Home Ready Room
Options

CAB Fleet Boss Battles Combo Node Helper (Crew Finder)

Comments

• Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I kind of decided that the best way to do that would be to use "X" marks in columns, as opposed to listing the skills. The eye is typically pretty good at finding patterns, and while a more complicated solution is worked on - that might work.

That isn't to say my solution in v2 isn't really verbose at times, but it seems to work pretty well so far in testing.

V2.0 is out now. I'll keep v1.31 available as well, but I think v2 does all v1.31 does and more. You can choose to look at a single node or all at once:

v 2.3
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kiGu8VbqI-unC1OS-HqFJ-feky5pQegTQUNMhZK65LY/edit

This list should function the same when they return to the old way of listing traits (with better formatting). Also have laid the groundwork to filter crew by Portal/Crew Retrieval availability. Will tweak with that once whatever change they made goes live.

Once again, lots of logic going on. Any error reports are most appreciated.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

You could probably push that formula to an ARRAYFORMULA and only use first cell, this way you can keep it futureproof if the list pushes past 1000. I think you can do AFs with IF statements but I think it's very conditional to what the IF statement involves. Worth a try to save some time in the future.
  • Options
    AdrikAdrik ✭✭
    Just a couple of thoughts

1) Thanks for all the work on this so far. Even if there was no more development it's so much easier than trawling lists of crew to figure out who fits!
    2) It sorts by the list of Trait matches, but would it be possible to split this out to give people the option of sorting by number of Node or Possible Trait matches as well? I can see a lot of benefit in prioritising crew who could match multiple nodes.
    3) Is there any way to have the checkboxes stay with the crew when the nodes change? Or if not, clear all the checkboxes when a node is removed to avoid crew being incorrectly marked as tried?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Just saw you put up 2.0; looks great. Starport will test it today as a collab tool.

I didn't know there was a new version and basically replicated your work on a copy of 1.3 (doh!).
    Thanks and you are a monster and I don't know how you sleep at night using column numbers in query select text. Base 26 is not natural.

The only thing I'm seeing up front is there is no sorting by node, but a user can always just enter one node at a time if they see the pool is convoluted.

I've added what we use for collaboration. I was going to add checkboxes to allow users to make solved traits and strikethrough the text automatically and make the respective trait column strikethrough, but it gets wider than I would want to use it at very quickly. I will report any bugs we encounter.

yy5wtfrohhjn.png

• Options
    V2.1 - @JimBerlin found a bug where the N columns on the CrewFinder tab were displaying incorrectly.

In 2.0, if a crew met the conditions for ANY node, the N# column was being checked if they matched the trait - not if they qualified to clear that node. Fix pushed in v2.1 here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wOrqBCE1Hg7et_PJcEiaUO-SyJDnaOshlk7v-ogVThw

As always - I appreciate the testing and any bug reports!
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    @(A) Traveling Man I found a minor issue related to trait matching.
    Mirror K'Ehleyr shows up as Cardassian, because the Trait-Check works with a substring-logic and finds "Cardassian" within "Klingon-Cardassian-Alliance".
    gom2ne1fjzlo.png

I figured out a solution using RegexMatch where B1 is the complete trait list and A5 is the trait we are looking for.
    =REGEXMATCH($B$1,CONCATENATE("^\s*",TRIM(A5),"\s*,|,\s*",TRIM(A5),"\s*$|,\s*",TRIM(A5),"\s*,|^\s*",TRIM(A5), "\s*$"))
    The Trim-call is optional, just to avoid problems if the entered trait is "Human " instead of "Human".
    The regex contains 4 parts
    1) Start of string, optional whitespaces, Trait, optional whitespaces, colon => if trait is the first entry
    2) Colon, optional whitespaces, Trait, optional whitespaces, colon => if trait is a middle entry
    3) Colon, optional whitespaces, Trait, optional whitespaces, end of string => if trait is the last entry
    4) Start of String, optional whitespace, Trait, optional whitespace, end of string => Trait is the only one in the list

Maybe there is a better or simpler way to do it, but it looks like it works for the tested Traits of Mirror K'Ehleyr

d7s06bwqq9ba.png

• Options
    Mirror K'Ehleyr shows up as Cardassian, because the Trait-Check works with a substring-logic and finds "Cardassian" within "Klingon-Cardassian-Alliance".

Thanks - looks like that was likely in there all the way back in v1.0!

I will work on some good options. REGEX may well be the way to go. May not be today - falling behind on work :) but this will definitely be addressed soon.
    CABTools.app
  • Options

Thanks - looks like that was likely in there all the way back in v1.0!

I will work on some good options. REGEX may well be the way to go. May not be today - falling behind on work :) but this will definitely be addressed soon.

Enjoy the weekend! Your tool already is a difference maker and I very much appreciate your hard work!
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the tool.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Inserted some sorting capabilities and its working fantastic. Still, of course, have to manually check off and keep track, but very fast.

py3vst7ysseo.png
  • Options
    After checking off crew, if we remove a trait from N1-N6 to indicate that it's solved, it refills the Eligible Crew column, but keeps the old checkboxes, so that they no longer align with the crew that have actually been tried. Is there a way to address that?
  • Options
    After checking off crew, if we remove a trait from N1-N6 to indicate that it's solved, it refills the Eligible Crew column, but keeps the old checkboxes, so that they no longer align with the crew that have actually been tried. Is there a way to address that?

At this time - I do recommend unchecking before removing the trait. It is going to require some scripting to remove all checkmarks. Limitations in the platform.

Maybe someone who is more of a spreadsheet guru can send me the answer, but at this point - it will require some work. Sorry!
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    At this time - I do recommend unchecking before removing the trait. It is going to require some scripting to remove all checkmarks. Limitations in the platform.

Maybe someone who is more of a spreadsheet guru can send me the answer, but at this point - it will require some work. Sorry!

A spreadsheet guru I am not, so I will just change my behavior and advise my fleet mates to do the same. If it becomes a feature down the road, great, but we can work around it.
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭

I would not delete any trait, but strike through the text instead. Then, I'd removed the ones from either that node or hidden trait with the checkboxes. That's why I wanted multinode crew up top. It doesn't hurt that they could also knock out more than one.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    New Version - 2.2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLDiOUSar1RvT0MXijtnlOCd6Jokh-hDw6Pc-15HOaY

Additional features:
    • List now sorts by total Nodes the crew is eligible to unlock first, and then by total trait matches.
    • Attempted Crew column - enter the crew you try, and they will be crossed out on the list. Crew entered here remain on the list (crossed out), even if you delete the trait they qualified for!
    • Checkmarks have been removed for attempted crew - use the column instead for full functionality.
    • Updated instructions page.
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an awesome tool; thanks for making it! It's doing a great job of making me look like a master of the game to my fleet-mates. Little do they know... :D
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Love this sheet. can ya add in being able to lock out used crew for one primary trait? our current combo chian has 13 crew that have two or more and that would be really helpful. thanks
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    Something wrong with the sheet all of the sudden. I used the new 2.3 yesterday. Now every time I try and input a trait it has an Invalid error that the input must fall within the specified range. I even tried making a new copy of the sheet.
  • Options
    Something wrong with the sheet all of the sudden. I used the new 2.3 yesterday. Now every time I try and input a trait it has an Invalid error that the input must fall within the specified range. I even tried making a new copy of the sheet.

Curious. Try now?
    CABTools.app
  • Options

Curious. Try now?

Same - I've tried opening in a private window too but it still acts like it can't load any list of traits
  • Options

Curious. Try now?

Same - I've tried opening in a private window too but it still acts like it can't load any list of traits

Can you try making a fresh copy? I'm loading it on a dummy account, and it is now working fine for me.
    CABTools.app
  • Options

Curious. Try now?

So the sheet was auto-updating from the DataCore crew.csv - which appears to be not working. I've removed that connection, and manually placed the crew. Try to make a new copy and see if that works for you.
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    Yep that is working now, thanks
  • Options
    Version 2.4 has been released. You can get it here: https://cabtools.app/combo-chain-helper/

New improvements:
    1. Metered updates from Datacore, instead of live refreshing. Prevents sheet from breaking when Datacore is down.
    2. Added "Move Attempted to Bottom" checkmark and associated functionality.
    3. Added "Attempted Trait" checkboxes, which will highlight a trait column in red. This will aid in eliminating crew with redundant traits
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    great tool, thx 4 this. have been using it often but I have noticed several times that no crew pops up when I input. for instance, known trait is Bajoran, unknown traits not used are Maco, Ktaarian, resourceful, shapeshifter, caregiver, telepath, beta annari, mylean, klingon.

no possible crew show up for that node. should I be including traits that are shaded and used? or is there something wrong with the spreadsheet? this has happened like 3 times. thx
  • Options
    NasHam wrote: »
    great tool, thx 4 this. have been using it often but I have noticed several times that no crew pops up when I input. for instance, known trait is Bajoran, unknown traits not used are Maco, Ktaarian, resourceful, shapeshifter, caregiver, telepath, beta annari, mylean, klingon.

no possible crew show up for that node. should I be including traits that are shaded and used? or is there something wrong with the spreadsheet? this has happened like 3 times. thx

A couple things I would check. I just entered those traits, and did return some:

gtaseh73ldum.png

1. Did you set the correct number of hidden traits (?) for that node?
    2. Is the Boss Battle set to the right level?

Looking at your list of skills, there are no crew with Bajoran AND MACO, Ktarian, telepath, Beta Annari, or Mylean. That eliminates a lot of options right there. Only 2 Odos have "shapeshifter," (usually he is changeling), and only one of those is Bajoran.

I don't know of a crew that has 2 traits on that list in addition to Bajoran (excepting Solar Sails Sisko, a gold), so I am guessing you have a 2 in the ? field on the sheet set to Brutal...

CABTools.app
  • Options
    NasHamNasHam ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    9l1czzebr3hc.png
    olxoub75pn3j.png
    yes it was 2 hidden traits and I have it set to brutal. I don't understand how you got it to populate tho I was using older version.

I copied the new version over and am using that now. I tried it with it set to brutal and inputted 2 known traits for node 4 (communicator) and node 5 (human). My fleet got the other 3 nodes shading out 4 unknown traits that they used leaving me with these traits for unknown traits. Maverick, Primal, Kriosian, hologram, Undercover Operative, Douwd, Starfleet, Hunter, Klingon, Xindi.

I was able to get Node 4 cause only 3 popped up on list and my fleetmember had tried one and didn't get it, since that left 2 possibilities, one having same traits as crew he tried, I chose the other (which locked the node after battle), and I used one of the ones on the list for node 5 (and there were a bunch of them) but the node didn't lock.

I eliminated the 2 traits I used from the list (starfleet & klingon) and suddenly no crew were showing for node 5. Yet b4 the listed cleared, there were crew who had other traits that could be used. I hit undo twice to get it back how it was, but I don't understand why the crew disappeared when I eliminated the 2 traits I used.

I would normally assume that since all those crew shared at least one of the traits I used, that that would be why, but looking at the list, Displaced Molly O'Brien should not have disappeared since her traits show as Primal and Hunter. I will make screeshots and post them if you like.

PS: I just noticed it only clears the list when I eliminate the federation trait
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    NasHam wrote: »

PS: I just noticed it only clears the list when I eliminate the federation trait

I can't tell for sure because you didn't include a full screen-shot, but is your list scrolled to the top? I inputted your traits in v2.4, and replicated what you have:

w8q33lgtkaxy.png

If you notice the arrow though, 13 jumps straight to 66, which means there is a lot more crew above that.

zm8f8vqwnfec.png

I then also deleted Starfleet, and got the blank sheet like you. But when I scrolled up:

ierzapd2njgq.png

There were crew left.

The next version of the sheet is going to include some visual indication that you are not at the top of the scroll, but I suspect this is what you are experiencing.

CABTools.app
  • Options
    NasHamNasHam ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Interesting ... Thx