Home The Bridge
Options

Scrap the 24 hour extension

Make your opinion heard if you think this is a ridiculous idea & for them to change it

Comments

• Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    It’s ridiculous. Expecting competitive players to bleed out even more resources. My fleet is 6th and my squad is 3rd. We all budgeted for the the event and now it’s been blown apart. Several of us used dilithium for extra rewards, I guess that is so lucrative in this super competitive event, that WRG decided to extend it and disregard game strategy in a game that already has very little strategic requirement. Who wants to keep pounding the phone for another 24hrs to maintain the hard work you already put in? Not me!
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Agreed. Either scrap the 24 hour extension or seriously expand the ranks for which Spock is given. I think everyone has been going for Spock and now with the extension a lot of people are going to loose any chance of getting to the rank they otherwise would have gotten with no problem. So at the very least, expand the ranks for which 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 star of Spock is given or scrap the extension altogether.

Edit: And note that I am not the forum going type usually.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    How can you expand the 5* spock reward though except for dupes?
    Plus giving away one
    Granted, he is very worthy of duping
  • Options
    Meanwhile you don't know if you have to spend more today to secure your reward.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extending the event is just adding more difficulty to holding ranks. Might as well do nothing if you are gonna expand the ranked rewards, but make it more difficult to reach.
  • Options
    I had 100k of Intels yesterday when the game din't let us play, used a little bit of that when the event was playable again, today morning I spent most of my remaining Intels because I now work on the afternoon. I am not sure that extending the event time is the right/best option yet...
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to everything: making it necessary to spend more chronitons is not helping anyone, in the face of a galaxy event. This is ruining this event, AND the next one.
  • Options
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    How can you expand the 5* spock reward though except for dupes?
    Plus giving away one
    Granted, he is very worthy of duping

I dont think that those who will get the 5* Spock in the end will be the most disappointed or the most disadvantaged by this 24 hours extension. But those players who tried their best, had their strategy set, have more limited resorces and will not get the rewards they were aiming for and most probably could get if not for this fiasco. Like people trying to get into the 1500, 750, or aiming for a 3 or 4* Spock.

But yes, Spock is not a bad dupe candidate either ;)
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    1. Keep event length extrnded
    2. Give all ranked players the rank 1 rewards, regardless of actual rank, and in addition to earned rewards
    3. Replace all copies of spock from players earned ranked rewards with leg cites.
    4. Explain to players with game mail that wrg is taking ownership of screwing up the event.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Deleted

• Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Well my target for skirmish is always 3. I am in a pretty safe spot for that right now. I certainly don't plan on another 24 hours
    Let's just have 5 day events from now on. And the OE to bridge the gap!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my target for skirmish is always 3. I am in a pretty safe spot for that right now. I certainly don't plan on another 24 hours
    Let's just have 5 day events from now on. And the OE to bridge the gap!
    Careful, the torches & pitchforks crowd might stop marching on the @WRG Team castle and head in your direction! :lol:
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Why not scrap events all together? Games are supposed to be fun, this feels like the opposite
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    I just want someone to explain to me why 1 or 2 hours of downtime equals 24 hours of extra time?
    The period that it started up to the end surely is enough for all time zones
  • Options
     Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    I just want someone to explain to me why 1 or 2 hours of downtime equals 24 hours of extra time?
    The period that it started up to the end surely is enough for all time zones

It’s a very competitive event and many players are burning through dilithium and chronitons, another 24hrs of that will only mean $$$ for WRG as we all need to compensate to replenish resources. adding 24hrs to an already arduous and monotonous event is a kick in the teeth to everyone who strategized, balanced resources and gave time to rank where they are.

Annoying, illogical, and if not an inept decision by someone, then a ploy to expend more resources by WRG. Both possibilities **tsk tsk**
  • Options
    ? Dont you get rank 1 every skirmish?

You spend more hours skirmishing than anyone else. 24hrs longer event time is hardly an impact when you are accustomed to marathoning your way to rank 1 all the time.
  • Options
    This 24 hour extension is the worse thing they could do. Many people will not be able to keep the rank due to lack of time and/or resources. I guess an easy solution like giving everybody a free copy of the event gold didn’t came to WRG genius minds. What a mess!!
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what they could have done, tbh, these things can't really be fixed fairly for everyone after the fact. People who had planned to play couldn't do so and what with many working Monday, allowing all time zones a chance to play after work makes a certain amount of sense. An extra day is obviously annoying for those going for top ranks though.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    There are somewhere between 15-20k players who do at least a little in each event. (Source: the ranks my Nightmare Mode alt used to end up at when stuck in 1* mode.) They outnumber the players seriously competing for rank by 9:1 for those wanting at least a star on the new gold and 2 or 3:1 for those aiming to pick up a star on the existing purple.

I do think the extension is right for those players, for the reasons that have already been rehearsed, chiefly that they can find time to make up the time they lost if they were planning to play during the outage somewhere in that 24 hours. (Declaration of interest: I am effectively one of them for this event, as I realised very early that there would be a lot of people going hard for Spock and set myself other goals.)

On the other hand, it absolutely **tsk tsk** for the most engaged players (who are of course the majority of those on the forums) competing for rank as it just adds another day of grinding. I think the best solution would be to award everyone the rewards for whatever their highest rank achieved was between the point when the outage happened and the extended end, but I somewhat doubt that that's technically possible.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Not sure what they could have done, tbh, these things can't really be fixed fairly for everyone after the fact. People who had planned to play couldn't do so and what with many working Monday, allowing all time zones a chance to play after work makes a certain amount of sense. An extra day is obviously annoying for those going for top ranks though.
    They could have done nothing. I think it would have been better. Everyone was affected the same, and I think we have to go into very specific situations to find someone who couldn't play, and is not able to play a couple of hours later. Regarding time zones, those who couldn't play when the space battles came back because it was late, can play earlier in the morning the day of the event. Is there someone who, again, except for specific situations, those 2 hours were not the last 2 hours of the event?

Arena and space battles for the daily tasks are a different issue that needs intervention. Not the event.
  • Options
    Let's extend it until Thursday. Let's get crazy

Lets extend it until thenext convergence day
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Let's extend it until Thursday. Let's get crazy

Lets extend it until thenext convergence day

The true endurance event.

Or maybe wait until everyone has SNW Spock from Dabo to close it. (A couple of millennia by my back of the envelope calculation.)
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quote the recent episode of SNW: this sounds dangerously close to hijinks. :D

Was extending the event by 24hrs the best course of action: no. But I understand the thinking, especially when you take into account the global nature of the player base.

But I would also say this is just annoying. WRG has a generally good record of making things right when they have outright messed up (thinking the HMS Pinafore Data incident is most comparable). I'm betting they move everyone up one level on the rewards, if not more.

I would also add, it would be compounding the problem, and just sowing confusion, to cancel the extension.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just cross your fingers we do not get another day because of the 1200 Glitch.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?