Home The Bridge

Happy First Contact Day!

Now, about those crew slots... ;)
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Yea... I was understanding their would be a sale of sorts
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    There will not be a sale, nor will there be the usual behold pack.
    There will be some free crew slots coming your way, and something else.
    Patience, final touches are being applied :)

I'm an Aries. I'm afraid patience isn't my strong suite or in my closet at all really.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    There will not be a sale, nor will there be the usual behold pack.
    There will be some free crew slots coming your way, and something else.
    Patience, final touches are being applied :)

Something besides the "normal" BeGold Pack? I'm still working on some of the ones in that, but I like the idea of a change.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • I mean, just rename the Mission: Chicago pack and you've got a First Contact Day pack! :smile:
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slots are in.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    No usual behold this time? Darn, I needed one more star on that Cochrane. :/
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the free stuff, STT team! I hope your Chicago experience is a rousing success. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the free stuff, STT team! I hope your Chicago experience is a rousing success. 🖖

Indeed and I hope we'll get some footage of the new feature in the upcoming days. 🤞
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Advertising a pack in advance and then making it a generic chron, supply kit, revival token pack?

Talk about setting yourself up for failure. If that's all you're going to do, don't advertise it. The pack is nearly worthless. But if it's unexpected it's a, "hey free stuff cool" reaction. Once you advertise it, especially after giving away a 5* behold previously, players expect that. And now "free stuff" turns into dashed expectations and upset players.

The sad thing is that in 2022, this apparently is special. In 2020, this happened every other Tuesday. It’s a nice pack, but a disappointment.
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Navarch wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Advertising a pack in advance and then making it a generic chron, supply kit, revival token pack?

Talk about setting yourself up for failure. If that's all you're going to do, don't advertise it. The pack is nearly worthless. But if it's unexpected it's a, "hey free stuff cool" reaction. Once you advertise it, especially after giving away a 5* behold previously, players expect that. And now "free stuff" turns into dashed expectations and upset players.

The sad thing is that in 2022, this apparently is special. In 2020, this happened every other Tuesday. It’s a nice pack, but a disappointment.

Perhaps "something else" from @Shan 's message reffers to new crew pack instead of usual one. I am still waiting for a surprise which is not related to chrons, voyage token pack that we received earlier today.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like free stuff! Thanks for free stuff!
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I'm going to start a torch shop on the forum. I feel I'm going to get rich.

I love all the stuff! Great job.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    So no free 5* as in previous years, just an announcement for another monthly objective event that we’ve been getting every month lately?

Can I buy IPO shares in that torch shop?
    edited April 2022
    Webberoni wrote: »
    So no free 5* as in previous years, just an announcement for another monthly objective event that we’ve been getting every month lately?

There will be a free copy of Solkar.

You get a free 4/5 crew just for playing the game.

And it's a green blooded Vulcan to add to the collection.

We have been getting a 4/5 crew every month since objective events were introduced, so that has nothing to do with First Contact Day celebrations, aside from the theme. My point is that this year we are getting less on the day itself than has been the custom for several years, unless there is more to come.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the words of Cochrane on this day: "Um... thanks." 🖖🤓
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

We have been getting a 4/5 crew every month since objective events were introduced, so that has nothing to do with First Contact Day celebrations, aside from the theme. My point is that this year we are getting less on the day itself than has been the custom for several years, unless there is more to come.

We are getting more then before and still you are not happy? Tomorrow you get your free 5*,Let's not :) ~Shan
    Peets wrote: »

We are getting more then before and still you are not happy? Tomorrow you get your free 5*,Let's not :) ~Shan

More than what? Not previous First Contact Days or previous month-long objective events…
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

No, there has been no promise of monthly objective events, and I don't believe we had one in February.
    edited April 2022

More than what? Not previous First Contact Days or previous month-long objective events…

We are getting more free 5* then before the objective events were introduced.
    Look up the word appreciation.

Not previous First Contact Days? Check again please:

2022:
    1 Free 5*
    5 crew slots
    3 Additional copy's with easy events

2021:
    1 Free 5*
    Extra scans

2020:
    1 Free 5*
    A Diplomatic pack (some free stuff)

2019:
    1 Free 5*

2018:
    2063 Merits

Edit: Sorry Shan.

You are combining First Contact Day celebrations and objective events, which are mutually exclusive. A monthly OE was expected for May regardless of FCD, so the rewards for each should be considered separately. We aren’t getting a free 5* for FCD for the first time in the last 4 years. It’s not like we’re getting a free 5th copy of the OE featured 5* crew, which would be an incremental gift.

2021 FCD - 1/5 crew
    March 2022 OE - 4/5 crew

2022 FCD - no crew
    April 2022 OE - 4/5 crew

/

Please keep the snark to yourself.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

We are getting more free 5* then before the objective events were introduced.
    Look up the word appreciation.

Not previous First Contact Days? Check again please:

2022:
    1 Free 5*
    5 crew slots
    3 Additional copy's with easy events

2021:
    1 Free 5*
    Extra scans

2020:
    1 Free 5*
    A Diplomatic pack (some free stuff)

2019:
    1 Free 5*

2018:
    2063 Merits

Edit: Sorry Shan.

You are combining First Contact Day celebrations and objective events, which are mutually exclusive. A monthly OE was expected for May regardless of FCD, so the rewards for each should be considered separately. We aren’t getting a free 5* for FCD for the first time in the last 4 years. It’s not like we’re getting a free 5th copy of the OE featured 5* crew, which would be an incremental gift.

Please keep the snark to yourself.

Solkar has nothing to do with FCD?
    - a free giveaway pack of the iconic Solkar, the Vulcan who made First Contact on Earth with Zefram Cochrane.

Even if you remove the additional 3 copies.
    5 free crew slots are much better then the years before.

Also, it's the last 3 years not 4.
    You wanted Zefram Cochrane but they decided to give something else which you dislike. Totally fine.
    But they are giving a free 5* for FCD.