Home The Bridge
Options

Displaced Trait

Comments

• Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    The trait is so swiss cheesed

Desperate Riker should not be on there IMO & where us Lt. Wesley Crusher then?

Why not just do time travel & alternate worlds traits instead
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Let's add the Enterprise crew from Star Trek:First Contact.

Tommy Gun Dixon.
    Enterprise E-Picard.
    EV Suit Picard.
    EV Suit Worf.
    Drunk Troi
    Dr. Crusher.
    EMH Mk.1
    Assimilated Hawk.
    First Contact Barclay.
    Lt. Commander La Forge.

During the Borg attack, The Queens sphere went back in time and assimilated earth in the past. As soon as this happened the crew of the Enterprise were in an alternate timeline, and the only way to rectify this was to follow the Queen back in time.

They only went back in time fighting the Borg in their time following the Borg. It was of their own free willTheir time travel was a direct result of the Queen putting them in an alternate time line. They were trapped until they could rectify it.
    The enterprise followed the Borg sphere so they went of their own free will
    They also had the ability to return
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    What about Captain Scott? He was suspended in the transporter and came out years later, even if it could be considered as being in his own lifetime, since McCoy was still alive.

Please don't suggest that. Making us have to get the most hopeless card? 😄
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    What about Captain Scott? He was suspended in the transporter and came out years later, even if it could be considered as being in his own lifetime, since McCoy was still alive.

Please don't suggest that. Making us have to get the most hopeless card? 😄

Just trying to give him a bit of use. He has Jury Rigger. He should have Displaced, Resourceful, maybe Pilot considering he takes off in an unfamiliar craft at the end,...
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Displaced in time but never displaced from our hearts. <3
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why Red Angel Burnham and Mommy Angel Burnham
    lack the trait?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Tommy Gun Dixon.
    Enterprise E-Picard.
    EV Suit Picard.
    EV Suit Worf.
    Drunk Troi
    Dr. Crusher.
    EMH Mk.1
    Assimilated Hawk.
    First Contact Barclay.
    Lt. Commander La Forge.

During the Borg attack, The Queens sphere went back in time and assimilated earth in the past. As soon as this happened the crew of the Enterprise were in an alternate timeline, and the only way to rectify this was to follow the Queen back in time.

They only went back in time fighting the Borg in their time following the Borg. It was of their own free willTheir time travel was a direct result of the Queen putting them in an alternate time line. They were trapped until they could rectify it.

They did not have the ability to return until they had destroyed the Borg. Returning before then would have meant their removal from history, they would have never have existed.

They also travelled back in time from a timeline where the borg had already assimilated Earth.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Tommy Gun Dixon.
    Enterprise E-Picard.
    EV Suit Picard.
    EV Suit Worf.
    Drunk Troi
    Dr. Crusher.
    EMH Mk.1
    Assimilated Hawk.
    First Contact Barclay.
    Lt. Commander La Forge.

They did not have the ability to return until they had destroyed the Borg. Returning before then would have meant their removal from history, they would have never have existed.

They also travelled back in time from a timeline where the borg had already assimilated Earth.

This. They were "Displaced" in an alternate timeline before they followed the Sphere. The Earth changed before they went through. Similar to
    The current Picard season

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Adam should get the displaced trait for wearing this outfit that doesn’t fit in any time.

08yqdeeauyil.jpeg

Only his outfit is displaced. Adam is not.
    So no :smile:
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    Adam should get the displaced trait for wearing this outfit that doesn’t fit in any time.

08yqdeeauyil.jpeg

I am willing for WRG to add a displaced outfit trait or just make him costumed. :)
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

08yqdeeauyil.jpeg

But when he is trapped in 1947 as a general, he would be.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

08yqdeeauyil.jpeg

Ahh, yes, space hippies. Out of time, out of mind.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »

08yqdeeauyil.jpeg

Ahh, yes, space hippies. Out of time, out of mind.

But forever in our hearts!
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭

08yqdeeauyil.jpeg

You Herbert!
  • Options
    After looking through my roster I noticed that Resistance Rhys is also missing the displaced trait, as he's from S3 of Discovery he absolutely should have it
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistency:
    Resolute Chakotay - Same episode as several other additions: Year of Hell
    Warship Yar - Same episode as several other additions: Yesterday's Enterprise

"crew who unintentionally arrives in an alternate timeline, in the past, or in the future"

Fencing Picard - Although it only happens for a brief moment, Picard is looped backwards in time while in the exact pose his crew art is from - https://i.imgur.com/R27VGvt.png
    PICARD: Number One, did something unusual just occur on the Bridge?
    RIKER : Yes, sir. We experienced some kind of loop where everything repeats itself.
    DATA: Sensors show nothing, sir, but it appears a moment in time repeated itself exactly for everyone.
    DATA: Computers were also affected, which would indicate the phenomenon was not an illusion but occurred in real time.

Telek R'Mor
    TELEK: By your calendar, the year is 2351.
    CHAKOTAY: But this is 2371.
    TUVOK: Exactly. Our Romulan visitor is a person out of time. He is showing clear evidence of temporal displacement. I would surmise that the wormhole is a rift not just in space but in time. The unusual phase variance we detected was actually an indication of a temporal shift. We have transported him from twenty years in the past to our present.

"crew whose intentional action results in them arriving in the past, or future, with no way back"

Dr. Gillian Taylor - This outfit is from the end of the movie after she time travels to her future with no intention of returning.
    KIRK: It means that our chances of getting home are not too good. You might have lived a longer life if you'd stayed where you belong.
    GILLIAN: I belong here. I am a whale biologist. Suppose by some miracle you do get them through. ...Who in the twenty-third century knows anything about humpback whales?
    KIRK: Wait a minute! Where you going?
    GILLIAN: You're going to your ship. I'm going to mine. Science vessel. I've got three hundred years of catch-up learning to do.

Dr. Tolian Soran - If Nexus Kirk is Displaced for being taken to the Nexus unintentionally, Soran should have it for committing an "intentional action" to arrive in the Nexus without a return path.
    GUINAN: Soran doesn't care about weapons or power. He just cares about getting back to the Nexus.

Fury Kes - Temporal Agent could also be applicable here.
    TORRES: Torres to bridge. Kes is in direct contact with the warp core. She's drawing power from it somehow.
    JANEWAY: Shut it down. (As Torres works a panel, Kes zaps her with warp core energy before glowing brightly and vanishing.)
    PARIS: Warp power is returning to normal.
    JANEWAY: B'Elanna, report.
    SEVEN [OC]: Lieutenant Torres is dead. Kes has vanished.
    JANEWAY: Now one of you doesn't belong here, and I'm guessing it's you. Tuvok's premonitions were real. You're from the future.
    KES: A future I'm about to change.

K'mtar
    K'MTAR: I met a man in the Cambra system. He gave me a chance to change the past. He had the ability to send me here, to this time.
    WORF: And you came here in order to end your own life?
    K'MTAR: I was hoping that I would not have to, that I could change things, that I could change myself. But I could not. And now everything is going to turn out like it did before.

Temporal Agent Daniels
    DANIELS: You're in the thirty first century, Captain, or what's left of it.
    ARCHER: You said the Suliban wouldn't follow us, that we'd make it safely to the Vulcan ship.
    DANIELS: As far as I was told that was exactly what was supposed to occur.
    ARCHER: If bringing me here caused this, then send me back. I'll take my chances with Silik.
    DANIELS: You don't understand. All our equipment, the time portals, have been destroyed. Everything's been destroyed. There's no way to send you back.

Vice Admiral Janeway
    JANEWAY: Tuvok, there's something I need to tell you. It's very important. I'm going away and I may not see you again.
    KIM: Propulsion's online, plasma flow's stable. This device of Korath's, it produces too much tachyo-kinetic energy. It could burn itself out by the time you get where you're going. You wouldn't be able to get back.
    JANEWAY: I always assumed it was a one way trip.

Possible additions:
    Laborer Kirk & Laborer Spock - They do commit to an intentional action to go backwards in time and don't have an immediate return path, but Spock is able to construct a computer of sorts and ascertain that letting Edith die will "restore" the timeline, after which they immediately return to the present. Very vague.

Nexus Guinan - This could go either way. She was taken to the Nexus by accident and is unable to leave, but "Nexus Guinan" is an unexplained duality of Guinan who exists both separately and together with her other selves.
    PICARD: But ...I never had a home like this. Nor a wife and children. But these are all mine. Guinan, what are you doing here? I thought you were on board the Enterprise.
    GUINAN: I am. I'm also here. Think of me as an echo of the person you know. A part of herself she left behind.
    GUINAN: I can't leave here. I'm there already, remember?

Barry Waddle - While he could qualify for Displaced under the second clause as there's no stated method of return for him, the Temporal Agent trait is really more relevant here. He attempts to change history for his own gain. He's also missing the Merchant trait.
    SISKO: The bottom line is, we have to find Darvin and stop him before he has a chance to alter history.
    ODO: From what we've been able to piece together, he spent the next hundred years eking out a meager living posing as a human merchant.
    A Klingon Intelligence Operative disguised as a Human merchant

Mega event and collection upcoming. Would be nice to see WRG take one more pass through this thread before those are live.
  • Options
    Sad to see the previous comment was not taken on board. 3 crew have just been added for the mega with 2 incorrectly being given the displaced trait. Hippie Kira was deliberately in the period and easily able to get back after the briefest amount of time. 2024 Picard has also taken a great deal of trouble to go back. I guess he could yet get stuck there but putting a trait that would give spoilers probably wouldn't be advisable even if this were the case.
  • Options
    PSA!

People PLEASE stop asking for Traits to be removed because YOU disagree with them. Seems to be the only feedback they ever act quickly on.
  • Options
    Also, where does it define the Displaced Trait? I did not see it in Announcements.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Also, where does it define the Displaced Trait? I did not see it in Announcements.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19098/honor-sale-upcoming-new-trait-and-june-mega-event-survey

"Upcoming new trait (not live yet)
    Next week, with our weekly release, a new trait will be added to the game: the ‘displaced’ trait.
    This new trait will apply to crew who find themselves outside of their original timeline.

For instance:
    - crew who unintentionally arrives in an alternate timeline, in the past, or in the future
    - crew whose intentional action results in them arriving in the past, or future, with no way back (Discovery crew is a good example of that, starting with season 3)."
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19098/honor-sale-upcoming-new-trait-and-june-mega-event-survey

"Upcoming new trait (not live yet)
    Next week, with our weekly release, a new trait will be added to the game: the ‘displaced’ trait.
    This new trait will apply to crew who find themselves outside of their original timeline.

For instance:
    - crew who unintentionally arrives in an alternate timeline, in the past, or in the future
    - crew whose intentional action results in them arriving in the past, or future, with no way back (Discovery crew is a good example of that, starting with season 3)."

Thank you. I did not see that one when I was looking.

HIGHLIGHTED Why it applies to some that people disagree with. People are focusing on the two examples. But, examples are USUALLY a sampling, not a full set.

For instance, if I say "There are many excellent female athletes. For instance, Serena and Venus Williams." That does NOT mean that they are the ONLY excellent female athletes.
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    If you want WRG to add missing treats then we should also be fair about wrongly added treats.
    It should be a two way street.

I 100% agree with this. Trait accuracy should definitely go both ways.
  • Options
    If you want WRG to add missing treats then we should also be fair about wrongly added treats.

Except it leans much more to removing even justified Traits, but not adding missing justified ones. How long has the MEDICAL DOCTOR Prisoner Cornwell been in the game? Who practices her specific medical specialty while a prisoner? Still missing the "Physician" Trait.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Except it leans much more to removing even justified Traits, but not adding missing justified ones. How long has the MEDICAL DOCTOR Prisoner Cornwell been in the game? Who practices her specific medical specialty while a prisoner? Still missing the "Physician" Trait.

Yeah, I know.
    But it's better to act as a good example instead of a bad example. (Not sure if the expression is translated correctly)
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

She’s a counselor, not a physician. The absence of the physician trait makes sense there.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also rather an audit and cleanup before a collection goes live than deal with the inconsistent mess that's harder to fix once the collection launches
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are Picard Season 2 crew different from Voyage Home crew? Both crew traveled to the past to fix something in the future with the plan to return to the future. First Contact crew too.