Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

2456740

Comments

  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    The crew suggestions aren't working. I have another half dozen Federation crew that should be showing up here, but they're not visible.
    vc2ul9qhha6o.jpg

    That screen only shows you crew that have the trait for the node you have selected.
    Do the other crew you mention have the required trait?

    Yes, they all have the Federation trait. You can see them in these screenshots.
    w68yrzu413nd.jpg
    rfblj31wdbnv.jpg
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great to be able to see both traits on each node, rather than seeing one trait and a "?". That would make it easier to plan for one and potentially multiple nodes when determining what crew to thaw.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it intended that you have to actively click and assign the crew from the combo menu vs simply have him on the ship you are attacking the boss with?

    I had jazz riker on my ship, attacked and saw that I didn't actually trigger the combo. I then had to remove him since it wouldn't let me add the crew to that combo (it was showing as locked being on the ship already), go back add him via the combo screen, then the node triggered.

    This feels really clunky
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    The crew suggestions aren't working. I have another half dozen Federation crew that should be showing up here, but they're not visible.
    vc2ul9qhha6o.jpg

    That screen only shows you crew that have the trait for the node you have selected.
    Do the other crew you mention have the required trait?

    Yes, they all have the Federation trait. You can see them in these screenshots.
    w68yrzu413nd.jpg
    rfblj31wdbnv.jpg

    I think you need to have both federation AND the traits listed at the bottom, those are the only ones that trigger
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Until you have unlocked the harder variant.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the nodes have to be unlocked in order, left to right?

    Do the traits at the bottom only apply to the left most locked node, or to all the locked nodes?
  • ShanShan admin
    Quite an underwhelming start. Wasted 3 valor so far, because after selecting ship/crew and pressing attack the battle won't even load. Maybe this should have spent more time in Beta before release.

    Please use the issue thread in Engineering Room for this, and provide details on the platform/device you are using. Thank you!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16
    Why are crew showing up as locked.
    I cannot remove them from the ship, unless I battle from the looks of it.
    That means hoping the game knows what combos I am going for.
    I lucked out the combos went the right way. But crew should not be showing up as locked just because they are sitting in the ship.

    Also be careful with the ship. It seems to default to one of the worst ones for this boss battle the Klingon bird of prey.
  • ShanShan admin
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    The crew suggestions aren't working. I have another half dozen Federation crew that should be showing up here, but they're not visible.
    vc2ul9qhha6o.jpg

    That screen only shows you crew that have the trait for the node you have selected.
    Do the other crew you mention have the required trait?

    Yes, they all have the Federation trait. You can see them in these screenshots.
    w68yrzu413nd.jpg
    rfblj31wdbnv.jpg

    I can't tell if this is an issue or not with what has been provided.
    If this happens again, please report it in the dedicated thread in Engineering Room and provide screenshots of the combo chain screen, specifying what node you were going after, then the screenshot when trying to select crew + screenshot of crew roster. Thank you!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    d
    Do the nodes have to be unlocked in order, left to right?

    Do the traits at the bottom only apply to the left most locked node, or to all the locked nodes?

    The traits shown are for all the combos. Traits can only be used once. Some traits listed are impossible so that trait is not a possible combo. Actually shortens the list having impossible traits.

    Remeber there are 3 tiers of combos for easy.
    Once you have cleared 1 or more nodes you will have to wait for the tier to be cleared before you can try for another combo.
    Once tiers all unlocked and completed go for max damage
  • ShanShan admin
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    d
    Do the nodes have to be unlocked in order, left to right?

    Do the traits at the bottom only apply to the left most locked node, or to all the locked nodes?

    The traits shown are for all the combos. Traits can only be used once. Some traits listed are impossible so that trait is not a possible combo. Actually shortens the list having impossible traits.

    It is not required to unlock the nodes in order.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Tapping Crew Retrieval is its own mini game now. 4lc49gl22ig8.png

    iPhone 11 Pro.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    I for one will not be taking frozen crew out of cryo for this. I was expecting something far less complicated for boss battles based on my experience with other games. The battles themselves are less entertaining than the arena.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸‍♀️🙃
    Where is our Enterprise B & C?
    I also want the Pegasus or Grissom.
    We should also have a 1* TNG season 1 LT JG Worf
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm unclear on this one, but players should get damage credit for unlocking traits. If one player spends merits to find crew that unlock traits, while another player just sits there grinding max damage, the player who did overall damage with the traits doesn't get credit while the player grinding gets all the extra rewards from ranking higher in fleet damage.

    Someone in my fleet said the person who plays first after unlocking the trait combo gets the credit for the combo damage. That's really unfair and is giving credit just based on luck of who starts at the right time.

    Can we get a response as to whether this is WAD? We have one player in the Easy bracket with a damage result of over 1.8 million, but players who actively unlocked multiple nodes with less than a third of that.

    We're well and truly fighting against one another if solving a node doesn't give you a percentage of the damage, and instead the entire credit just goes to the person who waits and snipes the next battle.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The x to get out of the bridge is too small. Especially with the UI being inconsistent and the phone back triggering a game quit from that screen.jja7o8tohm5u.jpg

    When you factor in screens having a curve and cutting off the corner, that x is REALLY hard to click

    Same issue here. The curved corner of my phone screen cuts that button in half and the edges are notoriously hard to get taps to register accurately anyway.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The x to get out of the bridge is too small. Especially with the UI being inconsistent and the phone back triggering a game quit from that screen.jja7o8tohm5u.jpg

    When you factor in screens having a curve and cutting off the corner, that x is REALLY hard to click

    On my iphone, I was worried I was going to have to restart the game, then it finally recognized my tap!
    5yi4n342s4mp.png

    Weird... the screenshot looks ok, yet in game the "X" was more than half missing!

    Same. I think the screen cuts off the corner and that's why it's harder to click the X than it looks like from the screenshot.
  • ChaosChild wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm unclear on this one, but players should get damage credit for unlocking traits. If one player spends merits to find crew that unlock traits, while another player just sits there grinding max damage, the player who did overall damage with the traits doesn't get credit while the player grinding gets all the extra rewards from ranking higher in fleet damage.

    Someone in my fleet said the person who plays first after unlocking the trait combo gets the credit for the combo damage. That's really unfair and is giving credit just based on luck of who starts at the right time.
    I can confirm that the player who unlocks the final trait combo on the chain gets credit for all the bonus damage. We have 3 players in our fleet with more than a million more damage than the rest of us as a result. The bonus damage should not be credited to any one individual.

    I unlocked the final trait combo for two chains, and did not receive any bonus damage. Someone who came after did.
  • I believe I also did not receive bonus damage even though I contributed to a combo chain by completing it. That particular bug/challenge is a problem when that can make the difference as to whether or not you receive rewards.
  • ChaosChild wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    It would be great to be able to see both traits on each node, rather than seeing one trait and a "?". That would make it easier to plan for one and potentially multiple nodes when determining what crew to thaw.

    The whole point is that you're trying to work out what the second trait is. That's the challenge.

    But as the difficulty level goes up and eventually includes every crew in the game that goes from "challenge" to "likely impossible".
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The x to get out of the bridge is too small. Especially with the UI being inconsistent and the phone back triggering a game quit from that screen.jja7o8tohm5u.jpg

    When you factor in screens having a curve and cutting off the corner, that x is REALLY hard to click

    Same issue here. The curved corner of my phone screen cuts that button in half and the edges are notoriously hard to get taps to register accurately anyway.

    I had to restart the app. I could not hit the "x" at all.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭
    Feedback:

    All the little ships fighting the Doomsday Machine at the same time look really cool. Thank you for that.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valor is really infuriating. I really like the battles and want to participate but only 4 battles before having to wait 3 hours is just awful.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Valor is really infuriating. I really like the battles and want to participate but only 4 battles before having to wait 3 hours is just awful.

    And 12 hours before fully replenished to do another 4. So that is 11 attacks per 24-hour battle, without paying, assuming you can play your first ticket immediately?
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Bonus/Reward system broken? Don't seem to be registering anything.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
Sign In or Register to comment.