Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    The x to get out of the bridge is too small. Especially with the UI being inconsistent and the phone back triggering a game quit from that screen.jja7o8tohm5u.jpg

When you factor in screens having a curve and cutting off the corner, that x is REALLY hard to click

On my iphone, I was worried I was going to have to restart the game, then it finally recognized my tap!
    5yi4n342s4mp.png

Weird... the screenshot looks ok, yet in game the "X" was more than half missing!

I'm having a lot of difficulty in closing that screen on my Galaxy 22plus as well
  • imdwalrusimdwalrus ✭✭✭
    One of our nodes in the third set is "human". If I'm counting right that's a whopping 90 options between 1* and 2* rarity, and we have to eliminate them two at a time.

Seriously?

"Human" as a trait option (and probably "Federation" and "Starfleet" needs to be blacklisted for this mode.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Liking it so far, but yikes is this going to be a merit drain, especially if we can manage to get to the Hard/Brutal levels with the sheer number of 4* crew sitting in freezers.

My fleet is making some progress, but it is difficult to coordinate. Also, massive merit drain.
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Coming soon: 1,000 merits for $4.99, available exclusively on the stt webstore
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a merit drain but once you pass brutal, gold's are good to go.
  • SimsSims ✭✭✭
    I was bored of it before the game crashed. unfreezing rndom stuff in the hope you my do stuff. Meh!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    One of our nodes in the third set is "human". If I'm counting right that's a whopping 90 options between 1* and 2* rarity, and we have to eliminate them two at a time.

Seriously?

"Human" as a trait option (and probably "Federation" and "Starfleet" needs to be blacklisted for this mode.

There’s a list of potential traits at the bottom of the screen. Many of which don’t exist on 2* crew and can be safely ignored.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be a massive merit drain. And if the pairs are specific enough we may need to be unfreezing all the way until the hardest level. All my ff 4* are frozen, so I'll need to be unfreezing until it's only 5*.

The trait searching would be much more fun if you can use frozen crew.

Also, it's really clunky to go into the battle look at the traits, then have to go look up frozen crew traits outside of the game, then exit the boss battle, go into crypto, unfreeze my crew, then reenter the boss battle to select the crew. All the while wondering if a fleetmate is about to unlock the node and cause me to start over again.

If the trait screen searched frozen crew and let you use them it would be a simpler ux experience.

I completely agree. This feature is great for increasing in-game fleet engagement and discussion, and I like the strategy around fleet-wide coordination. A guessing game with traits, the huge merit drain, and need to keep crew slots open, all combine to make yet another thing that should be fun feel like a chore.

It's not like the rewards are great, and all we get is to populate a bridge picture that will never be looked at, for ship buffs that seem useless beyond a small bump for voyages.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be a massive merit drain. And if the pairs are specific enough we may need to be unfreezing all the way until the hardest level. All my ff 4* are frozen, so I'll need to be unfreezing until it's only 5*.

The trait searching would be much more fun if you can use frozen crew.

Also, it's really clunky to go into the battle look at the traits, then have to go look up frozen crew traits outside of the game, then exit the boss battle, go into crypto, unfreeze my crew, then reenter the boss battle to select the crew. All the while wondering if a fleetmate is about to unlock the node and cause me to start over again.

If the trait screen searched frozen crew and let you use them it would be a simpler ux experience.

Or at least let you defrost them without having to leave and go into cryo.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

You have to match "Human" with one of the traits at the bottom of the screen, that cuts down on the possibilities a lot. And even if there were 90 possible crew that could work, you don't have to try all of them. You just have to try one for each of those listed traits (assuming there is a match for each trait, some of them will be red herrings that you can ignore). And if you pick the right crew, you can eliminate multiple traits from the list at once

I'm really enjoying this, it's the first thing on the game that's actually required some thought since they got rid of expeditions.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you start unlocking levels, the order in the UI is confusing. Why is normal first and then easy? It's incredibly easy to be confused and play the wrong level. And because anyone in the fleet can start a battle, it's too easy for one player not coordinating with the fleet to start a different one than the fleet starts.

stwsrz5ugumd.jpg
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

No, it's only about 50 crew, many of whom will be covered by other crew.

Having a common trait like "human" might make it easier, if another node is "Jury Rigger", then you try the human jury riggers first, and they get a chance at two nodes.
  • imdwalrusimdwalrus ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Seriously?

You have to match "Human" with one of the traits at the bottom of the screen, that cuts down on the possibilities a lot. And even if there were 90 possible crew that could work, you don't have to try all of them. You just have to try one for each of those listed traits (assuming there is a match for each trait, some of them will be red herrings that you can ignore). And if you pick the right crew, you can eliminate multiple traits from the list at once

I'm really enjoying this, it's the first thing on the game that's actually required some thought since they got rid of expeditions.

Okay, I was thinking we needed to hunt down a specific crew *with* those traits and not just match the two traits. That does make it a little easier.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    98d50ybpttcj.png

We defeated the first one. These rewards are terrible. I spent a couple thousand merits unfreezing crew.

How did you get that screen? We've moved on, but I haven't seen that screen or been able to claim any rewards.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you switch back and forth between the trait selection view and the start battle view it keeps changing ships. I've started battles with the wrong ship because I didn't realize the game had changed it on me.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Slick wrote: »
    I for one will not be taking frozen crew out of cryo for this. I was expecting something far less complicated for boss battles based on my experience with other games. The battles themselves are less entertaining than the arena.

The big problem is finding the crew to pull out of cryo. I have 3 accounts I started as soon as it started maybe 12pm central (not sure when it started)
    So much time was wasted in trying to chose the crew I wanted based on traits from cryo. I ended at slightly before 3pm central time. Then I realized I had the gauntlet to do for the midweek event I finished after 3pm. I needed to leave at 3;15pm I still needed to shower and brush my teeth. I had not eaten anything but I only got up at 10:30 am central. I did not realize how much time was being used up by trying to search crew.

One important point. We have no easy way to search through crew ship abilities.

I think last night I wrote down all the 1* and 2* crew ship abilities, but not for the ones with evasion. I knew from the video that evasion was not used. But this means I have yet to go through the abilities of the crew with evasion. Today I learned we always hit so accuracy is not important either.

Edit; by finish I mean I did all 4 valor points. I still have about half left to destroy the Doomsday machine . Should complete with the next 4 valor maybe with 3.
    The easy one. Edit2: I think I meant I would get over 50% destruction. Not sure if that is needed though to collect rewards. I see I thought the damage from combo was actually damage my ships did. So I thought I could defeat the boss. No, I could not in the end I needed 8,8,4 more valor then what accrued per time for my 3 accounts to destroy the boss. If there had not been a bug for damage, I think I could have done with just the Xtra 4 from rewards and starting the battle with a total of 8, ( since I was not destroying the boss I always had 4 valor when collecting rewards).
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can only see ship and crew levels for battles that haven't started. For active battles it only shows the time left and not the crew requirements.k2zgxhboujy1.jpg
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the damage ranking list there are ovals that can be filled in green. It's unclear what they mean. I would have guessed it means hit a trait match, but there don't seem to be enough of them. Maybe it's only the last trait match? Or the one after the match?
  • Shan wrote: »
    Fleet Boss Battles is live!

Use this thread to provide feedback and only feedback.
    Please keep it as clear and concise as possible. Thank you!

I don't get it I don't like it, I don't see what other people are seeing and I used two crew that had traits that the combo thing said to use and it didn't seem to make any difference from the ones that didn't match anything.

I know that is not great feedback, but I am not impressed, sadly.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I now realize . That the damage to the doomsday machine mostly came from combos. I do not think I can win this with my 3 account fleet.

Edit I defeated it with the xtra 4 from rewards, and 2 of my 3 accounts I got an Xtra 4 with dil. The damage went down that I was doing after I completed the 1st rewards, and also upgrade the reduce boss damage level one 3times. Either that upgrade was a bug or I lost my previous upgrades. If i had not loss about 40k damage. I think I might have been able to do it without using any dil. On account or just one account. No complaint I realize this is a Beta and the dil. Was from the rewards.