Home Ready Room
Options

CAB Fleet Boss Battles Combo Node Helper (Crew Finder)

Comments

• Options
    A user reported an issue that lead to 2 bug fixes in the CAB Combo Chain Helper... I fixed in the live version, but you will need to make a new copy of the sheet. Bugs did the following:

1. When a node had just 1 hidden trait, it only checked some crew for 1 trait on all other nodes
    2. Wasn't accurately counting crew that qualified on N5, resulting in incorrect sorting.

Thanks for the bug report RanAiren!
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cabtools.app site is not responding.

shp70abqqf1x.png
  • Options
    In the copy that we're currently using in our fleet, I've made these changes. Not sure if you'd like me to share them back with you somehow.

- Added tabs for each node
    - Order the crew on the tab by number of trait matches and in node order so that the same traits are easier to identify (like "Trait" sort in the previous tool)
    - Auto-check off the nodes/traits that have no in-portal crew matches
    - Add the trait name after the node number across the top

For us, this makes it easier to identify exactly what crew are needed to clear a node and thereby eliminating traits and drastically cutting down the number of possible crew for other nodes.
  • Options
    The cabtools.app site is not responding.

shp70abqqf1x.png

I just pulled it up ok? Anyone else seeing it down?
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    Ganon wrote: »
    In the copy that we're currently using in our fleet, I've made these changes. Not sure if you'd like me to share them back with you somehow.

- Added tabs for each node
    - Order the crew on the tab by number of trait matches and in node order so that the same traits are easier to identify (like "Trait" sort in the previous tool)
    - Auto-check off the nodes/traits that have no in-portal crew matches
    - Add the trait name after the node number across the top

For us, this makes it easier to identify exactly what crew are needed to clear a node and thereby eliminating traits and drastically cutting down the number of possible crew for other nodes.

Glad you are making it useful for you! Everyone I've ever talked to uses it differently (some like it sorted one way, some another, some like more text, some less...), so the basic goal is to keep it straightforward so it works out-of-the-box for everyone with minimal complexity. Those who are capable of modding it of course are free to do so on their own versions. I could add a lot of checkboxes and options, but some users find that too complicated. Tough to balance.

I do like hearing how people use it, because the tweaks and additions do often come from ideas people throw out there.

I am working on some logic to add some auto-elimination of crew based on a few factors, but I'm one guy, and getting this ready in time for yesterday sucked up many more hours than I actually had. Taking a break to get caught up before I push hard on new functionality again :D Suffice to say, more is coming.

Thanks for the suggestions!
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    Tribble MamaTribble Mama ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    These sheets have been a huge help with my fleet. We share one, which makes it so much easier to narrow down the crew, when multiple people add in the crew they have tried. Thanks to these, and a schedule and good cooperation, we have been able to regularly defeat the Brutal boss.

I've made some adjustments. Like alternating colors on the crew section, to easier be able to follow the rows across. And even added a fleet logo, which was nicer than I thought it would be when I had the idea. It also helps to quickly identify which copy of the sheet I am using, when I have more than one.

42ke8rd1da1i.png

I also just shared the link with my new alt account's fleet. So hopefully that helps there too. Even if it's not shared.

I like the datacore crew import option with the latest version. Especially with my alt, where I am the only one using the sheet. It helps me quickly find which crew I actually have. That part doesn't really work when shared as a fleet (after all, we all have different crew). But that's okay. You get benefits either way.

Thanks for the hard work! 🖖🏼

*I left on the branding and site links elsewhere, not to steal your credit. Just changed the logo on the main page to a fleet logo.
  • Options
    These sheets have been a huge help with my fleet. We share one, which makes it so much easier to narrow down the crew, when multiple people add in the crew they have tried. Thanks to these, and a schedule and good cooperation, we have been able to regularly defeat the Brutal boss.

I've made some adjustments. Like alternating colors on the crew section, to easier be able to follow the rows across. And even added a fleet logo, which was nicer than I thought it would be when I had the idea. It also helps to quickly identify which copy of the sheet I am using, when I have more than one.

42ke8rd1da1i.png

I also just shared the link with my new alt account's fleet. So hopefully that helps there too. Even if it's not shared.

I like the datacore crew import option with the latest version. Especially with my alt, where I am the only one using the sheet. It helps me quickly find which crew I actually have. That part doesn't really work when shared as a fleet (after all, we all have different crew). But that's okay. You get benefits either way.

Thanks for the hard work! 🖖🏼

*I left on the branding and site links elsewhere, not to steal your credit. Just changed the logo on the main page to a fleet logo.

You are welcome. Glad you are finding it useful!

No worries on the logo changes. Really, you can mod it however you like for your own use! Personally, the only thing I'd object to is someone making a few changes, and then offering it as a "new tool" they put together.

On the communal sheet I use for my own fleet, I have added a "Check if using" box to the main page, that turns the grey background cells pink, just as an attention getter. I also took out the "Have" column, but that might be a little more complicated.

The next version will have some alternating row colors, and I've gone back to light-grey dots for marked rows. So watch for those at some point soon...
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    Does this also work with Libre Office or Open Office?
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Denniss wrote: »
    Does this also work with Libre Office or Open Office?

I have not found much luck downloading as an XLS. There are some formula differences. It would work - you'd just have to correct those issues. You'd also have to unhide any hidden sheets before trying the download.
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    I just downloaded and shared this new copy with my fleet. I'm looking forward to using it on the next battle. Especially the matching crew feature!! I hope that will give some others the confidence to do more with the sheet, if they don't need to worry about that.

Thank you so much for your hard work!!

Health and long life 🖖🏼
  • Options
    Greetings all - Edmonton Trekkies have made some improvements to the CAB FBB sheet - there are quite a lot here and it involves getting your fleet to share their datacore.app profiles. If you can do that, you can lookup who has any of the eligible crew and know how many of your fleet have that crew. We've also added in conditional formatting on the Node and Potential traits to know when there are more than 2 and more than 3 traits (since you know those must be used). Links to the crew log are on the new sheet. Anecdotally, we've been able to solve UNM and NM in about 2.5 hours with the 14 captains for which we have profiles. Happy to walk you through the new functionality - I can be found on Timelines Talks discord.

All credit and praise to CAB for original sheet!

Check it out, but please take your own copy of the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1srUo5PJlPPdzsEHdEEGJZnBQbKhbkj4Yq7W0VhiViXc/edit#gid=173246657
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    It should be noted that the Edmonton Trekkies version is an unauthorized "improvement." Generally quite happy for fleets to modify the sheet for their own use, but it is definitely not an "official" version.

I mean, you can't trademark spreadsheet formulas or a fan project, but it is what it is :).

Version 3.3 of the official CAB Combo Helper tool is in beta now and should be released in the next day or two!
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    v3.3 of the CAB Combo Chain Helper has just been released: https://cabtools.app/combo-chain-helper/

For those that like lists of changes:

v3.3 Updates
    Each node now includes a field to indicate which crew solved the node. Crew in this field will be treated as Attempted Crew, so there is no need to include them twice. Crew that actually solve a node will be highlighted in orange on the Eligible Crew list.
    • Because of the above, Crew Matching is now more refined. Crew will now be matched for duplicate traits, unless the attempting crew has solved a node (in which case, they are still eligible).
    Alphabetical Elimination – New Feature. It has been observed that all nodes display their traits in alphabetical order. With Alphabetical Elimination active, crew will only be marked as eligible if they have enough traits to satisfy the node’s hidden traits while also maintaining alphabetical order. This feature can be turned off by unchecking the box at the top.
    • Duplicate traits in the Possible Trait Pool will now be highlighted. Anecdotally, if a trait is duplicated, all instances must be used to solve a node.
    • Included a notice warning of the dangers of Copy & Pasting within the sheet (don’t do it!).
    • N3’s color has been changed to distinguish from the highlight color used on duplicate traits.
    • Several instances of ‘Cell Reference’ = TRUE have been removed, because it’s embarrassing that I actually did that in some of the formulas.
    • An image of the Doomsday Machine has been added to fill some space on the right side.
    • Instructions on how best to restore checkboxes that have been accidentally deleted. This seems to happen a lot.
    • Darkened the background color – hopefully it is easier on the eyes.
    • Added a general license/permission to use statement.
    • Moved the Used checkboxes on the pool traits over to be in line with the node solved checkboxes and protected other cells in the column. Checkmarks can now be cleared by clicking on the D column header, then tapping the space bar twice.
    • Moved the Level Selector to the middle of the header.
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    3.31 is out: https://cabtools.app/combo-chain-helper/

Two fixes:
    - Fixed a bug in the CrewData column that was searching the trait for P5 in the P6 column
    - Corrected Conditional Formatting on the MobileDisplay tab that was failing to cross out Attempted crew
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    What do those do that don't have/want google drive?
    How do we use this helper?
    Does it work in Mickysoft office or Open/Libre Office?
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    This is from 29 October, the fourth node shows

Brutal, Physician, Human, Starfleet. That is not alphabetical order.

ekq03qo2l90o.jpg
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    This from today, EV Suit Phlox, Physician, Exobiology, Resourceful.

Physician was given, the other two were on the list below.

Going through the rest of my screenshots, it seems that Physician is the only one that is wrong, I wonder if the game is treating it as "Doctor" internally.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/4598/server-release-notes-trait-change-and-fixes-03-28-edited-5-12-pm-et#latest

u6o2xfbn5wzf.jpg
  • Options
    This from today, EV Suit Phlox, Physician, Exobiology, Resourceful.

Physician was given, the other two were on the list below.

Going through the rest of my screenshots, it seems that Physician is the only one that is wrong, I wonder if the game is treating it as "Doctor" internally.

u6o2xfbn5wzf.jpg

Yes you're correct, internally it's still "Doctor." The only other trait I'm aware of that disobeys is "Klingon Cardassian Alliance" which is "KCA" internally, and has some corner cases where a racial Klingon has the KCA trait and it's inverted.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    What do those do that don't have/want google drive?
    How do we use this helper?
    Does it work in Mickysoft office or Open/Libre Office?

You need to use it on Google Sheets - so just make a copy of the document saved to your own Google Drive, and use it there!

There is extra development involved in making this compatible with other spreadsheet apps. Unfortunately, while I understand Google Drive may not be everyone's cup of tea, I don't have the time or inclination to make it compatible with anything else. Sorry!

If you have a google account, you do "have" Google Drive!
    This is from 29 October, the fourth node shows

Brutal, Physician, Human, Starfleet. That is not alphabetical order.

ekq03qo2l90o.jpg

@Dangevin [CAB] described it perfectly. The module accounts for the way Physician and Klingon-Cardassian Alliance are sorted back-end, which is why you will see that. I don't know of any other oddities like that, but if any come to light, I I will endeavor to update quickly.
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    Not everyone needs or wants a google account because they want to protect their private data.
    I'm just asking for an investigation if it may be made compatible with Excel alike programs
  • Options
    Tribble MamaTribble Mama ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Anyone else have a version 3.31 copy showing that there is an update available?

3qdi00fn9r0q.png
    I first noticed a day or two ago. But from what I can tell, 3.31 is the most recent version.
    *I moved around some things, including the version number. It's just after the fleet logo, instead of before it*
  • Options
    Anyone else have a version 3.31 copy showing that there is an update available?

3qdi00fn9r0q.png
    I first noticed a day or two ago. But from what I can tell, 3.31 is the most recent version.
    *I moved around some things, including the version number. It's just after the fleet logo, instead of before it*

Hopefully, this update will go away for you shortly. It was an error.

v4 is "in testing" - and the update mechanism was being worked on. It failed to connect to v3.31 correctly. Thanks for reporting, and my apologies!
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    Hey folks - v4.01 of the CAB Combo Chain helper has been released!
    https://cabtools.app/combo-chain-helper/

v4.01 Updates
    • Total ground-up rebuild!
    • Main tool tab renamed to Dashboard.
    • Crew Matching and Alphabetical Elimination works on a per-node basis.
    • Traits eliminated through partial matches are marked with a “/”
    • Alerts box displays when someone is using the sheet, when the correct number of Possible Traits have not been checked, and when the name of the crew solving the node or the solved box hasn’t been checked (when one of those two has been done).
    • Trait, crew, and checkbox alignment for ease of resetting the sheet. See the instructions beneath the Possible Trait pool.
    • The “N” has been removed from the node identifier. Possible traits are now referred to as a-r.
    • Name of the trait will appear in the Eligible Crew chart. If no crew possess that trait, the column will be blank.
    • Mobile Tab refinements, to display better in Light and Dark modes.
    • And more!
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Nevermind I entered something wrong

• Options
    Nice job on the improvements! 👏🏼 It's beautiful!
    I look forward to using it. Just shared it with my fleet, so will be using it in a few hours, for the next battle. Can't wait.
    Thank you for all your hard work! 🖖🏼
  • Options
    I noticed this happening yesterday with my copy of the spreadsheet so I deleted that copy and got a new on and I am still having the same issue with the traits not being listed.

m4bmpki0tm9j.png
  • Options
    This is a feature, not a bug. Note the ones that aren't showing: Kyrian, Caitian, Nacene, Android, Benzite. All racials, and most rare/unique. A trait across the top will not appear if it's not potentially a solution, to make things a bit more clear to the user.

(Android is significantly more common, but note you have 3x Duelist nodes. Android/Duelist only shows on 3 crew, and Android/Botanist on two, none of which are possible solutions based on the rest of your pool)