Home The Bridge
Options

Player Survey

dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else have trouble filling out the survey? I don't mean tech issues but on some questions

"Pick your favorite 4 things about Timelines" - I got to 1 and stalled out realizing the rest are habit and routine but not really what I'd call "enjoyable"

"Pick the 1 thing you'd most want to see some to STT" - yet on this one where I wanted to pick multiple, I wasn't allowed. Every choice of the 5 has been at the top of wish lists for YEARS.

Comments

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    No troubles filling it out, but wished there was a place to add our own thoughts. For me, repetition (which is a choice in the survey) is the biggest issue, which has been echoed previously. I would have liked to expand on it a bit explaining where the game is tedious.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    I think it was designed to figure out how each player class feels about the game. New, seasoned, vet, and then which spending level of each, free, moderate, whale.
  • Options
    I picked Gambler for the collection. Give all those Rikers a place to go besides the airlock!’
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Where was the feedback section!!!!!!🤔 Its the same repetitive generic question's as usual. Give a rating, chose like or dislike, pick a theme for something upcoming, how long have you played, and 1 new item. NTF’s.

Does everyone know what NTF is? Maybe you could have explained in the question at the very least how it would be incorporated into stt. Is this going to be digital “stock” options?, As a way to buy in to stt on an open market? Or an additional way to make in game purchases with a form of crypto currency?

On the heals of “when it rains it pours” in game message this week along with 4 tickets, 4 weeks running for malfunctions, Im sorry but im not at all interested in this generic clickity click survey. Im interested in getting the game fixed and would have more appreciated an actual “feedback” section where maybe our voices are heard. 😢

u447cefz4ysg.jpeg
    yjqwvcnkbael.png
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NFT question was concerning.
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    I also chose the one about not enough slots. Slots is something I’ve sometimes had enough of in the past but for nearly a year I’ve had to freeze most of the golds I was using to play just to make room for more crew.

The increased frequency of honour sales is a double-edged sword. A lot of my slots are now filled with 1-3 star golds I’ve got through that, and it is not really helping me finish off any.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had to look up NFT's, too. I went with "Trill". There are a good number of Trills that aren't already in a collection. Adira Tal, Arjin, Cellist Adira, EDF Adira, Gray, Lenara Kahn, and Riker Odan (Why does he not have Diplomat?) would all be new to a collection. Seven out of thirty-one is a good ratio.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    I also chose the one about not enough slots. Slots is something I’ve sometimes had enough of in the past but for nearly a year I’ve had to freeze most of the golds I was using to play just to make room for more crew.

The increased frequency of honour sales is a double-edged sword. A lot of my slots are now filled with 1-3 star golds I’ve got through that, and it is not really helping me finish off any.

I felt good through most of the survey, believing they might actually take our feedback to heart, until I got to that last question. The cynic in me is worried that the survey was nothing more than window dressing for them to determine the appetite players have for Timelines NFTs as a new revenue stream. If that is a 'new feature' introduced in the future, as opposed to an actual enhancement to the game itself, that might be the final straw for me.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked Trill. Been re-watching DS9 again and, well, they're on my mind I guess. I assume we'll see all 3 of these soon enough - our vote is just helping to define the timing.

I knew what NFTs were, but had to google the specific Star Trek iteration since I hadn't heard of it. Other than the game's connection to Paramount, I'm not sure why this is relevant to us here. Maybe they (Paramount, not WRG) are just getting a sense of the potential market from a group that is demonstrably interested in the franchise (vs generic speculators). I doubt we'll see STT art turned into a NFT (though I suppose "never say never" is a saying for a reason).

What do I like least? How about the glitchy communication interface (chat)? If anyone wants to have a detailed or non-realtime conversation, third party tools seem to be the only viable option (fleet-wise, obviously, since... gestures at screen). My second choice would be - where's the Mac version of STT on Steam? I know, I know - "real" gamers use PCs. Well, I don't, and I don't use Zuck's product either. It's my phone, or nothing.

What do I want see in STT in the future? Since "all of the above" wasn't an option, I picked "more options to use my crew" - I'd like a reason to care about the latest freezer candidate beyond my immortalization count. The forum has offered so many interesting ideas along these lines in the past - it would be nice to see something implemented.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question about "Star Trek Continuum" does not imply that NFTs are coming to STT, but it is something new in the Star Trek landscape and as such gauging interest is useful.

Regarding an open feedback question, unfortunately that was not ideal. The last time we did it, the results were not useable.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The question about "Star Trek Continuum" does not imply that NFTs are coming to STT, but it is something new in the Star Trek landscape and as such gauging interest is useful.

Regarding an open feedback question, unfortunately that was not ideal. The last time we did it, the results were not useable.

Is there any sort of plan to share the survey results with players, either in-game or here on the forum?

I really appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback and this survey seemed to dig deeper into the heart of some significant underlying issues and opportunities. In past surveys, the outcome never seemed to match the consensus feedback from my fleet and/or the forums, which I'd like to believe represents a pretty good cross section of the player base.

To our pollsters out there, I am a little surprised that threads haven't already popped up to replicate at least a few of the survey questions, to act as a straw poll of us forum dwellers.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose Gambler because I have 59 immortal gamblers.

I gave NFTs a huge no. I’ll be on board after cheep fusion power becomes readily available and the Golden Gate Bridge gets covered in solar panels.

Calhoun wrote: »

The last honour sale wasn’t a winner for me but I’ll happily do them for the citations. I never buy the 10k pulls anymore since I know I can just bank the honour for a sale down the road. Helps save on crew space.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Gambler and Trill. What is the other option?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I picked Gambler as well.
    Aren t the most of us doing a big gamble since 6 years+ now, anyway? 😆
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

I can already see the tirades.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Gambler and Trill. What is the other option?
    Prodigy. Per the vault, the current breakdown of crew with each trait is as follows:

31 Triil
    44 Prodigy
    69 Gambler
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I had no idea what a NFT and the relationship to whatever the the Trek Continuum is… Shame there wasn’t a way to say we need to be able to use the replicators to make citations!
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    It would have been nicer ti have seen Bajorans as an option...
  • Options
    i will never pay for a f NFT ...
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only non-global currency I would use in this game are quatloos and gold pressed latinum.
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    The problem is of course, just like for other questions that were mentioned, how the question is phrased and how you can answer. I for example like NFTs in principle from a tech POV (I work in that field), I dislike all speculation aspects around NFTs and crypto, and I think Star Trek Continuum has done a disservice to the NFT topic in Star Trek, they have not done it well at all.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭

If you just want a quick quantitative numbers game from the replies, they are certainly not usable at all. If you want to dig into qualitative results, they can be a treasure trove, but it takes time to sort through them, which of course will come off other tasks (and we all know this company seems to have too little time to get all things right at the moment). That's fully understandable.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    madratmadrat ✭✭
    The entire nft thing turned me off,
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiRo wrote: »

If you just want a quick quantitative numbers game from the replies, they are certainly not usable at all. If you want to dig into qualitative results, they can be a treasure trove, but it takes time to sort through them, which of course will come off other tasks (and we all know this company seems to have too little time to get all things right at the moment). That's fully understandable.

I can't imagine the open feedback section of the surveys being any appreciably more insightful than perusing the forum. It probably would have been worthwhile to have included a message encouraging players with further thoughts to come here to share them. Though what requests or complaints anyone could have that we don't already have covered, I can't fathom. We have historically been a thorough bunch.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't imagine the open feedback section of the surveys being any appreciably more insightful than perusing the forum. It probably would have been worthwhile to have included a message encouraging players with further thoughts to come here to share them. Though what requests or complaints anyone could have that we don't already have covered, I can't fathom. We have historically been a thorough bunch.

The way it was done makes it look less like a "Feedback Survey" and more like a "Validate what we are going to do any way" survey......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

The way it was done makes it look less like a "Feedback Survey" and more like a "Validate what we are going to do any way" survey......

I didn't get to finish it. Somehow I tapped the screen somewhere the wrong place and it completed prematurely for me. I know I got as far as the question about NFT's because I remember rolling my eyes.