10 Dilithium daily. That lasts 30 days
    * $5*3=$15 = equals to 50 daily Quantum for 10 days*3. That lasts 30 days (10 days*3).

From my point of view it's not worth it.

If I was TP, I would simply make the Quamtum Pass $4/3=$1.33, that way I would buy Dilithium monthly card + Quantum pass. They can even encourage people to buy 5M credits that way!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Yep. Way too expensive. I figured this would be $1.50 because it was a little simpler than buying a monthly card and converting to quantum. But $5 is crazy. That's way too expensive. I'd have to run the math on other DIL conversions to see where they got this, but there is no way I'd ever buy it at this price.
    The price makes sense only (and Im sure is the reasoning behind it) if you consider this quatum the 200 dilithium second purchase of the day (the first being the 90 dilithium, using the daily 100 from the monthly card). If it is that second purchase, then it's 2000 dilithium.

It would make some sense if it were 900 dil, but since the montly card is way more convenient, the quantum pass is definitively designed to work on top of that.

Still, a lot of money for something that additionally requires a credits purchase anyway
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's SNAFU is yet another example of why they should stop expecting people to give them money to play their poorly tested game......

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it as that 2x Quantum Pass = 1,000 Quantum gives me an additonal retriveal of a legendary crew of my choice, for 10 bucks total.

That‘s worth to me, since i m sitting on130m credits and i buy add 50 quantum a day for 90 dil as well.

15 add bucks a month won t hurt me and is less than 2 cinema tickets.

But i get as well that for some folks it just isn t worth. Would have been way smarter if they hade made the pass 30 days for 4,99$
    instead of 10 only, imho. 🤗

Yeah, the price point is wrong (too high). I knew that some people did spend a lot on quantum speed ups, but I honestly don’t know what proportion of the playerbase did so (my guess is not a lot). The quantum pass makes sense for them.

But more importantly: people still go to the movie theater?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    I see it as that 2x Quantum Pass = 1,000 Quantum gives me an additonal retriveal of a legendary crew of my choice, for 10 bucks total.

That‘s worth to me, since i m sitting on130m credits and i buy add 50 quantum a day for 90 dil as well.

15 add bucks a month won t hurt me and is less than 2 cinema tickets.

But i get as well that for some folks it just isn t worth. Would have been way smarter if they hade made the pass 30 days for 4,99$
    instead of 10 only, imho. 🤗

Yeah, the price point is wrong (too high). I knew that some people did spend a lot on quantum speed ups, but I honestly don’t know what proportion of the playerbase did so (my guess is not a lot). The quantum pass makes sense for them.

But more importantly: people still go to the movie theater?

I don't. Health and transport issues. Dual release like some streaming services are doing is a great thing for those of us who are disabled and have to ride TWO buses to get to the closest theatre. {And then cross a busy six lane street {three each side with a median} where the bus stop is.}

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?