Home The Bridge
Options

Daystrom Award Pack Error

Captain Sisko [AA]Captain Sisko [AA] ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
It's been common practice for DB to insert Legendary versions of event crew in event packs as random drops. For example, in the event with Trader Worf, you could receive, if lucky, a Regent Worf in one of your packs, as a straight drop- not as a Behold.

It would appear they have accidentally left Delta Flyer Paris from the recent event in the reward table instead of swapping in the Seven variants.

I received this Paris as a straight drop in one of my packs. Just wanted to let DB and the community know.

wxf04b017wc0.png

PS. Wanted to thank DB for Da Vinci, a character who has been long talked about on the forums. Stats and artwork are superb!
There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you already logged in when the event, and the pack were announced?
  • Options
    I don’t see an error. You got one of the guaranteed crew. The rest are all randomly pulled from the loot table.
  • Options
    Captain Sisko [AA]Captain Sisko [AA] ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Shan wrote: »
    Were you already logged in when the event, and the pack were announced?

I always restart before buying event packs.

Note: Da Vinci, Chapel, and Temporal Seven were dropping just fine. No issues on the main event crew.

Only the random variant drop seems to have been affected
    There's an old saying: "Fortune favors the bold." Well - I guess we're about to find out.
  • Options
    @Dinoss - yes, but last week's Burnham shouldn't yet be in the loot table.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait from your screenshot I see you have received Temporal Agent Seven, which is a featured crew for this pack. And you received a legendary crew on top of that. I am not sure I understand what you mean by this being an error.
  • Options
    Dinoss wrote: »
    I don’t see an error. You got one of the guaranteed crew. The rest are all randomly pulled from the loot table.

The guaranteed crew were fine, that's not the error. It's the random variants that drop in the packs that are in error. The variants should be Seven, not Paris.
  • Options
    The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I pulled a Tactical Michael Burnham too, which shouldn't be possible. I dunno if it matters but it was also in a pack with Temporal Agent Seven. I re-logged after the packs went live.
  • Options
    Wait from your screenshot I see you have received Temporal Agent Seven, which is a featured crew for this pack. And you received a legendary crew on top of that. I am not sure I understand what you mean by this being an error.

Hi Shan. The guaranteed crew weren't the issue. Usually there is a chance to receive variants of event crew as straight drops (not as a Behold). For this pack, it would be Seven of Nine. I received a Paris where that would have normally occurred. Others have received Burnham apparently. That is the error.

The guaranteed crew were fine. In 13 packs I received 3 Da Vinci, 4 Chapel, and 6 Temporal Seven.

Thank you for looking into this.

• Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    It's been common practice for DB to insert Legendary versions of event crew in event packs as random drops. For example, in the event with Trader Worf, you could receive, if lucky, a Regent Worf in one of your packs, as a straight drop- not as a Behold.

Is this correct or just assumed based on some fluky RNG in the past? Shan doesn't seem to know anything about it.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Sisko is correct
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I got a Bernham as well. Just figured they were in the loot table now. Never perceived it as an error. I think the only guarantee is the event crew. The rest is still just random.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    kalincekalince
    edited November 2017

Is this correct or just assumed based on some fluky RNG in the past? Shan doesn't seem to know anything about it.

If you buy enough packs you will see that legendaries are always beholds unless they are part of the event pack in ( Da Vinci) or they are a variant of a featured crew in the event (Seven of Nine / Mademoiselle De Neuf). It is absolutely true and this is an error which is evident by Burnham in the pack as well.
  • Options
    eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Burnham is recent event crew and hasn't been added to regular circulation yet. She shouldn't be dropping. Seems like DB forgot to update the loot table as well as the thresholds....
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    We've been told in the past that variants of event crew have a higher chance of dropping, but that doesn't exclude other crew (such as DF Paris) from the main loot table from randomly dropping. Burnham should be too new to be in the regular pool though unless they've started adding crew to the regular pool right after an event now.
  • Options
    Can't find a screenshot of it to save my life right now, but it does indeed happen. I used the Worf example because I remember getting exactly that-- A Regent Worf dropping as a straight pull in the event where Trader Worf was featured. I've had this happen with Bashir and Sisko variants as well. It's not terribly common but the chance is there.

Just that this time around it's Paris and Burnham dropping instead of Seven's and Chapel's.

The clue is that these always appear as a straight drop, and not a Behold.

It's possible to get a Behold with Delta Flyer Paris of course, but when you get a 4* or 5* straight drop in an event pack that isn't one of the guaranteed crew, it's always one of the variants.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    It should be dropping Sevens or even Janeways as straight 5 star drops. The 5 stars should be beholds so the loot table is mixed with last weeks. Really only Leo and 5 star Seven should drop via non beholds since Janeway doesn't have a character in the pack.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The clue is that these always appear as a straight drop, and not a Behold.

It's possible to get a Behold with Delta Flyer Paris of course, but when you get a 4* or 5* straight drop in an event pack that isn't one of the guaranteed crew, it's always one of the variants.
    Did not know that detail.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got a gold delta flyer paris and a gold disguised kira in my packs. both packs had chapel.

would have preferred event variants as i have to airlock both paris and kira now
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be dropping Sevens or even Janeways as straight drops.

I got a coffee Janeway straight up, but also straight up Rura Penthe Reed.
  • Options
    Sounds like event characters from the last two or three events are popping up.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »
    It should be dropping Sevens or even Janeways as straight drops.

I got a coffee Janeway straight up, but also straight up Rura Penthe Reed.

I mean as the 5 stars
  • Options
    Lol I had good luck on my pull, but that's really good luck I think..
  • Options
    Was so intently focused on Leonardo and gold crew, that I didn't notice I also had 2 Burnhams drop in the packs.

sc4pf0v5qpf3.png
  • Options
    I got Tactical Michael Burnham in one pack and Rura Penthe Reed in another.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    http://tenforwardloungers.freecluster.eu
  • Options
    I also got a RP Reed drop

vk5z50izm8jb.png
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

It would appear they have accidentally left Delta Flyer Paris from the recent event in the reward table instead of swapping in the Seven variants.

I received this Paris as a straight drop in one of my packs. Just wanted to let DB and the community know.

wxf04b017wc0.png

PS. Wanted to thank DB for Da Vinci, a character who has been long talked about on the forums. Stats and artwork are superb!

So, in addition to the Event Crew {Seven of Nine}, you got a DF Paris AND a Mikey Burn?

The issue?

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

wxf04b017wc0.png

So, in addition to the Event Crew {Seven of Nine}, you got a DF Paris AND a Mikey Burn?

The issue?

Scott

I'm not complaining about the extra crew, it's just the wrong extra crew for this event. Normally Seven's and Janeway's (since she's bonus crew for this event) would be in those places. Just helping fix the error.
  • Options

He got DF Paris AND Tactical Burnham. I really think he should be happy. I would.......

Just saying.......

Scott

• Options

We all know what ASSUMING does. And Ming is not too happy about it......

Scott

• Options
    edited November 2017
    That Sisko probably has every 5 star that would drop maxed and maybe frozen. He is a beast like Silver. I am sure he is neither happy or sad just informing the powers to be that their drop table is coded wrong.

While you are fixing it, let's get the 10th slot back to beholds like the old days :)
This discussion has been closed.