Home The Bridge
Options

Damage taken from boss is not a buff. Its a handicap.

It is currently to the players detriment to boost this stat. Please fix this now.

Its increasing damage taken instead of reducing it.

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    This has already been reported, so why did you create a new thread for it here? Cross-posting from the pinned thread in the Engineering Room:
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I have noticed that I am not lasting as long in battle as I did the day before.
    It is my belief that 'reduced boss damage' is increasing the damage instead.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry didnt check. Either way its a big screw up, but my screw up pales in comparison to theirs. ;)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry didnt check. Either way its a big screw up, but my screw up pales in comparison to theirs. ;)
    I'm not sure if you saw this post by Shan in another thread, so I will cross-post it as well for you. 😈
    Shan wrote: »
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s most likely crap grammar.

I’m very reliably living over 30s on hard despite having this ‘handicap’. This wasn’t the case earlier.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signs point to a display/poor text issue - not that it is actually giving more power to the boss :)
  • Options
    bradabrada ✭✭
    That's good to hear that it isn't an actual debuff to players :)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    Signs point to a display/poor text issue - not that it is actually giving more power to the boss :)

Shan, I was lasting longer in battle.

Kang was getting one more activation in the battle.
    I noticed this because I was in auto and he was not being activated (auto was waiting for cloak), so I would click on him to activate him. The next Fleet battle at Nornal difficulty, after upgrades, I have not gotten that activation except maybe once as the ship got blown up. So there is no doubt I am not lasting longer, but, I have more upgrades so I should last longer.
    Also this is with all 3 of my accounts. I did initial 4 (I wait for valor to be at 4 on all my accounts before I start a battle) and 5 more battles each account. So subtracting a total of 6 for combos. I am doing 21 battles.

So I had 21 battles that lasted longer than any of my next 21. But this is after upgrades that should have let me last longer.

Later on ,I swapped O"Brien out for Scott. But most of the battles had been done with O'Brien. Since, I am doing slightly more damage with Scott, that is the combo I use now. But none of these 21 battles lasted as long. And, my Scott combo, he gets 30% total hull repair done before O'Brien's 30% shield.

Also thinking of that , originally before upgrade there was times I almost got and may have gotten a 3rd use of O'Brien. It was not even close after collecting my rewards and upgrading and starting the next Normal battle.

Edit: 🙄 Dumb math mistake I had 33 instead of 21.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I know this could be just a mistake in the wording, but what it is saying, is what I am seeing
    voqio4xwv26d.jpeg
    It should be negative