Home The Bridge
Options

Collection Expansion Plans?

JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
I would just like to know from the team if there are any concrete plans to expand all existing collections to their new maximum threshold tier. There are several (including the uncommon one which would help newer players a great deal) collections with crew hitting +20, +40 or even +60 purrsonnel (for example "Original Thinking" with the highest tier being 180 crew, but we have 258 crew already eligible for this collection, which would merit a 200, 220, 240 and maybe a pre-maturely added 260 threshold).

When (hopefully not "if") the new tiers get added, please try to think about some new or original rewards instead of the usual power-creeping "+1% base / roll" reward. How about super-rare and / or legendary citations? How about a larger amount of 10x premium purrtals instead of just a single one? How about quantum? Maybe a few more exclusive crew from collection tiers? Maybe a large amount of shuttle tokens or 5* timeboosts etc.?

~ Jhamjham
"Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I wouldn't mind if the amount of citations would go up every tier (let's say for 200 crew Original Thinking 1 gold citation + 1 purple citation, for 220 crew 3 gold citations + 3 purple citations, for 240 crew 5 gold citations + 5 purple citations, 2 more every tier etc.).

Yes, the crew would have to be great, similar to Spacegoat O'Brien (not like Lucille Davenport who was at least given out 5 times or Data & Spot).

Also, I was specifically pointing out "expanding existing" collections. New collections of course would have to include permanent skill bonuses, but not "only" those.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about expanding the valor cap as a reward for high level tiers in collections?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is citations are not valuable enough for collection rewards. Why would I dedicate 4 5* cites to finish a collection to only get 1 or 2 cites as a reward? I might as well just use my existing cites on other crew. But I will use 4 5* cites to get to the next tier of a boost collection knowing that it will improve my stats on every voyage and mission.

There may be some FBB potential rewards. Maybe a big enough hull improvement or damage reduction. Or now that they can support AM boosts, a AM boost for the collection may get me to consider citing crew. But that's the question to ask, would you spend ~4 cites to finish a collection. If the rewards are good enough, then it's a good collection reward. If they're not good enough to get you to use 4 citations then the reward is not good enough for a collection.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! More collection caps! More stat boosts. Plenty out there too expand!
    (and more projects to work on)
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t mind seeing a citation in the Gauntlet collection. It was a collection tier that I was going to patiently wait for. It’s a small bonus that almost anyone can complete with some effort.

Wunderkind on the other hand is sort of lame. It was nice that it’s stat buffs were relatively front loaded but now I’m treating it like I treat most theme collections. I’d be pretty annoyed if Original Thinking got the same treatment.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals