Home The Bridge
Options

More All-Immortal Beholds

I enjoyed the mixed Disco beholds from completing collection tiers and received some good crew. So, I decided to spend another 950 dilithium on one more pack. What did I get for that expenditure? 200 honor, because I got an all-immortal behold. I've been complaining about these for literally YEARS, and the developers have done nothing about the problem.

Did I know this was a possibility before spending my dilithium? Of course. It always is, because WRG thinks that if they make it too easy to get one of the hundreds of crew that we need, we'll stop spending money on the game. What they don't realize is that their tactics actually make dilithium worth less and less the longer you play the game, therefore making it less likely that I want to spend actual money to purchase it.

I used to spend a lot of time redeeming offer wall opportunities, but I haven't done that in many months. I used to never miss a campaign (except for when they banned my fleet mate for using the new feature they designed poorly), but now I'm not inclined to buy the next one. What's the point? To get a few useless beholds and dilithium that I can spend on more useless beholds, plus a few items I already have tons of?

The game has been bringing me less and less joy for more and more time spent, largely because the chances of getting new crew from any behold continue to shrink. The thing I used to look forward to the most is now my biggest source of disappointment.

At the very least, we should have a re-roll option (maybe first one is free, second re-roll costs dilithium, something like that).

Sorry for being a Debbie Downer. If you're enjoying the game as much as ever, carry on. However, I felt the need to publicly let the designers know that they're about to lose a longtime player if they don't make some changes. If I'm alone, so be it. If not, then feel free to join the cause.

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I've just come to accept it as a possibility as I get more and more FFE crew. This is one of the down sides as you reach that point in a game like this but I don't feel that a change is needed. yeah, its a bummer when I get a FFE behold but it doesn't bother me that much.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    =j= JC Ravel=j= JC Ravel ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    To be honest, I mind its less in the run of the mill beholds, but when you pay a significant amount of dilithium for one pull and end up getting crap, that's not a good feeling. It doesn't make you want to come back for more. At least, it doesn't have that effect on me.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    They absolutey need a re-roll feature, or, at a minimum, increased honor rewards when all immortal beholds show up. (Like, an all immortal begold triggers a claim 5500 honor button to appear as a choice along side the current option of taking a duplicate card) You know, incentivize the collecting, instead of penalize it.

Thats the fundamental problem with the game today. The person/s in charge are happier with punishing players than finding profitable ways to reward them.

I remember one of the wrg people in an interview said that voyages are giving away too much freebies. And i just shook my head. To get an 8 or 10hr voyage worthy roster requires a ton of effort on the part of the player. And trying to get 8 or 10 hr voyages as a new player is practically mt. Everest unless you spend money or are willing to grind for a few years. And thats what made me shake my head. Comment moderated, please be more mindful when posting in general and about staff in particular - thanks. ~Shan And i mention this here, because this is what your post and request are up against. They wont see the “why” or the “need” for your request, they will draw incorrect conclusions and fail to act on a game feature that would make people happy, and probably put money in their pockets.

Its a shame. Comment removed
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Double post
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Lets be realistic, it is how the game has been forever.
    Many players accept this as it has always been this way. And evidence of said acceptance vs dwindling profits….
    Many players don't “cash in” portal packs until they are board enough to punch packs for an hour. Because their is no joy in all honor.
    Dilithium spent on packs? No way!! Their is no joy or sense in exchanging Dilithium for honor. Tuesday pack = big spenders only. Many have stopped looking in the portal all together.
    It can be agreed that a FF should give a re-roll. Or finally make that Fourth option we've been asking for. Only now, the retrieval system exists. Maybe the 4th option on every behold should be (1/4 - 1/3) or so the cost of a crew retrieval. ISM, quantum, credits a “retrieval pack”.

Having said that, it is more than fair to remind players that once upon a time the premium portal had straight drops x 10. You were lucky to get a behold. When the game makers realized that all straight drops were becoming obsolete and frustrating players with all FF cards they did do something. At the time that change was implemented majority of mid lvl to younger accounts did very well with it. While the long term players with advanced accounts got nothing out of it. This is an ongoing topic discussed many times.

Realistically, if you aren't getting cards to play with, what are we doing? This is a card collecting game. We need the ability to get existing cards completed.
    The more cards we get old and new alike, the more we spend and deplete inventory to build them, then get more. Portal packs are going obsolete for seasoned players with high lvl accounts because they are worthless.
  • Options
    The struggle is between how to get new people into a 7 year old game, and have enough progress and encouragement to dig in, and at the same time keep all of your vers happy.

I think they should look at more options that reward the vets for grooming the newbies.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    A one time reroll for an all immortal behold would be nice.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Double post

How so?
  • Options
    I think they should look at more options that reward the vets for grooming the newbies.

As someone involved in the higher education, I know that the cost of recruiting a new student is WAY more expensive than the cost of keeping a current student. In fact, giving the current student a year of free tuition is usually less than what it would cost to recruit a replacement. I don't think this is unusual in business. It's far easier to keep a returning customer happy than to go out and find more returning customers.

They sooner WRG figures this out, the better for them.
  • Options
    A one time reroll for an all immortal behold would be nice.

I'd even be willing to spend dilithium on that. Maybe something like Dabo. One re-roll for credits, then for a little dilithium, then for a lot of dilithium, then for an insane amount of dilithium...
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Echoing a point above.... More honor for airlocking. Thats the bigger key for me.

Agreed. Since honor was introduced the conversion rate for 5* crew/cites has been a joke. You'd have to airlock 91 x 5* crew in order to purchase 1 x 5* citation. The 91:1 ratio for the same 1/5 crew value has always been ridiculous. With a better conversation ratio, the all-immortal beGolds would feel like less of a gut punch.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten used to the idea of immortalized 4* beholds. I don't have an issue with them this far into the game. There comes a point when you simply don't have all that many 4* to get.

But a 5* behold is different. An all-immortalized begold is very frustrating.

550 honor for a gold crew was never much, but consider that I get nearly 4 times that in just over a day from boss battles. A gold crew dismissed should be closer to 10,000 than 500.
  • Options
    I also think we need to get more than 500 honor for a gold crew
  • Options
    Sorry but the idea of a reroll is stupid.
    You know the odds, just because you have more immortalized you should now get a reroll, or how does it work for those who don't have all of them immortalized- naff choices so why not do a reroll & get better ones?

@=j= Ulysses Winters you knew what could happen. Buying mixed behold are idiotic IMO as begolds are never guaranteed

As I said before, I'm waiting for a portal update until doing my premium pulls

The one thing I would rather see changed is new 4* crew reward such as Tam all the time now as those who are VIP14 or even vets get zip all year round
  • Options

What if I said you could have 550?

One response might be:

“You are clearly too focussed on correcting peoples typo’s rather than understanding the bigger picture”

It was a joke. Have a chuckle… 😂
    Is that a joke too?
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

What if I said you could have 550?

One response might be:

“You are clearly too focussed on correcting peoples typo’s rather than understanding the bigger picture”

It was a joke. Have a chuckle… 😂
    Is that a joke too?

That’s how I meant it. Sometimes it’s good just to have a chuckle. 😂

It reminds me of Gene Wilder in Young Frankenstein. Definitely worth a chuckle or two.

tik73mpjobtx.jpeg

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    You know the odds, just because you have more immortalized you should now get a reroll, or how does it work for those who don't have all of them immortalized- naff choices so why not do a reroll & get better ones?

How kind and friendly of you. ;)

I would make it a regular feature for any behold, or perhaps for any begold. As I said, make it like Dabo, where all can be rerolled, but the more times you do it, the more it costs. It adds a revenue stream and helps players get more crew they want. Win-win.

But feel free to send another insult if it makes you feel better.
  • Options

I would make it a regular feature for any behold, or perhaps for any begold. As I said, make it like Dabo, where all can be rerolled, but the more times you do it, the more it costs. It adds a revenue stream and helps players get more crew they want. Win-win.

I think you have sound logic and the re-roll feature would be completely win win.

Sure, the p2p whales would have an advantage, but the adcantage gained from a re-roll feature like this pales in comparison to what already exists within the game.
  • Options

Where is the insult? 🤷‍♂️ I posted my opinion what I thought of rerolls in general

So I guess I insulted every person who agrees with rerolls? 🤔🤨
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Calling a person's idea "stupid" when you clearly haven't even read the entire idea (or frankly, even if you have read it all) isn't what I would call kind or neighborly behavior, but you do you.

In the future, maybe state your opinion without denigrating someone else's, or better yet, ask a follow up question to learn more about their idea.

Again, this is my general overall opinion of rerolls

Show me where I directly called you stupid

Using your logic, everyone that agrees with rerolls has insulted me then?

And no I never bothered to read this thread I just randomly picked out one post to reply to 😀
  • Options
    Calling a person's idea "stupid" when you clearly haven't even read the entire idea (or frankly, even if you have read it all) isn't what I would call kind or neighborly behavior, but you do you.

In the future, maybe state your opinion without denigrating someone else's, or better yet, ask a follow up question to learn more about their idea.

And no I never bothered to read this thread I just randomly picked out one post to reply to 😀

Calling an idea stupid and then claiming that doesn't reflect on the person who came up with or shared the idea is a handy rhetorical device, but it's not how reality works.

When someone has an idea that they believe in and someone else calls it stupid, it's human nature to apply the insult to the thinker as much as the thought. An apology is a much more effective response when someone says you've insulted them.

Using my logic, only those who told you that not agreeing with rerolls is stupid would have insulted you. I don't see where anyone has said that though.

Disagreeing with an idea is fine. Calling an idea (and by extension its advocate) stupid is not.

You could have said, "I prefer not introducing rerolls because..." or "Introducing rerolls would create this problem..." or "Have you considered that rerolls would actually cause this issue..."

All of those are ways of making a point without being insulting. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
  • Options

Calling an idea stupid and then claiming that doesn't reflect on the person who came up with or shared the idea is a handy rhetorical device, but it's not how reality works.

When someone has an idea that they believe in and someone else calls it stupid, it's human nature to apply the insult to the thinker as much as the thought. An apology is a much more effective response when someone says you've insulted them.

Using my logic, only those who told you that not agreeing with rerolls is stupid would have insulted you. I don't see where anyone has said that though.

Disagreeing with an idea is fine. Calling an idea (and by extension its advocate) stupid is not.

You could have said, "I prefer not introducing rerolls because..." or "Introducing rerolls would create this problem..." or "Have you considered that rerolls would actually cause this issue..."

All of those are ways of making a point without being insulting. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
    You are not the person who came up first (AFAIK) with the thought/idea of reroll so you cannot claim it your idea 🙂

You(meaning anyone, not just singling you out to make that clear) cannot compare this to the dabo wheel as all the available prizes are shown

It's like buying a lottery ticket but then asking for another one cos you never won
    It's a game of chance not "shoot I don't like this, give me a better card"

And sorry is the language isn't to your liking. I live in the real world though 🙂 And believe me, I am a VERY quiet & reserved person.
    I look forward to your reply
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
  • Options

You are not the person who came up first (AFAIK) with the thought/idea of reroll so you cannot claim it your idea 🙂

You(meaning anyone, not just singling you out to make that clear) cannot compare this to the dabo wheel as all the available prizes are shown

It's like buying a lottery ticket but then asking for another one cos you never won
    It's a game of chance not "shoot I don't like this, give me a better card"

And sorry is the language isn't to your liking. I live in the real world though 🙂 And believe me, I am a VERY quiet & reserved person.
    I look forward to your reply

I'm sorry if I claimed an idea that someone else thought of first. That was unintentional.

Regardless of who first came up with the idea, insulting a thought that someone shared still insults the person who shared it, especially if the person is presenting it as what they think of as a good idea. I can respect that you may take the phrase, "your idea is stupid" as a compliment or neutral statement, but I expect there are a significant number of people in the world who feel as I do. In the interest of keeping things friendly, wouldn't it be better to recognize that difference and act accordingly? After all, you offend no one by leaving out the word stupid, and you offend some people by putting it in. Why put it in?

You're of course free to do as you choose. I'm just offering friendly advice on how to be a bit kinder when offering feedback in the future. My real world job is in teaching, and I can promise that if I ever told a student or colleague that their idea was stupid, I'd not be in my position for long.